It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YAY Democracy!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: TearThePod

Because the Associated Press has claimed Biden's Victory doesn't make it so www.voanews.com...

Also, there are a lot of things still in play regarding certain states that were "called" late due to double-counting of Dem votes, glitches (apparently) in voting systems, and other intentional voter fraud which is being investigated.

Indeed, and they should all be investigated thoroughly. But people aren’t stupid. I’d love a spy novel ending here.

But I feel whatever unethical methods took place were legal, at least for the moment, such as Big Tech’s intervention.

I don’t like it, but that’s where it stands for me at the moment.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

I do not believe this is the end of America

It is wishful thinking.... America is officially done and dusted! Was good while it lasted.... but the experiment failed! Enjoy your new dictatorship!
That’s one way to look at it. But I suspect 70 million Americans won’t give up that easily.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

No kidding. I'm pretty dumb myself, and I wasn't talking about myself or underwerks. I just call it as I see it.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Well unless theres a full scale revolution, nothing will change!

I respect those 70mil that voted Trump.... but still, its dead!

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

America is officially done and dusted!

That assement is spot on.

The future of a country doesn't look to bright when a minority party steals an election to seize power.

It's only the precursor to some real draconian snip headed our way.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Wishing both sides well moving forward and hopefully there will be some healing between both sides over the next few months.

I think the fear of the far left taking over is literally that, fear. When in reality Biden will need to listen to the right’s concerns, if there is to be any start to the healing process.

But if history has taught us anything, a unified country is okay during war time, a divided country reaps more rewards for the more nefarious in society, at all other times.
edit on 7/11/20 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I agree with you. I did not like Trump. He is a narcissist that never talked about us or the country without placing himself first. And of course he had no faults, and never made any mistakes, because he was the greatest that ever lived.

I am not a Biden fan or supporter, but if he is sworn in as President, then he will be my President, whether I like it or not. The same way Trump was my President, even though so did not like him.

I think it is time we left the playground. We have problems in America that are being ignored, while we waste our time on arguing, calling names, and casting aspersions.

Allow the process to continue. Counting votes, investigations, and the political process. In the meantime, we should be working on what we can do to work on making a better future.

We know our government is corrupt, and has been for a long time. We keep voting the same crooks into office every year, because we are lazy, or we refuse to see the decay at the roots.

Stop identifying as Democrats and Republicans, when you are playing on the same team, it doesn't make any difference which jersey you are wearing.

We have a corrupt government, this will not be resolved until we elect new blood into the positions, and vote out every single person who has held office more than 8 years. A tool of the system can't clean up our government, only the people can. We have been deceived for long enough. We need to step up to the plate and make the tough choices. We don't need a showman or a popular President, we need a President that is committed to the needs of our country and the American people. Throw out the lobbyist, make the process more accessible to the people.

Vote to eliminate the status quo.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So when does this begin?

www.americanthinker.com...

"Trump must be defeated ... and his enablers, and his supporters ... must be prosecuted and convicted and removed from our society," ranted the always hot-blooded Keith Olbermann. The former MSNBC anchor traffics in caustic bombast, and this declaration was not very different from his usual huffy diatribes against Republicans.

But the notion of revenge is going mainstream. "The most humane and reasonable way to deal with all these [Trumpian] people ... is some kind of truth and reconciliation commission," tweeted MSNBC prime-time host Chris Hayes, a politic Martin compared to the Nelson-esque brashness of Olbermann. "When this nightmare is over, we need a [tr]uth and [r]econciliation [c]ommission," proposed former Labor Secretary Robert Reich. Elie Mystal of The Nation floated the same proposition.

Winning is not enough for the left. Leftists demand penalization for the opposition. In this respect, liberals appreciate the market's punishment mechanism: you choose the loser, and you accept the punishment.

edit on 11/7/20 by The2Billies because: format

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Idk man. Have you seen liberals and progressives on Twitter? They literally want to round people up and kill them. There's psychopaths on both sides, but damn. They're scary. Hopefully the sane people can heal the wounds between each other.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Rekrul

"It's pretty sad when stupid people outnumber actually intelligent people. No one will ever truly win."

Universal Balance works in strange ways.
And yes, it's an appalling ratio at that.

edit on 12Sat, 07 Nov 2020 12:58:37 -0600pmvAmerica/ChicagoSaturdayb202011America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: Phantom quote

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

They insist we all obey and automatically believe every Democrat and the MSM no matter what 😃

Names are being taken !!!! 😨

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It's only democracy if your side wins, right?

That's what is wrong with politics.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They totally put me on the list because I told her she needs to be hung for treason. I also called her a blasphemous dope fiend b word. Funny thing is that I didn't vote for trump unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
It's only democracy if your side wins, right?

That's what is wrong with politics.

I’m not sure why you’re saying that. Democracy has an element where we choose sides, yes.

But the fundamental foundation of democracy is that we agree to an equal representation of each member of our society, and we vote for leaders according to our individual AND collective principles.

Democracy is only somewhat about choosing sides. But our commonality is agreeing to respect it in the first place. Big difference.

Your comment is snarky and offered nothing substantive at all.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

It's not 'snarky' it is social commentary.

Or are you telling me that if Trump had won, all of the pro Trumpers would still be sounding off as much as they are now?

If you tell me that would actually be the case, you're a liar.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TearThePod

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

But... but... but... I thought there's very fine people on both sides?

An incredibly ignorant cherry-picked comment taking things out of context.

By you, that is.

Except that it was you blaming the entire left like the useful idiot you've decided to be. I'm just here to point out absurdities, quasi business as usual. And, judging by the way this conversation escalates, I'm likely going to mock you for calling the Dixiecrats 'Leftists' next.... just saying.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

It would be the dems if the stage was flipped.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

It's not 'snarky' it is social commentary.

Or are you telling me that if Trump had won, all of the pro Trumpers would still be sounding off as much as they are now?

If you tell me that would actually be the case, you're a liar.

Negative. But I do think it's worth pointing out the very likely scenario that would be unfolding had Trump been re-elected. There is an inherent danger in the mindset of the New Left. Trump isn't accepting defeat well, no doubt. But if the roles were reversed...

Let's just say the party of peace and acceptance has some work to do to live up to its name.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

We'll be too busy fighting new wars in the ME and dealing with open borders to worry about domestic policy.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TearThePod

But... but... but... I thought there's very fine people on both sides?

An incredibly ignorant cherry-picked comment taking things out of context.

By you, that is.

Except that it was you blaming the entire left like the useful idiot you've decided to be. I'm just here to point out absurdities, quasi business as usual. And, judging by the way this conversation escalates, I'm likely going to mock you for calling the Dixiecrats 'Leftists' next.... just saying.

I'm certainly not going to escalate this. Assuming you're American, you and I are on the same side of things to the extent that we both want prosperity within our borders.

Where I disagree with the modern Left, and many of Biden's supporters, is making personal identity the engine room for national policy is dangerous. It's clear that the Democratic Party relied on racial attacks to get them over the line this time.

Which I think is disingenuous, considering Biden and Harris's history on race. With that being said, I already stated I support him and just want success in this country. Which you chose to ignore.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join