It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mysterious Seismic ‘Blip’ From Deep Inside Earth Pulsates Every 26 Seconds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge
Hmmm I bet Atlantis is there... Their secret source of energy still pulsating today.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   

26 is the gematric number, being the sum of the Hebrew characters (Hebrew: יהוה‎) being the name of the god of Israel – YHWH (Yehowah). GOD=26=G7+O15+D4 in Simple6,74 English7,74 Gematria8,74 ('The Key': A=1, B2, C3, ..., Z26). The Greek Strongs number G26 is "Agape", which means "Love".

wiki

The number 60 is a number of family, home, and nurturing. The numerology number 60 is a number of family, home, and nurturing. It's also a number of harmony and idealism, the ideal generally related to a harmonious family relationship.

So yeah, The Great Mothers beating heart.
edit on 6-11-2020 by OutTheBox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Yeh definitely something buried down there

and its feeding of the storms

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothar
I would venture a guess to say that the earth's core is not a perfect geometric sphere, but has blemishes, maybe one of which creates a seismic event, similar to a billiard ball with a chip on it which can alter the trajectory slightly.

This makes a lot of sense, and was something I thought about.

It's also possible that there are pockets of different elements in the core sphere (either heavier or lighter than nickel & iron) that result in a regions of different density. Imagine spinning a jar of water with an object like a pebble or marble in it. The centrifugal force on the higher density objects makes them move outward and they will 'clang' off the walls of the jar.

Could be a magnetic component to this too if the pulse is stronger during storms (I guess I didn't fully understand that bit, /WHERE/ where the storms occurring during the measurements?? There are storms all over the Earth's surface at any given moment, not just at the location where the blips were measured).

My money is on it related to some non uniform geometric or composition properties of Earth's core.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

News A Mysterious Seismic ‘Blip’ From Deep Inside Earth Pulsates Every 26 Seconds Every 26 seconds for the last 60 years seismologists have detected a ubiquitous pulse emanating from deep inside the Earth.

I don't know if it was written this way on purpose, but I can see by the responses that it is misleading people into thinking this signal has been pulsating for at least 60 years at a constant 26 seconds, while it actually says it was detected for the last 60 years, which actually is also not true.

Actually nothing is true in this sentence

1. It's not mysterious, microseism is a well known occurrence around the world.

2. It's not deep inside earth.

3. It's not 26 seconds, but "around 27 seconds", or "peaks near 26 seconds", its way more complicated and way less sensational than just saying "every 26 seconds".

4. Long-term means it peaks near 26 seconds frequency instead of for example 7 second frequency, which also occurs in different places around the world. It doesn't mean it happens constantly for many years. Those microseisms last between 8 hours and a couple of days and happen randomly. They were not "detected for the last 60 years", they were "recorded a few times during the last 60 years period".

5. The location is also not 0, 0. They narrowed the signal down to a large area around 0, 0.

6. The part about it "being stronger during storms" is not "deepening the mystery", but actually makes it fit more into the common explanation of it being ocean wave related.

7. "But storms don't turn on and off after 26 seconds." - this doesn't make sense. That's not how it works. It just changes frequency during storms, and has 28 second intervals instead.

8. No one in the seismologist community questions if it's natural or not. They just argue about it being result of oceanic vs volcanic activity.

Actual papers:

agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

epsc.wustl.edu
edit on 6-11-2020 by iknowyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: iknowyou

Yeah it's the way it's reported, and the numbers used by the media that people need to investigate more imo

I like 27 because that's 3x3x3

26 is a number that relates to Saturn like 17 and 8.

In that there numbers all reduce to 8 which is also the symbol of infinity.

Numerology is used within the media

Watch the numbers

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothar
I would venture a guess to say that the earth's core is not a perfect geometric sphere, but has blemishes, maybe one of which creates a seismic event, similar to a billiard ball with a chip on it which can alter the trajectory slightly.

An interesting point, artfer all the moon doesn't have a perfect orbit, it has perigee and apogee, perhaps that could be the case with the earth's core or mantle. we don't yet but i'm still hoping it's the dark lord calling to me.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: iknowyou
  • "But storms don't turn on and off after 26 seconds." - this doesn't make sense. That's not how it works. It just changes frequency during storms, and has 28 second intervals instead.
  • Of course that doesn't make sense, I knew as soon as I read that that the author was either someone who had almost no understanding of the subject material or was just writing any BS that came to mind, though it could be both.

