It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Strange Effects From UFOs'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
One of the first reports to openly address occupant antics and catalogue UFO physiological effects, the NICAP paper 'Strange Effects From UFOs' by Gordon Lore is quite an entertaining one and has now been made available free online.

Lots of bizarre accounts of UFOs causing lightbeams, burns, radiation effects, eye irritation, EM effects, animal reaction etc. being described as well as freaky cases such as Cisco Grove, Hanbury and the 1968 Everglades incident.

There have been hundreds of reports of strange effects, both physical and psychological, from UFOs, ranging from the most bizarre to well-documented cases from well-trained, competent observers.

Yet, even some of the more bizarre, almost unbelievable reports are well documented and come from witnesses whose reputations for honesty and integrity are undisputed.

It is the purpose of this publication to detail a cross-section of these puzzling cases, excluding, of course, obvious hoaxes, psychological aberrations and wild reports obviously intended for publicity and or mercenary purposes.

Some of the more fantastic cases have been presented, even if we do consider them dubious, so readers will be able to survey all this type of evidence and thus be in a better position to judge similar future reports.

Links:

Full Report - Scrib Doc / PDF File

Gordon Lore is a bit of a legend within UFO research and has conducted some great work alongside folks such as Major Donald Keyhoe, Richard Hall, Dr. James McDonald, Dr. J. Allen Hynek, Dr Jacques Vallee etc.

Here he is in an interview discussing various aspects of the UFO subject including the archival research of Barry Greenwood, Dr James McDonald's first trip to NICAP (and his tragic death) and how CIA operative Stuart Nixon warned him not to release and publish 'Strange effects from UFOs'.

Gordon also co-authoured this paper which is freely available.

UFOs: A NEW LOOK

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a74b5e6a20cb.jpg[/atsimg]

"One of the most significant developments since 1964 has been the increasing concern over the UFO problem demonstrated by professional scientists and engineers.

Report / Bio

edit on 7-11-2020 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Karl, another great thread on your part.

One of the effects I found intriguing was what was believed to be the use of radiation at certain frequencies to induce fear in people and animals. I can't recall clearly, but I think it was a radio frequency of some kind.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Perhaps Terahertz radiation.

Purportedly some people have been injured by "modulated"
near field, THZ and other radiation. I won't stir the hornets
nest by saying the source for that.

Now.. a variant form of plasma might emit all over the spectrum
from low to high.. that's certainly possible.

Plasma doesn't have to be high temperature.. per se.. any soup
of particles with free electrons and positive ions is A plasma.

It's certainly possible that newer tech is using such things..

there's of course stuff in the Aviation forum no doubt, about
the use of plasma as a leading field & skin to allow aircraft
to perform better.

I'm not an expert on any of this.
edit on 7-11-2020 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Karl,

I'm curious what the earliest known case of radiation burns
is from a 'UFO' encounter and what is the latest?

I believe that is the most important question of all.

We need to determine whether such burns are due to
human experimentation, nuclear aircraft and the like,

or whether there is some other cause.

Would you concur?

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

You're Baaack!!!!
YEA!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Just for a bit.

I still don't fit with the scientists and I don't fit with the mystics.

I'm just a guy using whatever tools I have available, to try and
break through BS.

I'm far from certain I've had any positive effect at all.

But nice to talk to you, as always.

Kev

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: Caver78

I still don't fit with the scientists and I don't fit with the mystics.

That could be viewed as the healthiest and most interesting position to be in, Kev - a more neutral observer of both fields, although armed with extensive knowledge of both to cut through any obstinance to seek that ever-important Truth.

And yes, I also wonder when the first cases of radiation burns were reported.

Yet another great thread, Karl.
Have you more up your sleeve?

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Did "Fae" cause radiation burns as well?

I seem to remember something of that nature.. but
the reference eludes me.

Of course "Fae" and "black tech" both causing
radiation burns is not mutually exclusive.

In a similar manner, 'cold iron' and the 'Fae'
is just screaming for research.

Look at this snippet:

Iron is ferromagnetic (attracted to magnets), but only within a certain
temperature range and other specific conditions. Iron is magnetic in its
α form. The α form occurs below a special temperature called the Curie
point, which is 770 °C."

www.thoughtco.com...

