It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article:300 MILLION possible earth like planets in the Milky way galaxy alone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE ...Imagine if you could copy that EMF and repulse other atoms at a longer range. It would be like a force field. I think that is how UFO's can fly so fast.......If you can replicate that, then as long as you have significant power behind it and it exists a good distance ahead of you, you should have no qualms about travelling at those speeds.

Interesting theory...... but I think this method falls somewhat short. When traveling at the speed of light, it seems to me at that speed you would still collide with an object even as big as a body as a planet or sun etc.

Notice at the speed the ship was going.... the sensor warns of collision and so it activates it’s method to destroy and breakup the asteroid ahead of it at the speed its going. The ship does not (and cannot at its speed) “avoid“ (go around, near miss, etc.) the asteroid. So then at the speed it’s going, it is forced to destroy what it can to make it through.

I doubt such a system would be able to destroy anything large like small moons, large planets, suns, if sensed by the collision warning system in the ships path, at the speed of light. Also if a ship’s system could destroy large bodies in its path, then you have to think large fragments are now on their own collision course with nearby bodies that may have supported life.

Interesting...

I still maintain speed of light ships, as good as it sounds, is not without problems to be able to survive traveling at that speed.

Btw.....movie looks good....I will endeavor to see it if available on the www

edit on 28-11-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

I'm speculating that any such interstellar travelers have detailed maps of our galaxy...whereas they can avoid suns, planets, black holes, moons and even asteroid fields. Most probably...any superluminal capable starship would have go sublight, before entering any star system.

A worthy addition to any magnetic shield surrounding a starship, would be a fusion plasma shield contained by the EMF shield; which would greatly magnify the defensive and offensive capabilities of such a shield --- Such as a typical foo fighter, that has been visibly witnessed by others in the past, either here on our planet or in our atmosphere.

edit on 28-11-2020 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

I'm speculating that any such interstellar travelers have detailed maps of our galaxy...whereas they can avoid suns, planets, black holes, moons and even asteroid fields. Most probably...any superluminal capable starship would have go sublight, before entering any star system.

A worthy addition to any magnetic shield surrounding a starship, would be a fusion plasma shield contained by the EMF shield; which would greatly magnify the defensive and offensive capabilities of such a shield --- Such as a typical foo fighter, that has been visibly witnessed by others in the past, either here on our planet or in our atmosphere.

....whereas they can avoid suns, planets, black holes, moons and even asteroid fields...

Plausible I suppose..... earthly drones of today sometimes use a user programmed waypoints by coordinates system....basically... a which way to go ....each time a waypoint is achieved.

A worthy addition to any magnetic shield surrounding a starship, would be a fusion plasma shield contained by the EMF shield; which would greatly magnify the defensive and offensive capabilities of such a shield

Of course this would require a ginormous amount of power from a powerplant that not only has to maintain the general power of the ships requirements, but also maintaining the energy fields surrounding it....that’s a given.

Ok so with this magnetic shield and powering through objects during light speed... is it true that a magnetic shield is only as good as the materials it can repel against? If so, what of materials not subject to repelling? Materials, solids, we have yet to know about in space which then become obstacles in the path of travel?

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Snoots

Some good points regarding transmitting signals across the vastness of space.

Regarding signals "degrading over very long distances", the main reason for that, by far, is simply that they "spread out" more, the farther they travel, which means there is less and less power per unit length or area as they get farther from their point of origin. At some distance, their power level is below the noise floor that's caused by things like the motion (vibrations) of atoms and molecules. (Sometimes we can still receive signals with such low power (like GPS), but we have to know in advance what type of correlations and encoding were used.) The simple case of an omnidirectional antenna shows that the received power density, at some distance r from the source, would have to be equal to the initial transmitted power level divided by the surface area of a sphere that has a radius equal to the distance r from the source. So that makes the received power level decrease, by dividing by (4 pi times the square of the distance), which gets smaller very quickly as the distance increases. A directed beam's attenuation versus distance is similar except it has more initial power and it occupies a smaller angular portion of the sphere.

Just a minor correction: In 200,000 years, a light-speed transmission would travel 200,000 light years, which would not "cross our universe", which has a radius of something like 47 billion light years (or 13.8 billion light years for the part we can currently possibly see). Our Milky Way galaxy is about 100,000 light years in diameter.

LIGHT IS EXTREMELY SLOW!