Thanks for clarifying with some links to the actual science.

This sort of reminds me of an old ATS thread titled something like "Scientists measure light going faster than the speed of light" and ATS members went on for 9 pages as if they believed the stupid headline before someone like you came along to point out the real science doesn't say what the misleading article and headline say. Of course light didn't go faster than light, it was about one of the well known exceptions in the "faster than light" wikipedia article which mentions that phase velocity and group velocity can travel faster than light.

originally posted by: OutTheBox
    a reply to: iknowyou

Yeah it's the way it's reported, and the numbers used by the media that people need to investigate more imo

I like 27 because that's 3x3x3

26 is a number that relates to Saturn like 17 and 8.

In that there numbers all reduce to 8 which is also the symbol of infinity.

Numerology is used within the media

Watch the numbers
    Carl Sagan said it's good to keep an open mind, but not so open the brain falls out. My brain would have to fall completely out and by lying on the floor to think that post makes any sense.

The narrow bandwidth around 26 seconds in the subject of this thread is quite remarkable and indicates a specific underlying cause must exist, but unless you can demonstrate a relationship between that and anything else dealing with the number 26, you're just talking superstitious nonsense. We've been in the space age for half a century now, isn't it time to drop the ancient superstitions in favor of things which can be scientifically documented? Numerology is as bad as astrology, in fact they are sometimes used together.

numerology

Numerology is the study of the occult meanings of numbers and their influence on human life. Since there are no occult meanings to numbers and since numbers by themselves can have no significant influence on anyone's life, numerology is nothing but superstition masquerading as science or art.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 11:03 AM
    link   
    a reply to: Arbitrageur

Ha Nice source skepDic
    Here's a wiki one

Pythagoras and other philosophers of the time believed that because mathematical concepts were more "practical" (easier to regulate and classify) than physical ones, they had greater actuality. St. Augustine of Hippo (AD 354–430), wrote: "Numbers are the Universal language offered by the deity to humans as confirmation of the truth."[dubious – discuss] Similar to Pythagoras, he too believed that everything had numerical relationships and it was up to the mind to seek and investigate the secrets of these relationships or have them revealed by divine grace. See Numerology and the Church Fathers for early Christian beliefs on the subject.

If you really want to see how the mould breakers occupy certain numerical "coincidences.
    Check people you would termed to have been at the heart of change. In music you could look at elvis, Bowie or Eminem, scientists like hawking.
    3,6,9. And master numbers are also noticeable in thise that have changed history, Washington etc

If you dived down that rabbit hole you would see the patterns. But doing that would mean losing so much.

edit on 6-11-2020 by OutTheBox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 02:55 PM
    link   

If you dived down that rabbit hole you would see the patterns. But doing that would mean losing so much.
    I already made it to the bottom of the rabbit hole, where if you convert all numbers to binary, you see this:

3=>11
    6=>110
    9=>1001
    26=>11010
    any other number => some combination of zeroes and ones

So when you see everything boils down to ones and zeroes in binary, you see all numbers are related, and 3, 6 and 9 don't even exist in binary, they are instead 11, 110, and 1001.

It's a bit arbitrary that we use base 10 anyway, some peoples isolated from base 10 development created base 8 numbering systems (counting the spaces between digits instead of the fingers), and in base 8, the number 9 doesn't exist or is written differently. Having worked with different base numbering systems I may have seen more patterns than you have. I never said there weren't patterns, I said what you wrote sounds like nonsense, for example

"26 is a number that relates to Saturn like 17 and 8. "

How, and what does that have to do with the topic of this thread? I don't think the 26 second interval has anything to do with Saturn, but if you think you can show it does, that should be entertaining.

posted on Nov, 6 2020 @ 04:59 PM
    link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

I already made it to the bottom of the rabbit hole, where if you convert all numbers to binary, you see this:

3=>11
    6=>110
    9=>1001
    26=>11010
    any other number => some combination of zeroes and ones

So when you see everything boils down to ones and zeroes in binary, you see all numbers are related, and 3, 6 and 9 don't even exist in binary, they are instead 11, 110, and 1001.

