It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does our new Government look like

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
We have all been watching the close race for President and all the entertainment it provides with slim margins and contested batllte ground states; But now that it is looking pretty clear that Joe Biden has won its time to look at the complete make up of our new Government.

Democrats have won the big race and with that they will possess a power they have not enjoyed for the last 4 years.

However it would appear that outside the presidential race it was the Republican party that won big this year.

The Senate will stay in the hands of the Republican party. This is going to keep the new president in check when it comes to the more radical ideas the left would like to enact, including packing the courts.

This in turn means the Supreme Court stays on the conservative side with the replacement of RBG for ABC.

The lead in the House has shrunk considerably for the Democrats. This will make it more difficult for Pelosi to push her agenda.

What is worse for Pelosi is that her new rank and file is more progressive than it has been in the past. This will make it difficult for her to gain wins through compromise with the Republicans. As her rank and file will resist such compromises. Pelosi will also find her self defending these progressive members more than in the past as they are imboldene by Biden's presidential win. Unfortunately the rest of the country isn't moving in that progressive direction which will cause tension for Pelosi.

As stated the country is clearly not moving in a progressive direction and it is possible moving in a more conservative one. Republicans did well in state and local elections; holding on to power where they already had it and gaining ground in purple state. The Republicans even did unexpectedly well in blue states like New York.

Most importantly Republicans have held control over the redistricting process that comes out of the 2020 census and with Conservative control of the Supreme Court it is likely they will be able to push the boundaries of redistricting in their favor. Not to mention that many feel the 2020 census under counted minority groups that traditionally back the Democrat party.

Speaking of those minority groups; one interesting development out of this election is that Republicans are gaining ground on their support. We all knew the Democrat hold over these groups would naturally wain over time as the groups became more and more diverse in thought and needs, but it seems that time is now.

Looking into the future it is a know fact that a first term president always loses support in the next congressional elections. The same will undoubtedly be true for Biden in 2022. The map is also in favor of Republicans; making it possible for them to hold control of the senate and gain control of the House. Factor in that Republicans will have control over redistricting and the possibility increases.

But getting back to the presidency; Joe Biden is a bit on the older side and as such is a bit more subdue in his actions. How is that going to couple with the fact that he will have little support in congress? Its safe to assume he is not going to be able to push most of his signature ideas past the Executive Ordered level. Even those EOs are going to have a hard time serving an unfriendly Supreme Court. What happens to Biden then? How long will his base continue to support him as he fails to deliver what they want? Will this be enough during the next election to tip the presidency back to the Republicans in another close race?

Could-A-Divided-Government-Be-What-The-Voters- Want/

it was a hotly contested election that went down to the wire and appears to have produced a shift at the top, with Democratic former Vice President Joe Biden the presumptive president-elect. But it was apparent fairly soon after Tuesday that the results would fall short of the takeover the Democrats sought, and some pollsters predicted. The party kept control of the House of Representatives but lost a number of seats, and it posted gains but failed to win a majority in the Senate. Overall, arguably closer to status quo than resounding repudiation.

Republicans solidify grip on state legislatures

Republicans were able to fend off challenges from Democrats trying to flip control of state legislatures in key states. That means that in 2021, Republicans will control a majority of redistricting efforts across the country.

‘Not a Great Outcome’ for N.Y. Democrats as G.O.P. Gains

New York Democrats had high hopes going into the 2020 election. They thought they could add to their numbers in the state’s House delegation by winning in some traditionally Republican districts, and capture a veto-proof supermajority in the State Senate.

But preliminary vote totals seemed to dash the hopes of Democratic officials and indicated a resurgence of Republican power in New York’s suburbs.

Some Republicans feel protected by 6-3 Supreme Court, even if Biden wins

WASHINGTON — Republican voters fearing a potential Joe Biden presidency are taking some solace in the belief that a newly conservative Supreme Court with Justice Amy Coney Barrett will restrain Democratic ambitions.

Some of President Donald Trump’s supporters believe the new 6-3 majority of Republican appointees will be a bulwark against a Biden administration’s attempts to move the country in a more progressive direction.

Pelosi Faces Reckoning With Progressive Democrats as House Majority Set to Shrink

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi may face a reckoning with a growing progressive caucus as the Democratic majority in the lower chamber looks set to shrink. 

With a disappointing electoral performance for House Democrats as the backdrop, Pelosi will soon face an election for the Speaker role, while others in her top team face similar leadership elections in the face of an expanded progressive caucus.

Recruitment push fuels record number of women in House GOP

House Republicans are poised to add at least 13 women — if not more — to their depleted ranks next year after a record-breaking recruitment effort.

Several races involving female GOP candidates are still too close to call. But when all the votes are tallied, Republicans could count as many as 33 women in their conference, a new record for the party. They’re already on track to make history: previously, the highest number of GOP women in a freshman class was nine.

Trump’s gains with Hispanic voters should prompt some progressive rethinking
But there should be some broader rethinking prompted by the breadth of Trump’s improvements with segments of the Latino population that one might anticipate would be more open to a conservative message

edit on 7-11-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

A complete disaster.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I don't think he really has a base. Leftists, and brainwashed democrats pretty much voted for him because he's "not trump". Not an intelligent choice. I thought college was supposed to make people smarter. Apparently not. Anyway hold on to your butts. It's going to be a bumpy ride.
edit on 7-11-2020 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Don't be like the media and count your chickens before they hatch.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Don't be like the media and count your chickens before they hatch.

I'm a centrists that has a low level animus for both the Republican and Democrat parties. Republican chickens are not mine; this is just an accounting of reality.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If he wins it looks something like this

and this

www.cnbc.com...

much more to add but your not gonna read it anyway lol

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Pretty good assessment really.

