It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: Fools
The "bigfoot" part in the Sierra's was possibly one of the most compelling things I have ever watched in regard to a crypto. Listening to that chatter they recorded was amazing. I have never heard anything like that in my life.
originally posted by: karl 12
a reply to: CIAGypsy
There are some analogues with Fae lore and modern day Missing 411 profile points including association with boulder fields, berry bushes, weather change and shoe stealing.
originally posted by: CIAGypsy
a reply to: Nickn3
Yes, I will definitely check it out.
Throughout the 411 documentary, there were a lot of things combing through my mind.... Here were a few (yes, some are rather crazy thoughts, but you never know where they might go with some of these theories):
1. Some off-the-grid wacko is killing these people, hiding the bodies, and taking their gear. For this to be true, said wacko would need to kill the individual or incapacitate them in a way that doesn't leave blood or dna behind and also without making noise. Not likely.... Said wacko would also have to have carried these individuals quite some distance and disposed of their bodies in ways that most were never found. Also unlikely....
2. A CULT of off-the-grid wackos is sending out people in various rural areas across the country, killing people, and taking their gear. Same as Scenario #1, but with multiple people instead of a lone wolf. However, same "unlikeliness" applies as in Scenario #1.
3. Time Slips - If we are going full paranormal here, I half expected Tom Messick's son to say they saw a picture of his dad in an old photo from 100 years ago. Of course, that didn't happen...but if this were to occur, it might explain no body, no equipment, no sound, etc... You never know what dimension these people might have been sucked into.... Welcome to the Event Horizon.
4. Animal Attack - This goes without saying for any hunter in the woods. However, animal attacks are messy and most experienced hunters and survivalists (several of which were noted in the documentary) would be prepared for this type of event. Doesn't explain the lack of body, evidence of attack, or missing equipment.
5. People chose to disappear - I thought perhaps Aaron Hedges chose to disappear, but that explanation goes out the window when you consider his boots being found under the tree. No sane person is going to leave their boots behind in an area of unstable ground and sharp rocks.
6. DUMBs - most of these places are very rural and happened around the mountains. I wondered if perhaps these individuals came across people entering or leaving a DUMB entrance.
Misskat1 is the ATS member who wrote about her grandson that disappeared and saw a "robot" grandma and what-not. Here's that link. Scary stuff really.