It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early voting and mail in voting proving to create issues and not solve any?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
At first they said it's unsafe to vote traditionally in person.

Then you see early voters in long lines.

On Tues I heard many people voting normally, had no lines to wait in.

If early voting and mail in or absentee were to streamline, why are they what is holding up the counting?

Our only power is a vote and I'm feeling like it has been taken from the american people.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mailman
At first they said it's unsafe to vote traditionally in person.

Then you see early voters in long lines.

On Tues I heard many people voting normally, had no lines to wait in.

If early voting and mail in or absentee were to streamline, why are they what is holding up the counting?

Our only power is a vote and I'm feeling like it has been taken from the american people.

It was a cover for the vote harvesting... nothing more. We've been saying for months that this was the game plan and why Democrats were pushing
for it so much and trying to get local laws changed. It is playing out exactly how it was predicted.

Step 1: Use COVID as an excuse to shut everything down. Damage economy and keep people home.

Step 2: Now you have a convenient excuse to push for absentee and mail in ballots en masse more than system was designed for.

Step 3: Harvest ballots. Get allies in MSM to start running stories about Democrats using mail in ballots more and that results could be delayed (these stories were running 3-4 months ago) to set expectations that even if Trump wins on ED, there may be other ballots that need to be counted thus delaying winner announcement.

and here we are today...

edit on 5-11-2020 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2020 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I feel the only way to have a transparent and fair election is to do it in the course of a single day with minimal absentee/mail in voting.

There are too many ways to "stuff the ballot box" with mail in voting.

I'd love to see voter ID as well, but there are too many entrenched interests opposed to that to make it practical in the foreseeable future.

And to those who say that voter ID is useless, I have a personal story that suggests otherwise.

In a previous election, my wife reported to the voting place to cast her vote. After giving the attendant her street address and name, she was informed that she had already voted. In reality, she had not. Someone had either used her name and address to get a ballot, or the attendant mismarked someone else's request for a ballot as my wife's request. Either way, a voter ID might have alleviated that issue, especially if it were a scannable ID, either with prox chip, bar code or mag stripe. My wife was given a provisional ballot and allowed to vote, but those ballots are not usually counted.
edit on 5-11-2020 by BomSquad because: spelling

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad
I feel the only way to have a transparent and fair election is to do it in the course of a single day with minimal absentee/mail in voting.

There are too many ways to "stuff the ballot box" with mail in voting.

I'd love to see voter ID as well, but there are too many entrenched interests opposed to that to make it practical in the foreseeable future.

And to those who say that voter ID is useless, I have a personal story that suggests otherwise.

In a previous election, my wife reported to the voting place to cast her vote. After giving the attendant her street address and name, she was informed that she had already voted. In reality, she had not. Someone had either used her name and address to get a ballot, or the attendant mismarked someone else's request for a ballot as my wife's request. Either way, a voter ID might have alleviated that issue, especially if it were a scannable ID, either with prox chip, bar code or mag stripe. My wife was given a provisional ballot and allowed to vote, but those ballots are not usually counted.

It's been well known that absentee / mail in ballots are where most of the fraud occurs which is why it isn't normally pushed.

There is no good reason for the voting process to be so screwed up other than fraud.

I think voting should be a national holiday. ID required. Must vote in person unless soldier on active duty.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Mailman

What a surprise, huh? /sarcasm

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Here in Australia we have to show ID when we vote, still use paper ballots as well.

The main lobby group pushing against voter id looks to be the main ones exploiting this flaw.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The side that thrives on cheating and fraud pushed this agenda. More chaos = more opportunities to cheat, for which there are hundreds of cases of so far. And it's only be a couple days! I can't imagine how much fraud is going to be discovered in the coming months/years. Heck, they were just now finally getting to charging individuals who were found to have cheated in the 2016 election!!

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Ever wonder if they cheated this bad in 2016 and the fact they still lost could be another reason for the 4 years of Russia and BLM?

Just how long has our voting system been corrupted to the core?

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad

130 million people voted this year. So far.

And the voting day would have to be a holiday.

I'm with you open up much more voting stations and then more people can vote on the day. Otherwise with 130 million people would still be standing in line. There were counties with 4million people and only one spot to vote at. You really think that can be done in just one day? People have jobs.
And the voting day would have to be a holiday.
edit on 5-11-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mailman

If people prove to be unwilling-to-kill to protect their rights ... they're gonna take 'em sooner or later.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The rate of voting fraud overall in the US is less than 0.0009%, according to a 2017 study by the Brennan Center for Justice.

