It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God FAQ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Through my insatiable search for the truth I have repeatedly come across the same questions and concerns from many people regarding the existence of God. In my search I have found that these seemingly paradoxical instances are actually tunnels to the greatest treasure rooms of knowledge regarding our self-realization and our relation to all things. I will take my best shot at answering some commonly asked questions regarding God's existence and providence.

1) If God exists, why do bad things happen (especially to good people)?

Many have heard that the most superficial answer is that bad things happen due to the sinful decisions of people. This generic answer is right, but there is more depth to it. The next argument is usually "well what about children born with birth defects? They have made no decisions yet are born with apparently bad things instilled in them". There is an answer to this in the Old Testament, and it is referred to as 'the sins of our fathers'. Essentially, the burden of sin that was accumulated by our parents is passed on to the children, resulting in various troubles for the children to bear. This may seem unfair, but know that you are a continuation of your familial line, and it is your duty to honor your parents and eliminate these genetic defects through the pursuit of peace and truth.

The science of how familial memory is passed on has recently emerged. In a mind-boggling mechanism known as 'epigenetic inheritance', we are given the overarching condition of our parents in what is known as the 'epigenome'. The epigenome is simply how our genes are being expressed - some being expressed higher and others being expressed lower. This symphony of genetic expression results in a particular biophysiological expression that gets passed on from our parents. They proved this phenomenon in mice who were able to solve a drowning maze faster each successive generation due to the genetically imprinted memory of their parents. It was also proven that the fears of parents are passed down at least two generations source

It is also important to note that trials make people stronger. Sometimes we are not necessarily given something bad because we deserve it, but instead we are given a cross to bear so that through our perseverance we may help others along their path.

2) If God exists, why doesn't he give us proof?

The proof is everywhere. All biological systems act according to such precise physical laws that allow our existence to continue. This alone shows this system was designed for life to exist (especially under the Love of God's Will). Biological systems also arrange according to pi and phi. Pi and phi are irrational numbers that have an infinitude of data present in them because they go on infinitely without a predictably repeated decimal sequence. It is also no coincidence that the planets and stars have been orbiting at such clockwork precision that we have not noticed any stray from orbit in the past known history. In short, logical creatures must have come from a logical Creator. To think logical creatures came from illogical random chance requires much more faith, and is remarkably less likely to be the scenario even from the most pragmatic assessment of reality.

We were also given the sign of Christ. A man came in the name of God through a miraculous conception. He came and defeated death - that which we are all apparently subject to - and told us to love each other and have hope knowing that we are the very children of the Most High Being and Founder of the entire Universe. Given these undeniable truths, we are left now to commune with God according to our own free will, which is the fulfilment of our soul.

3) The Bible has many errors, therefore God is far from infallible

This would take many forums to comprehensively defend the Biblical narrative, but I assure the readers that everything checks out, it is only a matter of assessing history and the scientific world from an unbiased lens. We were taught the secular anti-Christ perspective of science which wishes to claim we are mutant monkeys that originated from pong goo that came to be through one big cosmic accident. This misconception has countless holes in its logic. For those who care about the details, I have compiled a lot of data showing that the Biblical worldview still remains valid: demons were referring to viruses, the firmament is a reference to the ionized water in the ionosphere, simple examples that show that evolution could not have happened through random chance mechanisms, the historicity of the global flood, the impossibiltiy of life coming to be by random chance, humans co-existed with dinosaurs (nail in the coffin for evolutionary theory).

We also should remember that the Jewish scribes had no intent to make an impression on anyone, they were simply writing the circumstances that happened to them. The fact that they recount their own downfalls shows they were not biased in their writings. Remarkably enough, the Bible has a lineage from Jesus all the way back too Adam. There were also many Jews at the time of Jesus who could trace their lineage back to Abraham. It is not just the Hebrews who claim they can trace their lineage back to a primordial couple who were the manifestation of Divine Creation. The Egyptians also have a historical record of Adam (who they call Atum [phonetically pronounced the same as Adam]) who also had a child named Seth.

The Greeks also recounted this same event, they called Adam Zeus:

But the other gods, at home in Zeus’s halls,
met for full assembly there, and among them now (Zeus Spoke)
who was the father of men and gods.