So... it's known in "Fae" lore, that "Fae" do not like 'cold iron';
in other words, iron that is magnetic, as it has not been heated
and made non-magnetic. (Worked iron doesn't bother them
in the least.)

So 'Fae' don't like EM fields...

So could we perhaps infer that they are some sort of energy critter?

Or that their lifeform is 'fragile in our world of cruel entropy
(possibly QM in nature).

We could POSTULATE that.

So I'm not saying it's true.. but it's worth considering.. and if
you keep looking at the evidence, it's easy to come to some
interesting positions (subject to verification of course).

OR

it's just after the fact retro-positing, making correlations
where none actually exist.

Or a mix.

Any who..

I do concur, that not 'JUST" science, and not 'JUST' intuition
or mythology.. do not despise any potential data set.

Kev

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

If fiery balled shrouded foo fighters can control and extinguish their own fire on any landscape they they have landed on --- It would be suffice to surmise --- That they (ET's) might possibly have a way to control and extinguish any wildfire that rages across any countryside.

Here's hoping...

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Something I only came across and had never heard of before the other day when I was watching a UFO program on the TV, Ancient aliens I believe it may have been but it was talking about the Black Death and before that similar account's from the Justinian Plague also apparently exist of strange thing's being seen in the sky that were apparently creating mist around them, soon afterwards people in the areas were these thing's had been seen became ill with the plague.

Someone in 2010 probably saw an earlier airing of the same show because they did a thread on it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And here is some more relevant material.
www.thinkaboutitdocs.com...

godsineden.blogspot.com...

Anyway given the vein of your thread if this can be shown to be an Affect of at least some UFO's then it is interesting.

A bit different to the usual radiation type effects but quite interesting, could these UFO's seen spraying mist have been spreading the plague?, if so why?.

But before we start getting paranoid like some of those internet radio show's it is also worth remembering that UFO's have been seen fighting UFO's including an apparently clash between two large carriers and many smaller ships as recently as 1561 over the German city of Nuremburg.

So maybe if a 'faction' wanted to harm us perhaps even to take this world for there own they were then taken to task by another faction perhaps more advanced or at least more ethical than they and whom then prevented them from doing so?.

Just maybe it is an event that has happened many times and just maybe there is a group of advanced civilizations out there looking out for races that can not protect themselves from such aggression, likely such behaviour as stealing someone else world, trying to wipe out indigenous life etc is even some kind of crime in some form of galactic laws, protecting other species may even be seen as in there own interests by such more enlightened society's if they exist as preventing aggressive species from taking over already inhabited worlds would also prevent them from becoming a more serious threat in the long term even if in the short term it actually causes them to become a more immediate threat but one that was at a stage were it could be controlled.

edit on 7-11-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Assuming that a 'UFO' is one thing or another,
always solid or not solid, to me is a cognitive trap.

This link is just an FYI:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Absolutely true, lenticular cloud's have been mistaken for UFO's, more modern misidentification of objects has also led people to think they have seen something.

But then there are account's from ancient history that can not be so easily dismissed,. What does a Greek shield look like, a large hubcap or flying saucer or wok, in the siege of Tyre Alexander was apparently aided by flying shields that struck the city wall's with lightning creating a breach and allowing his men to enter the city, they were later stopped by Different flying shields from entering India when these shields dived at his men and elephant's preventing them from crossing a river.

But more odd account's occur, before WW1 a man on a horse with a fiery sword was seen in the sky over the Balkans with soldiers in armour marching behind him, A roman General training his men in Italy saw what he described as Soldiers and Chariots in battle formation in the sky.

Just perhaps some UFO's are natural, Some are Spirit and some are something other? but a lot of them are probably misidentified.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Assuming that a 'UFO' is one thing or another, always solid or not solid, to me is a cognitive trap.

I agree. Humans don't like to juggle two opposing theories for UFOs, preferring to simplify matters and pursue research from a singular POV - which is a hindrance for such a messy field.

A focus on 'UFOs' from Above rather than from below Sea Level (arguably a more mysterious medium than local Space itself) is perhaps another cognitive trap that slows down the search for answers. Karl and I have both become frustrated in the past that USOs do not get more extensive coverage.