It's a bit arbitrary that we use base 10 anyway, some peoples isolated from base 10 development created base 8 numbering systems (counting the spaces between digits instead of the fingers), and in base 8, the number 9 doesn't exist or is written differently. Having worked with different base numbering systems I may have seen more patterns than you have. I never said there weren't patterns, I said what you wrote sounds like nonsense, for example

How, and what does that have to do with the topic of this thread? I don't think the 26 second interval has anything to do with Saturn, but if you think you can show it does, that should be entertaining.

Well, not /entirely/ arbitrary, considering humans just so happen to have 10 fingers (very convenient for counting).
    , making base 10 a very intuitive number system

Base 8 (a.k.a. octal) is actually of a throwback to earlier days when the digital representation of printable alphabet characters could be squashed into an 8-bit representation of typable symbols (ASCII encoding) but as time went on, and non-English speaking people became more prevalent in the world of computers, we had to expand octal to hexadecimal to incorporate printable symbols from many different languages (i.e. code points), and Unicode was born. (I actually work with the fellow that first suggested using the 8th bit of an ASCII character as an on/off switch to extend ASCII encoding into a backwards-compatible form of UTF-16 encoding).

All that being said, I agree, there is entirely too much "numerology" and "magic numbers" attributed to natural phenomenon, and this forum is saturated with astrology/numerology folks that have a tendency to ascribe mystical importance to numbers and patterns, in the vein of Renaissance alchemists, without regard to any scientific consideration to what they write.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 12:00 AM
    link   
    a reply to: Alien Abduct
    Dutchsinse has been talking about waves causing seismic activity for quite awhile now. The way he explains the different types of waves and how they act makes as much sense as any other hypotheses out there. Now, he is seeing some correlation between high tension power lines or power plants and seismic activity. His current hypothesis seems to go along the lines of Very Low Frequency waves.

I am not nearly as knowledgeable as himself or many others but if you haven't already seen his videos, here's a link to his YT
    m.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 03:51 AM
    link   

Yeah I wrote instinctively and rushed, I don't take care with my grammar and when I read it back I can see how other see nonesense, that's fine.
    8 could write a op highlighting all the people that seem to be entwined in the pattern, but 8m not interested in spending my time explaining things out only to be met with abuse. It's slightly annoying when that happens.
    Big dates regarding numerology coming
    Are 11.11.22
    22.11.22 for obvious reasons.

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 06:48 AM
    link   

Yeah I wrote instinctively and rushed, I don't take care with my grammar and when I read it back I can see how other see nonesense, that's fine.
    8 could write a op highlighting all the people that seem to be entwined in the pattern, but 8m not interested in spending my time explaining things out only to be met with abuse. It's slightly annoying when that happens.
    Big dates regarding numerology coming
    Are 11.11.22
    22.11.22 for obvious reasons.

When people use bad grammar to attack you!
    they show They are weak and can not find a valid reson to Attack you!
    US is a country of bad speling & grammar.
    It is Colour Not color!

and you need to learn some thing about music and harmonics.
    nikola tesla made a earthquack in just one building!

p.s. I like Ducks...

posted on Nov, 7 2020 @ 11:01 AM
    link   

originally posted by: buddha
    When people use bad grammar to attack you!
    they show They are weak and can not find a valid reson to Attack you!
    Did somebody attack someone for their grammar? If not, why are you babbling about that in this thread?

What I said was this:

If you or anybody else thinks that is an attack on grammar I'm afraid your reading comprehension is dismal.

OutTheBox brought up grammar (I'm not sure why) but my question has nothing to do with grammar. I'm looking for any sense or logic in that statement and how it relates to this thread, I don't care about the grammar.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 01:19 AM
    link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

A mysterious seismic 'blip' from deep inside Earth pulsates every 26 seconds.

News A Mysterious Seismic ‘Blip’ From Deep Inside Earth Pulsates Every 26 Seconds Every 26 seconds for the last 60 years seismologists have detected a ubiquitous pulse emanating from deep inside the Earth. Published 2 days ago on Nov 2, 2020 By Jake Anderson Every 26 seconds for the last 60 years seismologists have detected a ubiquitous pulse emanating from deep inside the Earth. The debate over the cause of this mysterious “microseism” has gone on for decades and produced several cogent hypotheses, but scientists still don’t know decisively what’s behind the phenomenon.

