It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another friend gone

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Roscoe died last week. Actually, we had to put him down.
I was in Kentucky, when my fiance called and said he has fallen off the bed and was carrying his head down and cocked to the side. We thought he had sprained a muscle and she took him to the vet. He said that wasn't much he could do, because he was so old that, even if they did x rays and found something, he was just to old to survive surgery. He gave him some pain meds and muscle relaxers and for about a week, he seemed to be getting better. Then, everything just seemed to go wrong. He started walking into walls, wouldn't eat unless we boiled some chicken and hand fed him or use a syringe to put water in his mouth.

I think he had a stroke/seizure that threw him off the bed and over time, continued having tiny strokes until there was nothing of him just an animal running on instinct.

I still get up in the morning to let my Great Pyrenees out and turn, looking for him to follow her and then I remember...."Oh"
I still catch myself putting down 2 bowls of food.
He was my "riding buddy". I would get my keys out of my pocket and when he heard that jingle, those ears would perk up and all I had to say was "Let's go".
He was out the door and waiting by the truck. I would roll his window down and he was in heaven, nose out and ears flapping in the wind.

He's in the backyard ...and ya know what ? SCREW the city ordinance about burying pets. He was my friend and He. Stays. Home.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I am so saddened to hear this. What a beautiful dog. I'm sure that Roscoe knows how much he was loved and will be waiting for you on the other side.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

David, I’m so sorry. My heart is aching for you right now. But- I’m SO glad he’s with you. Screw the city ordinances! He is family and he belongs where YOU want him to be.

I had to put down my middle baby in February- I still can’t watch any videos of him yet. Our dogs are family. I know what you’re going through and I’m so, so sorry. A good friend told me after Ozzy died to be grateful for the time I had with him, be happy knowing I gave him a great life, and to imagine him running around with this friend’s dog who we had to put down years earlier, who was best buds with my Oz.

So, your boy is surely playing his favorite games with his friends who went before him, right now! And you gave him a wonderful life!

I know that doesn’t dull the pain. I’ll have you in my prayers.

Can you post more pics?! He was gorgeous! ❤️

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
He looks, body-wise, like my dog. Mine is a greyhound/toy fox terrier mix.
Sorry you lost your friend.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Sorry about your loss. Make sure you call before you dig so you don't hit underground wires or whatever.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I am very, very sorry for your loss. It's not fair that they live such short lives.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It's always hard to lose a pet. I'm so sorry for you. They make such a place in our lives and then leave such a hole when they go.

You'll never forget him, and I know you treated him right. He looks so loved in the picture.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Sorry man.

I can never have a dog because if I lose him, i would be crushed...sorry for the loss.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
My wife and I had to put our cat down today. She had injection site sarcoma and her tumor burst. She was a wonderful lap cat and had a good life. It doesn’t make it any easier to lose a pet who has been a loyal friend and family member.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I am so sorry for your loss.
My heart hurts for you...and I know your pain must be great, as I have been there.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Man, I am so sorry .....really sucks when something like that happens to take a beloved pet.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Metallicus

Man, I am so sorry .....really sucks when something like that happens to take a beloved pet.

I really appreciate that. It was a tough day here.

join