It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your home is no longer your castle.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

edit on 4112020 by Wide-Eyes because: This isn't the mudpit.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It cant be. Boris Johnson is a conservative

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The very idea that it's being floated at all should be alarming.

Thought Police, indeed.

Mixing my literary, or is it how-to, references, can anyone spare a cup of Soma??

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
"Hate crime" is not meant for things like the n word, fella. Eventually, it will be speaking out against the Govt. More importantly, your question of how they are going to enforce it is exactly the correct one. That is what the lawmakers will be thinking.
Once you have a law on the books, enforcement becomes the next step.

How do you think they will do it - eventually?

I think it's pretty obvious - we'll be forced to have listening devices inside our homes.
I am sure that force will come with some nice flowery language about how it's for our own good, of course - or some fine / incentive.
edit on 4/11/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
sounds like there could end up being paid informants to rat out "wrong think".

Recall the Soviet era, where people wouldn't even discuss their disdain for The Party in their own homes, for fear that a family member might report them. Its not exaggeration. I worked with a lady (whom i actually cannot stand personally) that had stories of growing up in Soviet era Russia. She still owns a small flat in Moscow, and her son inherited a nice country cabin about 3 hours outside Moscow. But her stories are pretty sad to hear. Not as sad as what Russia was in the 90's after the Soviets fell, but still sad nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I read a book years ago about life in the gulags, one bloke worked in a village post office and, for a laugh, when he put a call through to his mate, he said I have comrade Stalin on the phone for you.

10 years hard labour.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

We might need to revolt against our Norman overlords

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
If Soma can'r be found, would you know where to get hold of some Somec? (Another literary reference. Orson Scott Card)

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I'd forgotten that one!!!

Seriously though, just an additional step towards a society that is watched, and listened to, for any sign of "trouble". Be that "trouble" no more than an idle conversation around the dinner table.

Wrong-think is to, in the eyes of those in power, be feared. Anything feared needs quashing.

Thought Police. Surveillance. ...and last, but hardly least, informers. Remember "see something, say something"? Obviously, this applies everywhere, not just Britain.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
And her name is....Alexa.

I readd ita just Scotland so bam...hopefully they vote and get, independance.

Say, next time someone call me a damned Yank...Ima gonna call the fuzz and see what happens. Thats offensive after all, cuz i am a Reb.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What is hate speech, when the line between love an hate is too fine to make sense off, especially believing a thing called love.

I do remember hearing during the Christian Inquisitions, that some Inquisitiors ended up getting tortured in their old workspaces. Kind of like the guy who made that bull statue and would boil people alive. I think he was the first to see if it worked.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
linky

Ok, so don't panic America. This really just refers to the UK.

The law commission has done a report, like they do semi regularly.

This time there is, hidden deep in the document, a proposal to prosecute people for using "hate speech" in their own homes.

Now, I'm not one for sitting around blurting out the n word like some bling covered rapper, but why?

Seriously, who gets hurt or offended by not hearing something someone else says in their own home?

How you gonna prove it?

Are cops going to be listening in to Alexa now?

What possible benefit could possibly outweigh the loss of liberty here?

I can't think of anything.

Actually, the 'Equal Rights' seminar which I attended to today with my son, taught me that your statement 'Now, I'm not one for sitting around blurting out the n word like some bling covered rapper, but why? ' is uneducated, outdated and highly offensive as it insinuates that all rappers use the N word. I think you'll find that some of the greatest rappers (Vanilla Ice, John Barnes) have never used this word.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Show & Tell will take on new significance. Even adults will believe they are doing the right thing, their civic duty.

posted on Nov, 5 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DougHole64

I never said they all did.

But anyone referencing Digger Barnes is alright by me

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Home is anything you want it to be, because it is a concept. It's not something concretical. Home is an idea that you can spread and fit anywhere you want, it only exists inside of you as far as others are concerned.

House, building, apartment, castle - these are real, tangible things everyone can touch, visit, be surrounded by, etc. A castle can be a home just as easily as the other way around.

Therefore, your claim is wrong.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoujikina
a reply to: SprocketUK

Home is anything you want it to be, because it is a concept. It's not something concretical. Home is an idea that you can spread and fit anywhere you want, it only exists inside of you as far as others are concerned.

House, building, apartment, castle - these are real, tangible things everyone can touch, visit, be surrounded by, etc. A castle can be a home just as easily as the other way around.

Therefore, your claim is wrong.

He swings......and misses.

Nice one, there ought to be a prize for missing the point THAT much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join