Since the early 60's scientists have known about this 'blip' or 'pulse'. To further the mystery the pulse is stronger during storms. But storms don't turn on and off after 26 seconds. Neither do volcanoes which have also been suggested as the source.

In 1980, Gary Holcomb, a geologist with the U.S. Geological Survey, looked more closely at the weird microseism, and figured out that it’s strongest during storms. But his and Oliver’s work would mostly be lost to time, while the constant seismic drumbeat would go on, unnoticed, beneath our feet. Then one day in 2005, then-graduate student Greg Bensen was working with seismic data at his lab at the University of Colorado, Boulder. His advisor walked in and asked him to show him what he was working on. As Ritzwoller tells it, Bensen pulled up some data, and there it was: A strong signal, coming from somewhere far off. “As soon as we saw this, [then-postdoctoral researcher Nikolai Shapiro] and I recognized that there was something weird, but we had no idea what it was,” Ritzwoller says. Perplexed, the team examined the blips from every possible angle. Was something wrong with their instruments? Or their analyses? Or was this seismic activity really happening? All signs pointed to the latter. They were even able to triangulate the pulse to its origin: A single source in the Gulf of Guinea, off the western coast of Africa. They dug up Oliver’s and Holcomb’s work, too, and published a study in 2006 in Geophysical Research Letters. But even since then, no one has really confirmed the cause of the regular seismic activity. Though many assume it’s caused by waves, some hold out that it’s caused by volcanic activity.

Cthulhu's heart is beating again?

DISCOVER MAGAZINE
    POPULAR MECHANICS

Interesting, thanks for sharing. One wonders what it is.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 06:49 PM
    link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

A mysterious seismic 'blip' from deep inside Earth pulsates every 26 seconds.

News A Mysterious Seismic ‘Blip’ From Deep Inside Earth Pulsates Every 26 Seconds Every 26 seconds for the last 60 years seismologists have detected a ubiquitous pulse emanating from deep inside the Earth. Published 2 days ago on Nov 2, 2020 By Jake Anderson Every 26 seconds for the last 60 years seismologists have detected a ubiquitous pulse emanating from deep inside the Earth. The debate over the cause of this mysterious “microseism” has gone on for decades and produced several cogent hypotheses, but scientists still don’t know decisively what’s behind the phenomenon.

Since the early 60's scientists have known about this 'blip' or 'pulse'. To further the mystery the pulse is stronger during storms. But storms don't turn on and off after 26 seconds. Neither do volcanoes which have also been suggested as the source.

In 1980, Gary Holcomb, a geologist with the U.S. Geological Survey, looked more closely at the weird microseism, and figured out that it’s strongest during storms. But his and Oliver’s work would mostly be lost to time, while the constant seismic drumbeat would go on, unnoticed, beneath our feet. Then one day in 2005, then-graduate student Greg Bensen was working with seismic data at his lab at the University of Colorado, Boulder. His advisor walked in and asked him to show him what he was working on. As Ritzwoller tells it, Bensen pulled up some data, and there it was: A strong signal, coming from somewhere far off. “As soon as we saw this, [then-postdoctoral researcher Nikolai Shapiro] and I recognized that there was something weird, but we had no idea what it was,” Ritzwoller says. Perplexed, the team examined the blips from every possible angle. Was something wrong with their instruments? Or their analyses? Or was this seismic activity really happening? All signs pointed to the latter. They were even able to triangulate the pulse to its origin: A single source in the Gulf of Guinea, off the western coast of Africa. They dug up Oliver’s and Holcomb’s work, too, and published a study in 2006 in Geophysical Research Letters. But even since then, no one has really confirmed the cause of the regular seismic activity. Though many assume it’s caused by waves, some hold out that it’s caused by volcanic activity.

Cthulhu's heart is beating again?

DISCOVER MAGAZINE
    POPULAR MECHANICS

I'm not surprised at this. The Bible tells us that hell is located in the earth.

