It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Paul Stonehill??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I strongly suspect that the man calling himself "Paul Stonehill" is not who he claims to be.

His "Russian" accent slips frequently, his sentence construction is far too "English" and his Youtube presentations are far too geared to attract the lower common denominator, with entraining, thumping muzak intros. I don't mean to offend anyone's taste, but for some reason my skin crawls & I recoil in disgust when I hear his voice.

Does anyone have any insight on who this individual is? And what his true nationality may be? He certainly is not "Russian", & why would a Russian have an English name?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-11-2020 by DrumsRfun because: caps

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Good question.
I am at work, so I was only able to do a quick run through DuckDuckGo.
All I was able to find that gives any personal info is a bio page on Coast To Coast AM.
Basically all they say is that he's from Kiev, Ukraine and traveled in Soviet Russia.
Paul could be a translation of "Pavel". Stonehill may also be a translation of his name in Russian/Ukranian.
Aside from that, there's really nothing but lists of his publications.

Paul Stonehill, Coast To Coast AM

a reply to: kiro8lak

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I am Paul Stonehill. I am a former Soviet refugee. My first name was anglicized upon entry to the United States. When I became a U.S. citizen n the 1980s, I changed my last name. Russian is my native language. My Ukrainian is still pretty good. You can write to me in Russian, using slang as well, I stay abreast of linguistic developments in my former motherland (USSR).
My voice is God-given, and the contents of my videos is my research, If you do not like either, please do not listen. I do not recall having music playing in any of my videos, that is not my style. I have been speaking English for decades, so I am glad native-speakers suspect my sentence construction to be too English. And yes, I am not "Russian", I am a former Soviet citizen from Ukraine, but my ethnicity is not Slavic. My culture includes both Russian and Ukrainian elements. In the Soviet Union "nationality" referred to one's ethnic background, and it hurt people like me, who were of the "wrong" ethnicity. That's OK, it gave us the impetus to leave the USSR, too,
I assume I answered your questions.

new topics

join