The Greeks, Egyptians, and Hebrews all recount the same history, but their perception of these historical figures are different. The Hebrews saw Seth the nomadic wanderer as emulating the ways of God, whereas the Egyptians saw Seth as a chaotic wanderer who refused to join the progress of the cities that were built by Cain and company. The Sumerians assessed the same dilemma - should we be nomadic or stay sedentary and farm the land? They recorded this pivotal point in "the debate between sheep and grain". Sheep embodied the nomadic life, whereas grain embodied the agricultural revolution (which apparently occurred very early in human history). Surely enough, The Sumerians said grain was better because they were beginning to embrace the sedentary lifestyle of the agricultural revolution. This was the same debate that faced Abel vs. Cain -God accepted Abel's sacrifice ( a sheep, again resembling the nomad lifestyle) and denied Cain's sacrifice (agricultural crops, resembling the agricultural revolution).

God always promoted the nomadic lifestyle, because the agricultural revolution inevitably would become the industrial revolution and would feed the Babylonian system all the more. The enslavement of Egypt epitomizes this detriment

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The lifestyle of Moses, Abraham, John the Baptist, The Rechabites, and so on demonstrate that this sort of simple lifestyle is the best way to commune with God. The long grueling work hours of Egypt and the present day modern world detract us from our purpose. We can still of course be saved, as demonstrated by Daniel's perseverance in Babylon, but we should seek freedom and independence from the archetypal Egypt.

4) Why is Christianity more correct than other religions?

Christ is the center of the universe. Many religions point towards the Christ, but Christianity uniquely the fulfillment of what all these religions were waiting for. Surely God can contact and commune with people who have never known the name Jesus Christ, and he will guide them in due diligence. But the point is, Christ is that truth which leads us forward towards the next stages of cosmic development. The Hindu's god 'Krishna' means "annointed". Christ also means annointed. The Hindu's therefore who were before Christ were essentially predicting that one day a Christ would come, because Krishna died like everyone else, proving that he was not exactly the Christ, but instead a foreboding of something more perfect to come.

Islam, which few will know, are actually abiding to the fact that Jesus is Al-Masih (The Messiah). The division comes from excessive religious legalism and fanaticism which is so remarkably unbased in Christ's teachings that it makes my skin crawl.

The Jewish religion denies that Jesus was the Messiah, and therefore is remarkably anti-Christian. Revelation talks much about the Jews who were to deny Christ, and says they are harboring the anti-Christ spirit. Some Jews don't care enough to read about Christ, others who know Christ's teaching and deny him do so because they say that he didn't bring the new Jerusalem into manifestation, and therefore was insufficient regarding the fulfillment of prophecy. To anyone who believes that, i would point towards the perfect foreshadowing of Christ in Moses' Passover... Jesus perfectly embodies the Passover Lamb which was meant to atone for the sins of Israel. He was also foreshadowed with Abraham's sacrifice of Isaac, which later God resembled father Abraham willing to sacrifice his son for the betterment of humankind. There are many many more prophecies I would point to showing that the Jewish supposition that Jesus was not the Messiah is incorrect.

All authentic religions that strive towards truth I would suppose are also going towards the Christ. God, given the new covenant, is most certainly God of the gentiles as well. We must celebrate our similarities in our search for truth, rather than legalistically picking out the differences. Such argumentativeness is resembling of the Adversary, commonly referred to as Satan.

To best express my point I recall a story told by a pastor who was preaching in Asia. After one of his lectures he was approached by a woman well-versed in astronomy who told him "So that's who (Christ) was communicating with me this whole time during my observances of the heavens! Thank you so very much for bringing this to my attention".

edit on 3-11-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
No proof of God is needed he speaks.

Find a quiet spot remove distractions and clear your mind of distractions. Pray to him as if you knew him and listen. You don't hear his voice but the presence of the holy spirit will speak in a way you can feel. In addition, you will see things happening in your own life that you will know it is divine intervention.

Dont love the lord because a book or preacher tells you too. Love him because you have spoken to each other and you trust him, because of your own relationship you have built with him.

Do it I dare you and you will be shocked.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
#1 Or maybe that's just God.

Isaiah 45:7 (NLT) I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinktinktink
No proof of God is needed he speaks.

Find a quiet spot remove distractions and clear your mind of distractions. Pray to him as if you knew him and listen. You don't hear his voice but the presence of the holy spirit will speak in a way you can feel. In addition, you will see things happening in your own life that you will know it is divine intervention.

Dont love the lord because a book or preacher tells you too. Love him because you have spoken to each other and you trust him, because of your own relationship you have built with him.