To have practical travel, just within our own galaxy, would mean what? Lets just say we would want to be able to get anywhere we wanted to go with three days of travel time. Say 3.65 days so we can call it 1/100 of a year. How fast would we need to travel, to go 100,000 light years in 0.01 year? That would mean 10 million times the speed of light, which would also get us to the Andromeda galaxy and back (around 8 million light years round trip) in a little less than two years.

What if we wanted to be able to go 13.8 billion light years in, say, a year of traveling, to be able to get to the edge of what we can see from here? Since light only travels one light year in a year, and we want 13.8 billion light years in a year, we would have to be able to go 13.8 billion times the speed of light. Ouch.

Neither of those scenarios above has an obvious solution, or at least not one that is obvious to me. So, since we KNOW that the extraterrestrials can go much faster than light (at least based on assumptions that are based on the sizes and numbers of the multitudes of gigantic face images/artworks they have constructed, as discussed in my post at www.abovetopsecret.com... , which actually didn't mention that there are also ET artworks that are hundreds and even thousands of light years in size), there "must be" a relatively-easy way to travel to places, much faster than light would get there.

So maybe there "must" be some way to generate "wormholes" or some sort of "portals", quickly and easily, and probably to also simultaneously somehow avoid the problem of having time pass at a different rate (after returning to the point of origin, at least). "Impossible!", some (or many) will say. Well, geniuses, our current knowledge and our physics are obviously not sufficient, so people can't necessarily just parrot THAT stuff, to try to call something "impossible".

Maybe after all of the physicists see the book mentioned at the link above, and they realize that IT IS POSSIBLE, then THAT will cause them to make progress much more quickly than they otherwise would have. THAT was one hope that I had, while putting the book together. I actually mentioned it, in the book, along with suggesting that maybe our physicists need a LOT more funding. Let's hope they get it.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Aye but not one lightly within spitting distance.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have repeatedly championed the plausibility of magnetic shields being created by a micro mini black hole, that is installed onboard a starship. Whereas, it should be sufficient enough to create a powerful magnetic shield/shields for safe interstellar travel in a starship.

This artificially created magnetic shield...should be able to deflect ferrous and non ferrous particles alike --- including gamma rays.
edit on 28-11-2020 by Erno86 because: deleted an added a word

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Interesting line of thought. A non-moving magnetic field would only affect certain types of metals, such as iron-based ones. An electrostatic field (a DC electric field) might affect other materials, the same way that static electricity either repels or attracts things. You might need two different fields, to have both polarities, since some things might be attracted and some repelled, by each polarity.

But things would probably change, a lot, when the ship was moving. Then, a static (unchanging) magnetic field becomes a time-varying magnetic field, to anything it moves around and past. A time-varying magnetic field causes an electric field, which would also cause an electric current to flow in any conductive material that was present. And, naturally, a time-varying electric field would also cause a magnetic field to form if any conductive material was present.

Some modern physicist will have to chime in, to make sense of that and to extend the results to also include speeds near or above light speed.

If a course were plotted to avoid all known large things in space, then a massive assembly at the forward end of a ship could possibly offer enough protection against "small-enough" objects. Using a planet or moon as the nose of a ship could work, to some extent. But it might be better to melt a large quantity of metal and/or rock and form it into a sharp, pointy cone or pyramid, which would serve as the nose of the ship. That way, it could deflect much of the energy and mass of an object with which it collided. I'm not sure how large, massive, and rigid it would need to be. That would probably depend mostly on the speed that was intended and the type of objects it might encounter. If it was many times the size of our solar system, for example, it should be able to survive some significant impacts, but might cause big problems for anyone nearby, if it was designed to deflect objects off to the side (by being pointy) instead of just absorbing the object and its energy.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I have repeatedly championed the plausibility of magnetic shields being created by a micro mini black hole, that is installed onboard a starship. Whereas, it should be sufficient enough to create a powerful magnetic shield/shields for safe interstellar travel in a starship.

This artificially created magnetic shield...should be able to deflect ferrous and non ferrous particles alike --- including gamma rays.

Source Link Extra dimensions, gravitons, and tiny black holes

Microscopic black holes

Another way of revealing extra dimensions would be through the production of “microscopic black holes”. What exactly we would detect would depend on the number of extra dimensions, the mass of the black hole, the size of the dimensions and the energy at which the black hole occurs. If micro black holes do appear in the collisions created by the LHC, they would disintegrate rapidly, in around 10-27 seconds. They would decay into Standard Model or supersymmetric particles, creating events containing an exceptional number of tracks in our detectors, which we would easily spot. Finding more on any of these subjects would open the door to yet unknown possibilities.