Ta for the 'Magical Mist' link, too. Food for thought.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Karl,

I'm curious what the earliest known case of radiation burns
is from a 'UFO' encounter and what is the latest?

I believe that is the most important question of all.

We need to determine whether such burns are due to
human experimentation, nuclear aircraft and the like,

or whether there is some other cause.

Would you concur?

Earliest I’ve read of is the Cash-Landrum incident

.....” Cash claimed she was treated for cancer after being exposed to the "radioactive UFO".”....

Source Link: en.m.wikipedia.org...

Happened back in 1980

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I'm QUITE interested in USO's.

I mean, yes, there are all these stories about how the
'little people' come from under the Earth.. well that
could also include under the water really.

Also, from my perspective..

did you know that WATER is the primary method used
to block radiation in a military nuclear vessel?

Funny thing.. how if there were EM adverse critters
on Earth.. that they couldn't do much better than
to hale from deep underwater.

there are OTHER 'mythological referents as well.

For example 'critters' come out at night, when
shielded by the Earth's mass from the overly
powerful (to them) EM output of the Sun.

I think you and Karl might find a treasure trove
in mythology regarding USOs if you looked there.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

I'll have to dig up some earlier references.. i'm
certain they exist.

Cash-Landrum is the usual response.. along with the
modern (mythology?) of a crippled nuclear aircraft
being the source of the incident.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Well the base thing that I was referencing, is that physical
reality itself is not one thing or another. Light is both a
particle or a wave, depending on how you want to test
for it.

It's not that we are real, and the 'UFOs' aren't. It's that
none of anything is 'real' in a way we wish it to be..

Per Bell's Theorem, local realism is probably void. This
has been definitively tested in the lab:

live.iop-pp01.agh.sleek.net...#:~:text=These%20seemingly%20obvious%20assumptions %20are,speed%20of%20light%20(locality).

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I must admit that I got perverse pleasure from this part
of the link I shared:

"In the Lebor Gabála Érenn, one passage declares that the
Tuatha Dé Danann came "without ships"

Perhaps if we want to understand 'UFOs' the answer is
right here on Earth, and already well-documented.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

There are mysterious ancient doorways carved in rock all around this world by ancient cultures - or perhaps by unknown cultures.

Some of them have legend's attached to them such as they being doorways to other places that would be operated by the use of some kind of talisman or device.

Being a Celt myself at least partially through my ancestors I do find the tales of these mysterious folk very intriguing.

Some would see them as a garbled memory of the watchers who betrayed there place, others as fallen angels when one legend claimed that they were banished from heaven and had descended upon Ireland in a cloud, others as alien's for pretty much the same reasons and still others as pure myth and fantasy.

Myself I believe every legend has at least a grain of truth and given quantum theory, parallel reality's and other universes just maybe this had a bit more than a grain?.

Like the Story's of ancient India which hint not only at a lost civilization but many of them dating back into time there may be more to it than any of us actually know.

Perhaps our world being at what may have once been a crossroads along one of the spiral arms of our Galaxy it may once have hosted settlements by non human being's, it may have served as a waystation of sorts or even a trading hub.

And perhaps our own race of a race that came before us was once far more advanced than we can comprehend today.

In the course of the earth's history our civilization is not even a blink in the eye of time, a countless number of civilizations just like ours or even far more advanced could have come and gone and there still been enough time to erase all obvious sign's that they had ever existed here, one day if we life long enough as a race our descendants may stumble upon a probe like voyager also originating from his earth but a hello meant for other people across the stars spoken by other races that may have once lived right here on this earth, races that perhaps would be utterly alien to us or perhaps very much like us indeed so much so that we may think they were actually us and who knows just maybe?.

edit on 8-11-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Great stuff. I'm a huge fan of your articles.
I'm always intrigued by UFO/USO stories, especially the Amazonian stories. As a science major myself, I am quite puzzled by the stories of light bended at weird angles emanating from aerial vehicles; electromagnetic disturbances and effects on earthly vehicles and military complexes; "light" that seemingly penetrates solid objects and roofs, etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join