Do it I dare you and you will be shocked.

Amen brother. Simon means 'to listen/hearken', this is why it was Simon who helped Jesus carry his cross. Silence and listening is key to our communion with God.

The proof I wrote about is for those who are on the fence, it was for those who have been partially or fully deceived by falsely interpreted science or secular influence which is rampant in our society. It is meant as a catalyst for those who are discouraged to be put back on the path.

Blessings.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Your answer to question 1, and the sins of the fathers: NO. You aren’t understanding this rightly. Check out the Naked Bible Podcast, Dr. Michael Heiser. Or The Bible Project podcast- burg of these have addressed this. God doesn’t punish kids for what their parents did wrong. Babies are NOT born with birth defects because of their parents’ sins.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Your answer to question 1, and the sins of the fathers: NO. You aren’t understanding this rightly. Check out the Naked Bible Podcast, Dr. Michael Heiser. Or The Bible Project podcast- burg of these have addressed this. God doesn’t punish kids for what their parents did wrong. Babies are NOT born with birth defects because of their parents’ sins.

I'll give it a listen if I get the chance. But sin being passed on to subsequent generations makes sense to me, especially from a genetic perspective. Genetic abnormalities that derive from perverse behavior can be passed on to the following generations. That is exactly what epigenetic inheritance tells us too. This is why Jesus was born of a virgin - having no sin to conceive from his parents and thus being the perfect sacrifice.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

3) The Bible has many errors, therefore God is far from infallible

The answer I'm evolving on thsi one is that the Bible is a collaboration between God and man. The thoughts come from God, the wording comes from the human writers, and any faults can be blamed on the human contribution.

This is most obvious in the case of the prophets, where each prophet has his own writing style. This "translation" process explains how, for example, Agabus can tell Paul what will happen to him in Jerusalem, and get the detail slightlly wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If God is eternal, why did he think slavery was ok back then 🤔

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake
He didn't; God's law- your slaves

The short answer is that human society in general thought slavery was OK in those days, and it was hard work talking them out of it. Jeremiah got very angry at one point because the people promised to free their slaves and then backed out of it.

Never, in the Bible, does God say "slavery is OK". Slavery existed in Israel as the status of people paying off their debts. The overall message from God was " I would prefer you not to have slaves, but if you must, I want you to keep it temporary and at least treat them properly".

edit on 3-11-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

God never endorsed slavery. He’s never endorsed a particular culture, for that matter.

God worked with what was there at the time- he always does. Instead of turning an entire society upside down by outlawing a practice that was engrained within a culture, he inserted himself and used that culture for change.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
So he had to make an immoral choice because society wouldn't accept it? Surely if he just said NO more slavery people would accept his word?

Also I said god 'was' OK with it, not he 'said' he was ok with it.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I'm at #3 but I want to quickly add something.

The Moon.

The Moon is drifting away from the Earth BUT right now it is exactly the right distance from earth to create total eclipses perfectly.

The moon is much smaller than the sun but it is at the precise distance to appear as the exact same size of the sun.

And only one side faces earth and all these other amazing impossible anomalies.

When dinosaurs lived there wasn't a total eclipse at 100% exact overlapping.

In a thousand years it will be too far away and the outer sides of the sun will always be visible during eclipses and over time it will only get worse.

The statistical odds of all this aligning so perfectly are utterly astronomical.

The Moon is definitely an anomaly and proof that we honestly don't have a clue about the moons origins or even the universe at large.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

So he had to make an immoral choice because society wouldn't accept it? Surely if he just said NO more slavery people would accept his word?

That would only work in a perfect world where everybody obeyed God instantly. Since we are living in a world full of imperfect and disobedient people, it just doesn't work as a practical solution. He said "No!" to lots of things, including murder, theft and adultery, but people took no notice. You must have noticed this.

It's the same thing, because we have no knowledge of what God wants except from what he says.

P.S. Your patient teacher
I've always aimed to have a thread somewhere on any question that might come up.
In terms of the explanation in that post, you are a "zapper".
edit on 3-11-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

You're acting like we humans don't beg to be enslaved by nearly every action we take....

Maybe our view of morality is the problem due to the fact we preach XYZ yet in practice we are hypocrites and selfish judgemental ignorant liars?

We probably deserve what we get. My life's a horrible disaster and though I adamantly reject the notion I am a sinner and deserve it.