Although the context above is about dimensions..... the process to create and generate tiny black holes still requires efforts we don’t have in space for long distance space travel.... Look at it this way as well..... any ship generating micro tiny black holes with less than a minute life span, and pulsed created in rapid succession...would presently have to be the size of a CERN facility or better as it stands now with what’s currently known. That’s one humongous size ship...

Just a wake up call..... for the general public’s consumption... we have not progressed past the space shuttle....we have digressed back to using capsules!

The Space Shuttle Orbiter The cargo/payload weighed up to 29,000 kg (65,000 pounds) total.

Dragon carries cargo in a pressurized capsule and an unpressurized trunk. It can carry 6,000 kilograms (13,228 pounds) total.

65,000 / 13,228 = 4.91381917145....... that’s saying.... for just 1 trip of a shuttle orbiter , 5 trips have to be made by dragon.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snoots
I honestly don't think they would. Much more likely to keep it quiet.

Considering how Covid and the US election shined a light in the darker corners of humanity where the reactionary moron trolls live, and seeing just how crazy and even potentially violent they are, maybe it's for the best.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Just pure speculation at this point: But could it be possible for a magnetically shielded starship, travelling at superluminal speeds, be able to create and sustain it's own triangular light wave in front and behind it? Much like a hypersonic missile creates it's own sonic shock wave --- And couldn't that subluminal light wave be another asset in shield protection for a starship travelling either at the speed of light, or in the superluminal realm?

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Just pure speculation at this point: But could it be possible for a magnetically shielded starship, travelling at superluminal speeds, be able to create and sustain it's own triangular light wave in front and behind it? Much like a hypersonic missile creates it's own sonic shock wave --- And couldn't that subluminal light wave be another asset in shield protection for a starship travelling either at the speed of light, or in the superluminal realm?

Not sure.... I’m ignorant in that regard where superluminal speeds are faster than the speed of light. Don’t know squat of the science there. If you can imagine it, I guess it’s an unproven possibility. Here is some work being done, if I understood your notion.... perhaps it can attempt to answer what you seek...

Optical shock: Scientists have imaged light going faster than itself
edit on 29-11-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Theres another problem you would need to have a force field to travel faster than light. Even a single particle when your moving that fas would be like a bullet. so you have to trap those particles to prevent them from hiting you. problem is when you stop you would release so much radiation as to kill all life on a planet. So speeding to a planet all you would do is kill everything there.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Based on my own first time observation of a possible aerial foo fighter in our atmosphere --- one night in November of 1976, approximately 40 miles west of Washington D.C. --- and also the high level of UAP reports by others --- I'm assuming that these possible interstellar craft have broken the speed of light barrier, and that they can travel in the superluminal realm.

So in order for them to do so...they would need an infinite amount of energy for constant acceleration. And I'm speculating that these aliens could do so with a micro mini black hole installed on their starship; which would also generate a strong magnetic field/fields surrounding the ship.

This magnetic field would mimic no rest mass, and furthermore...make it possible for them to break the speed of light barrier, and would enable them to travel in the superluminal realm --- without risk of damage or injury to the starship and crew.

edit on 30-11-2020 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

So in order for them to do so...they would need an infinite amount of energy for constant acceleration. And I'm speculating that these aliens could do so with a micro mini black hole installed on their starship; which would also generate a strong magnetic field/fields surrounding the ship.

Reading the following suggests black hole propulsion (I suppose it could apply to micro mini black holes) may be theoretically possible... however certain criteria needs to be met.... and therein is the devil in the details.

Black hole starship

edit on 30-11-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
So the universe is about 9 billion years old in the state we see today with typical suns and planets. Prior to that was massive suns going super nova creating the other elements we have today. In that 9 billion years it took a perfect planet like earth 4.5 billion years to create one life form that could go to the moon.

Life is all over as a normal part of the universe and is most likely anywhere conditions allow, but something like us is rare indeed.

Earth is also rare as in it is the prefect spot, not Venus and not Mars, We also have two super vacuums of Jupiter and Saturn to suck up much of the space debris that would reset life too often to allow evolution to advance as it does on earth. Also if we didn't have our moon to provide the stable climate we have would also inhibit life past simpler forms. We also see what happens if our core was not liquid such as what happen to Mars, or even Venus with 800 degree surface temperatures.

We could say 300 million planets about the same size as earth and in that Goldie Locks zone, but that is far from what is needed, and a big part of that is pure luck of the draw. If the Dinosaurs were not eliminated we would not be here too.

edit on 1-12-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join