S&F for that!

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinktinktink
If he wins it looks something like this

and this

www.cnbc.com...

much more to add but your not gonna read it anyway lol

Read your link (I don't like watching videos); are you suggesting that the new President and Vic President are not going to be able to work together?

Why do you assume people won't read your links?

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

She all but called him out for all his racism in the past. Come febuary Biden is moving out mark my words. (if he ever gets in the white house that is).

Nobody wants a racist pedo as their running mate but whatever to get to the top but when your there you take action to get to the top. Final will either be the 25th amend or impeachment and prosecution.

I assume cause these leftist voted in Biden anyway. I can only hope they didnt know and were ignorant rather than knowing and voting anyway so I assume they ignore all data to keep them safe from knowing they voted for the wrong guy.

Similar to the wife of a child molestor ignores the evidence ect.
edit on 7-11-2020 by tinktinktink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I would like to draw the attention to one thing.

I've noticed on this board there's actually an interesting amount of people that voted for Trump, that would have voted for Bernie Sanders (which actually blows my mind and makes no sense).

Do you think it's at all possible in 2 years,.that without Donald Trump at the helm energizing the Republican party, and with it bringing out people who would normally not vote... Independents... And even anti-establisments voters..

That the Republican party Nationwide will suffer a severe dropoff of energy, support, and turnout?

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

She all but called him out for all his racism in the past. Come febuary Biden is moving out mark my words. (if he ever gets in the white house that is).

Nobody wants a racist pedo as their running mate but whatever to get to the top but when your there you take action to get to the top. Final will either be the 25th amend or impeachment and prosecution.

I guess thats a possibility;

If the Hunter Biden Laptop stuff has any legs; its possible for the new VP to push the issue. The more progressive house could bring up articles of impeachment (the Republicans won't stand in the way just for the amusement factor). I doubt the Senate will play ball though; better for the part to have the political threater of it all but not go all the way.

Again I guess its possible; but the Democrats won't shoot themselves in the foot like that; so highly unlikely.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Yes folks like me will never vote R or D again. If no attempt is made to make this process transparent. Why vote it doesnt matter if congress just appoints the president and rig the vote to make sure they get there. The only reason Trump was fought so hard was because it wasnt his turn in 2016 not was it his turn this time. Congress doesnt allow outsiders in it wrecks the money.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

I would like to draw the attention to one thing.

I've noticed on this board there's actually an interesting amount of people that voted for Trump, that would have voted for Bernie Sanders (which actually blows my mind and makes no sense).

Do you think it's at all possible in 2 years,.that without Donald Trump at the helm energizing the Republican party, and with it bringing out people who would normally not vote... Independents... And even anti-establisments voters..

That the Republican party Nationwide will suffer a severe dropoff of energy, support, and turnout?

I think your right; with out Trump on the field the energy level over elections will drop. But given the split over the presidential race that drop is likely to be uniform across the board. We won't see record turn out but the current devided will still exist.

I'd go further; based on the fact that Republicans did well outside the presidential race it might be that Trump was a detractor for the party. The never Trumpers for example will be more willing to support the party and get out the vote.

I think the 2022 elections will go back to normal turn out. The Republicans will get the bump that historically goes against the sitting president.

Also I think Republicans continue to gain ground at the local level with Trump out of the way. Theres a clear unhappiness for liberal extremists in my liberal part of the country.
edit on 7-11-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I can only speak for myself but; in 2016 I could have seen myself easily vote for Sanders or Trump. After the way Sanders rolled over in the 2016 primaries he lost a lot of appeal with me. But had he put up a fight I would still like him.

The reason I supported Trump and would have supported Sanders is because they where fresh faces with different ways of doing things as compared to the way the tried old political class has been doing things in this country for decades.

Their actual policy differences are almost irrelevant to me. I'm not afraid of a progressive agenda any more then I am a conservative agenda. They each have their advantages and their pitfalls to avoid.

However if Trump or Sanders could get the country out of the rut we had been in as a country... or at least give it a good try ... than I would support their efforts. I would hope the movement was for the better; but if it was not it couldn't have been any worse than where we had been.

That's one of the reasons I am unhappy with a Biden win. America just voted the old way back into power and are going to be extremely disappointed when they come to find nothing is going to change.

The conservatives on this sight fantasize that Harris is going to off Joe in some way ... I hope she does as a Harris Administration would be different.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
A "centrist" like me doesn't start a thread about "our new government"
There is a mountain of questions behind the legality that will be sorted out.

edit on 11 by Mandroid7 because: Added

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
A "centrist" like me doesn't start a thread about "our new government"
There is a mountain of questions behind the legality that will be sorted out.

Sure and when it is we will have a new Government run in part by Joe Biden.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

See that's what actually bothers me so much

If people actually cared about policy above all things.. Elizabeth Warren would have done SO much better. But people seem to value everything but actual policy it seems. They thrive on rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Nobody wants a racist pedo as their running mate but whatever to get to the top but when your there you take action to get to the top.

Similar to the wife of a child molestor ignores the evidence ect.

These could also apply to Trump supporters.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

See that's what actually bothers me so much

If people actually cared about policy above all things.. Elizabeth Warren would have done SO much better. But people seem to value everything but actual policy it seems. They thrive on rhetoric.

The problem with a Warren and even Sanders is they have a hard time connecting with people. If your going to run on policy you have to be able to explain it to the people in a way they can understand.

People in general are risk adverse and if you tell them your going to turn their lives on its head you either have to do it slowly or have one hell of a persuasive argument. Warren couldn't pull it off.

join