It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An update on what's been happening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hello all,
Just an update on what's been happening so far. My job has been going well and we're really busy at E-Cycle Limited in Auckland,New Zealand because the owner's clients have been sending us shipment after shipment of e-waste to dismantle because they want it done before we close down for the Christmas break and the shipments have been backing up because we can't dismantle stuff fast enough.

Outside of work I've been busy clearing and maintaining the vacant section next to where I live with my family because The Crown who owns it has never mowed it or done anything with and I purchased a Rover Raider 439/38 Ride On Mower from Stihl and a Stihl HS 45 Hedge Trimmer to make the job easier and next Autumn I'm planning on planting either some Australian eucalyptus or She-oak in one area I've nearly cleared for firewood as we have a wood-fueled fireplace for heating the kitchen/dining area and lounge and my next big purchase will be a Hyundai 7HP Wood Chipper that I can tow with my Ride On to convert all the branches and cut gorse into useable mulch to put around the firewood trees.

Here's the link to the Hyundai Chipper:www.tradetested.co.nz...

Opinions wanted

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Conspiracyskeptic
Give us some idea of the size of this place. OK?

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Sweet..I just picked the new John deere 930m on full tweels. The thing is insane.
I recommend ordering a set of gator blades for your setup.
It mulches everything up. No grass clipping or leaf pickup needed.
Huge time saver. It's good for rough mowing.
The hedge trimmer is quality, but you will find the chipper way under powered.
It will really only handle small brush. Not a fan.
Chippers really require big hp. My bro had a Morebark diesel that was an animal, it would eat 24" trees whole, but you're talking 30-50k usd used.
Even on the small ones be careful of snagged sleeves, watches, rings, etc... even branches grabbing your wrist.
They will suck you into it rather quickly.
I'd skip investing in the mini chipper and burn brush or trees.
Around here you can rent chippers as well, so you aren't purchasing equipment that gets used once and takes up the shop.

edit on 11 by Mandroid7 because: Added

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

The vacant section is bigger than the section the family house where I live with my family is on by half and that's a quarter acre and it's mowed paddock surrounded by trees and light bush and the neighbors' fence on once side butted up against the motorway that runs from Constellation Drive past Hobsonville and Westgate into the central city.

posted on Nov, 14 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7
I looked at the John Deere E100 then I read some horror stories of oil leaks after eight hours and transmission problems and I didn't like the proprietary oil change system that would cost NZ $40 a pop unlike the Rover I can purchase the oil and filter plus the sparkplug for under $40 at my local auto parts store. As for the chipper I've seen videos on YouTube of 6.5 HP chippers handling reasonable sized branches pretty well and burning isn't an option because I don't want to annoy the neighbour's with smoke and risk it getting out of control.

top topics

join