But those who seek my life, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth.” (Psalm 63:9)

“… then I will bring you down with those who descend into the Pit, to the people of old, and I will make you dwell in the lowest part of the earth, in places desolate from antiquity, with those who go down to the Pit, so that you may never be inhabited; and I shall establish glory in the land of the living. ‘I will make you a terror, and you shall be no more; though you are sought for, you will never be found again,’ says the Lord God. (Ezekiel 26:20-21)

“But if the Lord creates a new thing, and the earth opens its mouth and swallows them up with all that belongs to them, and they go down alive in to the pit, then you will understand that these men rejected the Lord. Then it came to pass, as he finished speaking all these words, that the ground split apart under them, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up … So they and all those with them went down alive in the pit; the earth closed over them, and they perished from among the congregation.” (Numbers 16:30-33)

"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly: so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the HEART OF THE EARTH. " Matthew 12:40

"Now that He ascended, what is it but that He also descended first into the LOWER PARTS OF THE EARTH." Ephesians 4:9

Look what happened to Lazarus and the rich man. He looked up.

22 . . . the rich man also died, and was buried; 23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. 25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime received good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. 26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. 27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, Father, that Thou would send him to my father's house: 28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. (Luke 16:22-28)

So hell is inside of the earth and I'm not surprised to see this. The Bible tells us that hell will be thrown into the lake of fire at judgement. I think the lake of fire could be the sun or something like the sun.

Here's a verse from Revelation that seems out of place until you realize this could be a foreshadowing of the lake of fire.

Revelation 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Why was this angel standing in the sun?

Just imagine being on the sun and feeling the intense heat from the sun but not being consumed by it.

At the core of the sun, gravitational attraction produces immense pressure and temperature, which can reach more than 27 million degrees Fahrenheit (15 million degrees Celsius). Hydrogen atoms get compressed and fuse together, creating helium. This process is called nuclear fusion.
    www.space.com...

Why do I associated this verse with the lake of fire? Because 3 verses later this happens.

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

I believe the surface of the sun could be the lake of fire or it's like the lake of fire.

We also see this fire that doesn't consume with Moses and the burning bush.

Exodus 3:2 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

I think people have a hardened heart and they keep being warned but they continue to mock God. I pray that no one is thrown into the lake of fire but I know there will be many with hardened hearts who mock God and will gladly accept a lie and will take the name of blasphemy. These people are the enemies of God and therefore my enemies and they deserve to feel the fire that doesn't consume.

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 07:47 PM
    link   
    It is known that storms of a fierce nature with lots of electrical activity can cause bizarre harmonics which somehow resonate with the structure of solid matter & have led to things like iron bars piercing telegraph poles as if a knife through butter, with no destruction either side of the pole, simply as though it went through when the pole was in some sort of liquid state. There's many, many examples of this, and I posit that the 26 second pulse is also tied up with the natural harmonic resonance of the Earth, an acoustic-electrical phenomenon somehow modulating atmospheric phenomena, perhaps diminishing the strength of the storms we have - perhaps without whatever is causing the pulse, our storms would be fiercer & more destructive..

I take this concept from the strange & desolate city in the Pacific Ocean named Nan Madol - ancient, mysterious 'city' of the Pacific. I read an excellent book about the lost continent of Lemuria which contains an excellent treatment of the mystery of Nan Madol- it was held to have some connection to the giant Pacific storms, in that the 'city' was able to modulate the atmospheric activity & diminish the power of the storms, enabling Lemuria to prosper, whereas otherwise it would have faced an Atlantean fate, drowned under the waves. It seems, though, that eventually something went awry, and Lemuria did indeed slip beneath the waves. I believe it broke apart in huge tectonic stress fractures which exposed the surface to the molten mantle below the thin crust. Check out the book here: The Lost Civilisation of Lemuria - it really is worth reading.

ETA - I know that the author of the book has a chequered history (he was involved with some sort of neo-nazi thing when he was a youth); however, that doesn't diminish the value of the research - it's a fascinating mystery.

edit on NovemberSunday20011CST07America/Chicago-060051 by FlyInTheOintment because: per ETA

posted on Nov, 17 2020 @ 07:01 AM
    link   

Probably deep state using a huge generator to power their inner earth, inner eden. Hidden tech.

posted on Jan, 16 2021 @ 01:15 PM
    link   
    a reply to: research100
    Me as well. My dad was a master electrician so since I was little I've noticed certain things.

Just looking up at the stars when I was little made me thinks of magnetics and electricity. As well as just the way electricity works and completing currents.

It's all super fascinating and electricity magnetism and water is something I've been trying to study and I didn't realize we don't know as much as we should about any of the three and how they work together and what they're capable of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join