It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi says The House is Prepared to Play Prominent Role in Election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

OhOh Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi says she's all ready to have The House pick the next President !!

It's possible if both Trump and Biden get 269 Electoral Votes !!

And that's not only the initial results, it's the Electors in states that are allowed to vote for any candidate not just the winner in their state !!

Big problems if anything is close.

Some theories say Democrat operatives are attempting to disrupt anything they can to stop the final results if Trump wins !!

Lots of fake information deluging the MSM today and get ready for tonight and the rest of the week 😃🚬

The House of Representatives is ready to play a "prominent role" in deciding who the next president will be in case the results are disputed, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in an interview with NPR Monday.

"We're ready. We're prepared. We've been ready for a while because we see this irresponsibility of the president, his disrespect for the Constitution, for our democracy, and for the integrity of our elections. So we're ready for him," Pelosi told the public radio station, Fox News reports.

According to a Politico report released in September, the California Democrat had already begun preparing for the possibility that neither President Donald Trump nor Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden wins the 270 electoral votes needed for victory.

Pelosi: House Prepared to Play 'Prominent Role' in Election

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Wonder where that is a responsibility listed in the constitution? Wonder why Nancy finds rights for her power wherever she looks?

Wonder why the DNC and their seed see rights for themselves all the time that have never existed before?

No need to wonder, they just love power. And the one thing they love more than power is MORE power.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Any yet it's been Pelosi and crew snipping all over the constitution.

I was under the impression. It was the Scotus that decides.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If the election goes undecided you're suppose to hold another election.

This has been standard practice.

Let me guess Pelosi will say Biden won.
How surprising.

Someone get this tyrant outta my face and outta my Congress PLEASE!!

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The Supreme Court ruled this Summer that electors must vote for whomever won the state. No defections allowed.

Nancy was drunk and eating ice cream at the time. She did not get the memo.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

A candidate must receive an absolute majority of electoral votes (currently 270) to win the presidency or the vice presidency. If no candidate receives a majority in the election for president or vice president, that election is determined via a contingency procedure established by the 12th Amendment. In such a situation, the House chooses one of the top three presidential electoral vote-winners as the president, while the Senate chooses one of the top two vice presidential electoral vote-winners as vice president.

BUT.

The contingent election process was modified by the 20th Amendment, which took effect in 1933. The amendment greatly reduces the length of lame-duck sessions of Congress.As a result, the lame-duck Congress no longer conducts contingent elections, with the newly-elected Congress instead conducting contingent elections.[3] For example, if a contingent election had been held to determine the outcome of the 1936 presidential election, the 75th United States Congress would have been charged with conducting the contingent election. In the 75th Congress, all members of the House of Representatives, and approximately one-third of the members of the Senate, had been elected in the 1936 elections.

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=A%20candidate%20must%20receive%20an,established%20by%20the%2012th%20Amendment.

SO Democrats would have to hold the House which they may not be able to.

And they're 'ready'?

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
She says this, but soon she may only be Speaker of the San Mateo retirement home.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Our overlords are so inbred and retarded at this point they actually think I forgot what happened yesterday.

Mark my words - the end is nigh.

The only purpose I have left in life is to become a huge thorn in their backside.

Maybe today I won't accomplish anything, maybe tomorrow I won't either. But I swear to God one day I'll bring push to shove and it will be glorious.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

In such a situation, the House chooses one of the top three presidential electoral vote-winners as the president, while the Senate chooses one of the top two vice presidential electoral vote-winnersas vice president.

I'm Pretty sure Pelosi doesn't want a Biden/Pence Presidency.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Any yet it's been Pelosi and crew snipping all over the constitution.

I was under the impression. It was the Scotus that decides.

Wrong there old pal.

It is WE THE PEOPLE that decide EVERY LITTLE THING.

The SCOTUS Congress and the White House follow OUR mandates.

See thats how they steal our power. The always up play their role and function and always downplay the citizen's.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

In such a situation, the House chooses one of the top three presidential electoral vote-winners as the president, while the Senate chooses one of the top two vice presidential electoral vote-winnersas vice president.

I'm Pretty sure Pelosi doesn't want a Biden/Pence Presidency.

Oh they didn't mean the general election they meant the electoral college itself.

Well then Pelosi was right for once maybe?

The way the news article I read earlier presented it was untrue because they intentionally led me to think Pelosi referred to the popular vote.

And in general elections it's standard to just hold another vote in the event of ties if no tie breaker mechanism is in place.

What I said about being a thorn and how Pelosi is a drunk tyrant stands true still tho despite the media misrepresenting her comments again.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I #ing hate media and how they intentionally mislead the reader.

Christ I don't have time to research every little thing all the time.

It's like any time I come outta my stasis chamber and read a news article it turns out they hoodwinked me yet again.

Well it does support what I've said here before - that everythings a lie at this point. And thats the only truth left...

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I swear every story in the press today I read turned out to be half truth bias bs.

I keep getting tricked because I let my guard down and I am by nature trusting of others.

Y'all may think I'm the most wildly distrustful guy on ats but that's the result of me facing the consequences of how trustful and gullible I really am.

Y'all usually only see my ranting explosions after I found out I was tricked yet again.

I get fooled a dozen times a day or more and literally half the crap I think is true or real almost certainly isn't.

This frustrates me endlessly.
edit on 11/3/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Just damn it.

Damn it all to hell.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Don't be too mad.

The funny part is.

If Biden can't get 270 that means Pelosi and company are gonna have a hard time maintaining control of the House, and forget the senate.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

The MSM doesn't understand the dilemma of ......

Kamala Khan !!!!! 😨

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
A Biden/ Pence outcome would be great for Biden.

The Democrats would abandon their plan to suicide him for Kamala.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Pelosi has exactly ZERO say in the elections this term! She can talk smack all she wants, but unless she keeps her seat (which she undoubtedly will) she ain't doin' squat!

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

That would be horrible.

Any criticism of her would immediately be written off and anti-woman anti-race.

Sigh...
This sucks.

It's like I have to run for office just to neutralize it and keep all the tyrants out.

That is the last thing I want to do.
Run for office?

I am a nonconformist rebel in exile, I would be so far from the norm that I'm not sure people are ready for it.

I loathe the entire prospect.

But I may have to.
I don't think anyone else is actually qualified.

Can't win for losing dude...

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Nancy being handed the election results....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join