It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting Changes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
My husband went to early voting last week. He mentioned that there were no options for straight ticket voting this year. I thought surely he must have missed something because there have ALWAYS been options for straight ticket voting since my first election. (Won't say which year to avoid showing my age....ha ha) I went to early voting yesterday and, sure enough, no option for straight ticket voting.

Wondering if anyone else has seen changes to their voting structures like this?

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Same here in Texas. It was 'banned' from the ticket for some reason (?) so I just filled in every Republican candidate individually

eta: No offense if you voted straight Dem!
edit on 3-11-2020 by Starcrossd because:

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Not here in Michigan, it was the first option.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That has never been an option in Ohio to my memory. I also think that is the lazy way out. It promotes echo chamber behavior and encourages people to be uneducated and uninformed.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
We've never had the straight ticket option in AK. Too many satellite parties like AK Independence Party and the everpopular "independent" cop-out for a straight ticket option to be a usable option.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Still available in KY.

I did it manually though.

Hate Republicans (Like Mitch McConnell) and Democrats - but Dem insanity is over the top so voted strait Red.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

I've never seen that option in Wisconsin. Like the poster above said though, that's way too lazy and borderline ignorant to vote that way.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
My husband went to early voting last week. He mentioned that there were no options for straight ticket voting this year. I thought surely he must have missed something because there have ALWAYS been options for straight ticket voting since my first election. (Won't say which year to avoid showing my age....ha ha) I went to early voting yesterday and, sure enough, no option for straight ticket voting.

Wondering if anyone else has seen changes to their voting structures like this?

It's not something nationwide, but peculiar to certain states...Alabama, Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky, Oklahoma, and South Carolina, and perhaps that's not even up to date.

It's not very popular though, perhaps for obvious reasons, since STV is not just for, Federal, or state, or any other political activity, it's for all partisans in all those areas as a whole...a bit whacky I would think.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux
a reply to: pianopraze

I've never seen that option in Wisconsin. Like the poster above said though, that's way too lazy and borderline ignorant to vote that way.

Don't make assumptions. I don't usually vote straight ticket. However, with the ballot changes that they implemented, it made it hard to find candidates. For example, the first contest to select a candidate was for President. They put Trump 3 pages down the list. Biden was on the 1st page at the top. Whomever designed the ballot must have taken a page from the Google playbook.... A lot of people, myself included, would rather have simply voted straight ticket to ensure the correct candidates were selected instead of having to HUNT for them.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Pages? Damn lol

My ballot in MN was and usually is just 1 page front and back, and the back wasn't even full.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: thov420

Pages? Damn lol

My ballot in MN was and usually is just 1 page front and back, and the back wasn't even full.

Well, screens since it was electronic ballot. You had to scroll through 3 screens of candidates and Trump was buried near the bottom.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Oh ok lol.

How many candidates per screen? That shouldn't really matter though, Trump and Biden were #s 1 and 2 at the start of my ballot.

Side note: it was awfully funny seeing Kanye's name in that list lol.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: thov420

There were 13 candidates for President on the Arkansas ballot.... What caught my attention when reviewing the ballot about a month ago was that Phil Collins was listed for President on the ballot. I thought "hey, he's British...." so I started looking into it deeper and realized it was a guy who shares the same NAME as the singer, but this guy is a prohibitionist....lol. I couldn't help but laugh. I thought we voted out that platform LONG ago....

top topics

join