It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Censoring the President

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
AGAIN, THEY CENSORED THE PRESIDENT AGAIN! NO PRIVATE COMPANY, NO OFFICE, NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO CENSOR THE PRESIDENT EXCEPT CONGRESS!

THIS IS A BIG DEAL - THIS IS WAR, HE IS BRINGING EVIDENCE OF FRAUD AND THEY ARE CENSORING THE PRESIDENT!

I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR CALM DOWN, THEY THINK THEY HAVE THE POWER TO SILENCE THE PREISDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. DEFEND OUR NATION!
edit on Sat Nov 7 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: DON'T scream!!!! No ALL caps

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Can you point me to a law that says a private company cannot censor the president?

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
Can you point me to a law that says a private company cannot censor the president?

People like you are the reason people like the OP hate the left.

It's not the point of being a private company. Its the suppression of information.

It's not just the president, its regular people too.

But let Jack dig his own grave.
edit on 7-11-2020 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

edit on 7-11-2020 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: av8r007
AGAIN, THEY CENSORED THE PRESIDENT AGAIN! NO PRIVATE COMPANY, NO OFFICE, NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO CENSOR THE PRESIDENT EXCEPT CONGRESS!

SOMEONE NEEDS TO READ THE CONSTITUTION.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Censored tweet:

Tens of thousands of votes were illegally received after 8 P.M. on Tuesday, Election Day, totally and easily changing the results in Pennsylvania and certain other razor thin states. As a separate matter, hundreds of thousands of Votes were illegally not allowed to be OBSERVED...

....This would ALSO change the Election result in numerous States, including Pennsylvania, which everyone thought was easily won on Election Night, only to see a massive lead disappear, without anyone being allowed to OBSERVE, for long intervals of time, what the happened...

....Bad things took place during those hours where LEGAL TRANSPARENCY was viciously & crudely not allowed. Tractors blocked doors & windows were covered with thick cardboard so that observers could not see into the count rooms. BAD THINGS HAPPENED INSIDE. BIG CHANGES TOOK PLACE!

SECTION 230, this is editorial and that's illegal under the protections they enjoy! Not to mention the implications of a private corporation controlling the flow of speech between the electorate and the President of the United States. THIS CANNOT STAND! National Security issue. Coup attempt and we are not going into the night, to hell with anyone okay with this, you're not American. One Nation under God with liberty and justice for ALL!
edit on 7-11-2020 by av8r007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer

Did you hear about something called freedom of speech??

Can you tell me the real reason they did it?

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
OMG CAPITAL LETTERS

Twitter (dont use it myself, its full of twits) have stated they have given Trump a lot of leeway with his past tweets due to his position as POTUS perhaps now he is being treated just like the rest of the morons who use twitter to shout at the sky, and having what breaks their T+Cs removed

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

SOMEONE NEEDS TO READ THE CONSTITUTION.

IS THERE AN ALL CAPS VERSION?

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
IS THERE AN ALL CAPS VERSION?

NO! THE FOUNDERS KNEW HOW TO USE LOWER CASE.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I hate your opinion so it should be removed from the platform comrade.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

DEEZ NUTZ~!

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Just goes to show who really owns twitter and it ain't America.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: av8r007

Twitter is a leftist organization.

Of course they'll censor the president.

*shrugs*

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: av8r007

I have to say, the irony of you whining about how you think the Constitution works and being wrong while having the Constitution as your avatar is sweetly delicious.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
As a foreigner even I can see that isn't in the spirit of your free speech laws, whether illegal or not. Neither is it to have regular Joe's deplatformed, shaddowbanned or de-monetised by private companies that have been allowed to control a massive monopoly on the communications platforms available to us.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Twitter is not an individual practicing its 1st amendment rights, its a large publicly traded company that uses a law called Section 230 in order to enable its business to thrive and enjoy the benefits of the United States. It has no right to prevent the President from reaching an audience, rules and policies are only enforceable to an extent, when you're talking about POTUS especially it's a national security issue that a private corporation comprised of individuals who are not elected by the vote of the People are deciding what they are consuming.

That's editorializing and violates Section 230 protections, you cannot be both a platform and editor. One or the other in the eyes of the law.

The Constitution applies to the individual and enumerates the powers the government is limited to, certainly Trump is an individual as well as the President. He has a right to speak and bring evidence of fraud to the people, if you see otherwise you are an accessory to the coup and a traitor.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Twitter is not an individual practicing its 1st amendment rights, its a large publicly traded company...

...that has no obligation to grant anyone First Amendment rights.

Your dopey argument is like saying The New York Post, which is right-leaning, needs to publish an op-ed by Barack Obama when he wants just because he's President.

You fail civics.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Twitter is not a news organization so it can't use Section 230 and also publish or edit the news. I guess you can't seem to understand that it's against the law. Twitter is not a newspaper, journalism, or anything of that nature.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Honestly, who cares?

President Trump and the Republican party have all been getting censored by big tech and in return they have done nothing.

1 or 2 hearings and a whole lot of bloviating but no action. Best thing they could have done is move the bulk of their operations to Parler or other platforms that support individual liberty.

President Trump could have single-handedly ended the existence of Twitter by simply not being there. A lot of these tech companies are going to be in for it when the propaganda dollars run out and the user base dries up. Trump justified the existence of Twitter, not the other way around.
edit on 11 7 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join