It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMF - Unbelievable - 30 Years Old Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
One of the songs that heralded a great decade of sex , drugs and rock & roll EMF's Unbelievable is 30 today , seems like yesterday.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I met them in the local train station back in the day. They were playing locally that night and jumped off the train to their adoring fans. Three teenagers waving and some guy with a dog. I still find the memory of them jumping out to a non event quite entertaining.
Not to take anything away from the song however.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I bet he still wears his hat like that.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Oh my god I loved this song when it came out! I don't care if I'm judged.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The whole album is actually decent. Haven't listened to it in a couple decades but I did like it and I am a music snob. Great song though.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

A classic.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Really???? Gawd, I'm gettin' old!

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I liked that song, but was a bit more impressed with the Happy Mondays from around the same era/British scene:

Happy Monday's top 40 wasn't as impressive to me, but it was named "step on you again" I believe. Probably the worse song on the album that had both songs.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The thing was that this was starting to become really popular in the US. Then just a minute later, Nirvana. Everything shifted gears. Sorry England, you didn't get Beatles/Stones 2.0. Although me, I actually liked the British rave stuff quite a bit and am still a fan, you just couldnt compete on an American level with the whole grunge thing. It was like every metal head that existed in the US dropped glam rock stuff and instantly liked grunge, plus for some reason grunge was hippy dippy accessible as well as college indie accessible.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

We were happy with both , music transcends nationality.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Fools

We were happy with both , music transcends nationality.

I would have accepted a few Lush songs hitting the top 40 here in the USA before that happened - is all I am saying - although sure, Lush wasn't rave stuff.

In the end, I am 51 now, I make fun of myself on a frequent basis over my love of music. Can't really be cool at 50 no matter what you think - well except maybe to other 50 year olds.

:-)

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
The thing was that this was starting to become really popular in the US. Then just a minute later, Nirvana. Everything shifted gears. Sorry England, you didn't get Beatles/Stones 2.0. Although me, I actually liked the British rave stuff quite a bit and am still a fan, you just couldnt compete on an American level with the whole grunge thing. It was like every metal head that existed in the US dropped glam rock stuff and instantly liked grunge, plus for some reason grunge was hippy dippy accessible as well as college indie accessible.

I’m still Raving at 49. Granted not in a field at 6am anymore however

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Andrew "Dice" Clay sure liked EMF!

People had just about forgotten about him, and this song made him immortal!

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru

originally posted by: Fools

I’m still Raving at 49. Granted not in a field at 6am anymore however

youtu.be...

I miss those "parties".

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I used to rehearse in a music room at the bottom of a garden in Bristol and the drum kit provided was the original used by the drummer on the recording.

Great song and as a bassist, the kit sounded fantastic.

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Ecstasy Mother Funker, loved me some EMF

more into dance music in the rave era, was not an indie fan but as the years pass i appreciate the music more, love the mondays and stone roses et al

have at it

from 1989

posted on Nov, 4 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
No I feel old again!

Thanks

new topics

top topics

join