If Trump won the early vote you guys would be silent.
Trump lost, get over it.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

The motive is just to debase the office. If you're a democrat, you're just going down next is the direction of the people.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Biden can raise the dead!

William Bradley just voted in Michigan.
Even though he died in 1984.

So at 4am a group of Hertz rental cars dropped off 400,000 ballots in Michigan and Wisconsin? All for Biden and just enough to get Biden past Trump in those states? Each ballot can be traced to its count time and can be gone through one at a time. They all voted for Biden. Do not be surprised if the majority of those voters are not even alive.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek
The rate of voting fraud overall in the US is less than 0.0009%, according to a 2017 study by the Brennan Center for Justice.

If Trump won the early vote you guys would be silent.
Trump lost, get over it.

I know math and logical thought is difficult for you, but I am going to try to help you out.

The margin of victory in some of these swing states is about 20,000 votes. You don't need to commit fraud at a national level. You just need to do it enough to swing one state by a few thousand votes.

20,000 votes out of 100,000,000 votes is .0002%.

Pull your head out of your rear end....

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It's been well known that absentee / mail in ballots are where most of the fraud occurs which is why it isn't normally pushed.

There is no good reason for the voting process to be so screwed up other than fraud.

I think voting should be a national holiday. ID required. Must vote in person unless soldier on active duty.

Here MSM is saying it is practically impossible for fraud to happen in mail in votes. They are trying to convince people voter fraud is rare.
edit on 5/11/2020 by Mystery_Lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mystery_Lady

Here MSM is saying it is practically impossible for fraud to happen in mail in votes. They are trying to convince people voter fraud is rare.

It seems rare relative to the total number of ballots cast. However, that is simplistic thinking.

For the Presidential election, it could literally be decided by a few thousand votes because it is about winning particular states. All you have to do is put your thumb on the scale for a particular state.

Also, some of the fraud isn't as obvious. They will hire people to go out and pay people for votes. Go to nursing homes, offer say $100 to vote for someone.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Early voting nor Mail in voting are the issue here.

The issue is that State Democrats took every opportunity they could to upset the normal process of voting only weeks before the election was to take place.

In any other time and place the Democrats would be screaming about changes made to the electoral process that close to an election as the confusion could be a means at voter suppression.

But this time they had nothing to lose by sowing chaos into the system so they used it as a political tool.

1) If Joe Biden won big than the irregularities and confusions wouldn't mater.

2) If Trump won big the irregularities and confusions would be used to delegitimize Trump's second term.

3) if the election turned out to be a close Biden loss than the irregularities and confusions would give them one last hail mary chance to contest the results. Given the establishments hold on the process they may have succeeded.

4) if the election turned out to be a close Trump loss (where we find ourselves now) would be where they ran the most risk on their strategy; but it would be Trump making hail mary chances not them. This is why the news media has made a big deal the last few weeks out of Trump's plans to contest. To make his chances of succeeding decrease... do you really think the SC is going to rule in a dictators favor?

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

The issue is that State Democrats took every opportunity they could to upset the normal process of voting only weeks before the election was to take place.

In any other time and place the Democrats would be screaming about changes made to the electoral process that close to an election as the confusion could be a means at voter suppression.

But this time they had nothing to lose by sowing chaos into the system so they used it as a political tool.

2) If Trump won big the irregularities and confusions would be used to delegitimize Trump's second term.

3) if the election turned out to be a close Biden loss than the irregularities and confusions would give them one last hail mary chance to contest the results. Given the establishments hold on the process they may have succeeded.

4) if the election turned out to be a close Trump loss (where we find ourselves now) would be where they ran the most risk on their strategy; but it would be Trump making hail mary chances not them. This is why the news media has made a big deal the last few weeks out of Trump's plans to contest. To make his chances of succeeding decrease... do you really think the SC is going to rule in a dictators favor?

I just don't get how people can't see this... I mean it is clear as day. People on here and others have been pointing this out for MONTHS that this was how things would play out.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: DanDanDat

I just don't get how people can't see this... I mean it is clear as day. People on here and others have been pointing this out for MONTHS that this was how things would play out.

And ... nobody's gathering people into an Army to do a damned thing about it either. Last thing I'm gonna do is go outside and start screaming at the sky like a Dem would.

They stole it. Burn Loot Murder folks did bad things and nobody raised a finger to stop it.

This is why it happened. Nobody does a damned thing about it. Even (and especially) President Trump.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

listen, America is the greatest country on earth, but hear me out, Australia is the greatest democracy.

so to be blunt; no one gives a damn about how you Australians do anything, because all you have to worry about is Ozzys and have moved on to greater issues than 18th century racism.
edit on 5-11-2020 by TwoBlades because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join