But really, I cant help but wonder if I legitimately earned my suffering. I could just be in denial due to arrogance and pride which is even more sin on top of my other sins.

So yeah, I probably created this and deserve what I get. I make mistakes constantly and knowingly sin even because we humans just can't seem to avoid it.

And then you wanna know why God enabled slavery torture rape and murder? Even tho you yourself like all the rest of us are in reality a selfish sinful person.

We should all be thankful that God is super merciful right now because if I were God I'd smite this whole planet and wipe out humans completely. And Im a pretty pragmatic and prudent person in general so God must be super ultra merciful to tolerate us.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

But then again if God is all powerful and wrote the script of the universe from alpha to omega than none of us ever actually had free will.

So I was designed to fail.
I was fated it.

That means God knew anticipated and forcefully ensured that I made all these mistakes, that I became hateful and sinful. It was by the script.

So God created evil on purpose and invented you and me to act it out.

Think about this, the word Universe means both "one versus itself" and "one verse/word".

God created evil to make the "Uni Versus itself".

This was the division between all things.
Light and dark.
Up and down.
Alive and dead.
Good and evil.
Positive and negative.

The Yin Yang of all things.

So a recap:
1) I deserve punishment
2) God scripted this
3) The universe is impossible without it.

So essentially Evil is Necessary.

And you and I are lucky as heck to not really know much about that and to avoid the whip for so long.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

It's the 10 commandments.

We do not follow them.
We are cursed and bring it on ourselves via inequity.

If we just followed those 10 rules we would live in Utopia not this fallen Dystopian society we have now.

Every single one of those "rules" are pure Wisdom. They are to save us from heart ache and destruction.

If only we would listen and take every one of them to Heart.

I know I can't.
It's too hard in some circumstances.

Both my parents abandoned me to die when I was months old and I nearly did. The ppl that adopted me didn't show affection or anything so it left me empty and jealous of others who did receive affection.

I've had nothing but problems as a result of them traumatizing me like that and am distrustful of everyone and blame most of my suffering on them.

I condemn my parents.
They are lifelong junkie drunks and have nearly no humanity in them. I could criticize and hate them endlessly.

I am CURSED to struggle immensely with this one commandment.

How can I honor my mother and father when there is literally nothing honorable or redeeming about them?

I just don't see how. I am doomed to break this command indefinitely.

Why is it a commandment? Because breaking this leaves me with very little to no respect for anyone. How can I respect and honor anyone at all if I cannot do so with my own flesh and blood parents?

I was born into this sin and may never be able to atone for it.
edit on 11/3/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Oh and God's quality of being eternal has no bearing on what God is for or against.

The time duration aspect seems totally unrelated to the morality aspect.

So really your question is flawed and irrational to begin with.

Eg: "If I am 39, why am I ok with ____".
It's not properly formed.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I don't know of any errors in the Bible.

I spent decades hopping on every tiny thing saying "aha an error!" only to later discover I was ignorant and it probably wasn't an error in the book but rather an error in my perception and interpretations.

Could you please show me 1 error in the Bible? Just because ppl don't agree or like it doesn't make it in error. Those ppl could be errant who knows?

Since I know you study it closer than anyone please do share what you've found.

I have a strange feeling you are similar to myself and every time you thought it was in error it turned out we just didn't understand it.

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Ummm.

You are saying demons referred to viruses?

No no no you got this mostly wrong.

Yes ancient ppl attributed disease to demons pretty much in every culture but this misinterpretation does not mean "demons" don't exist as a thinking entity that interacts with us.

The entities the Bible calls demons are aliens from the sky that are here on earth manipulating and using humans.

When seen they are shadows usually though their hologram and cloaking technology enables them to be invisible or to take any appearance they want. They also can be intangible with a phase shift tech.

Though nothing's perfect so their tech occasionally malfunctions or its limitations are revealed. These few little mishaps are when we finally can see visually the evidence of their existence.

In fact as a result of my examinations of hauntings and sites where phenomena manifested revealed some bizarre clues that have me convinced "ghost phenomena" is actually the ET/demon/angel intentionally tricking us into thinking its a ghost of a dead person but yet it's a lying alien jerk.

Why the hell would demon/alien entities fake ghost phenomena to fool humans into thinking spirits linger and manifest and haunt certain areas or things????

The residual echo ghost theory isn't true. Its an alien trickster now please does anyone have a clue WHY they do that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join