It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the middle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I know this is the mud-pit.....but where is everyone who felt both sides were wrong about a landslide?

I saw the post yesterday about the Trump landslide and to credit those on the left---I don't think I saw the opposite post.

Regardless this side has been haunted by both sides claiming there will be a wave.

I voted for Trump---but I had no expectations on how that vote would pan out. Because while I voted for Trump---my vote was not for him it was against the left. Free Healthcare and Free Education just aren't feasible with a work force modeled to decrease instead of increase. And the fact that they continue to not focus on the math but pull at heart strings on these issues to me is the only tell.

So where are those of you who actually could see this election working out in many different ways? Who lacked the confidence to call for a wave?

How do those of you feel about the media's role in this? For example---I find fox to be one of the few stations calling this real.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There is no middle.

Pick a side.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

I was in the far middle

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi

Wheat and Tares until harvest.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
So, in our local area, the U.P.s most populated city has more clout than the rest of the U.P. So, I now foresee that the rest of the U.P will avoid shopping in the city of Marquette in our near future, go Green Bay will again be the cry of the Yoopers and the City of Marquette will stumble and tumble. I looked at the voting Data and have determined I will not shop much in the City of Marquette anymore. I only live ten miles from there, maybe if businesses thrive in Ishpeming, liberals will learn that they should pay attention to the other people in their county too. I am more ired that the people in Marquette voted against John James than that they voted for Trump, James seems to be a good honest person. They are being too polarized and not worried about the U.P. So they must suffer the same as the rest of us when the Biden Green New Deal destroys our local economy in the U.P.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

While I can understand the sentiment...factually that doesn't seem to be correct.

Plenty of people on the left and the right cast their vote in this cycle. And on both sides quite a lot of them reject the labels the other side levies at them.

In the end, no matter who wins the White House----this country is pretty even. Which means the extremes on both sides are largely in the minority.

I know both sides have a lot of $$$ invested in people not seeing this...but I've been paying attention. And what I have seen is a lot of people coming out of their shelters this morning and seeing how there is no clear mandate here.
Now maybe it will pick right back up with the name calling and shouting.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Maybe I am being hopeful here----but I can see Biden actually adopting a much more moderate tone. My hope is a lot of people look at the 20% on both sides that are just miserable people and decide the 60% of us have way more in common than politicians that get rich off their positions and do nothing to further the country

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: atlantiswatusi

edit on 4/11/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Some voters are extreme middleists 😎

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I came home from voting last night as said---Well this is the worst I have ever felt casting my vote. And it wasn't my vote for Trump----it was me going down the ticket and voting everything Republican. I have never had a straight ballot ticket EVER.

But such is my rejection of the lefts loudest voices on free healthcare and education. Until they can start being honest and tell everyone their taxes are going up---and that in order for this to work they have to remove private insurance from the game then they are still the biggest liars.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I write in Ted Nugent til a non dip# gets nominated.

Good luck Ted!

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I’ve been here laughing at everyone surprised it’s a close race. The only people on either side who expected a landslide spends too much time in a bubble of their choice.

There was no way I could have stomached voting for either Trump or Biden without hurling all over my ballot, so I happily “threw away” my vote to Jorgensen. The rest of my ballot was fairly split down the middle.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

As someone who loves voting third party.....I couldn't bring myself to do it. The left has become the party of you're either with us or against us. And Biden trying to play nice couldn't overshadow that too me.

I went down ballot R for the first time in my life. Hopefully the message comes through---but both sides are still up to their nonsense. Well---both sides politicians.

To be fair the media on both sides seems a little out of sorts this morning

top topics

join