It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanksgiving Guidelines California Style!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Judging by some of these posters, they can't decide whether or not they can even have pancakes or waffles in the morning without consulting some bureaucrat.

Don't forget, that's after consulting with pollsters. And yard signage. And their Facebook echo chamber.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Judging by some of these posters, they can't decide whether or not they can even have pancakes or waffles in the morning without consulting some bureaucrat.

Don't forget, that's after consulting with pollsters. And yard signage. And their Facebook echo chamber.

You forgot their MSM overlords

Edit: aww I was saving my 10,000th post for something special. Oh well!

edit on 1-11-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
a reply to: ketsuko

Is that why the left often doesn't agree with weak center-right democrats while the right falls right in line with Trump even when he throws conservatism and out the window?

The left doesn't agree with center-right democrats because they aren't statist enough. Center-right democrats sometimes expect you to make your own minds about the smaller details like whether or not you want oat or soy milk in your tea, but they won't let you have dairy because cow farts are bad for the environment.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

So unreasonable?

Yes.

We have Thanksgiving at my Father-in-Law's house. Have since my wife and I started dating in high school. Now there are more than just five of us, There are him (she passed a few years ago), my wife and I, her sister & hub, their two kids with their spouses and kids and our kids with their spouses. That's now seven families living in separate houses. I'll be damned if we're going to refuse to get together since we're all Covid-free. The entire state of California should give their governor a big single finger salute. Family is everything, we're no longer a society if we forego that aspect of our lives.

So, how would you deal with reducing COVID-19? What would you do if you were the governor in a state where there have been 17,626 deaths in 7 months attributed to the virus, and the death rate appears to be about to spike back up after the increase in the number of cases?

None of your family is likely to die of missing a get-together.

You're about ten thousand deaths high

Tracking COVID-19 in California

and still missing the point. I don't know about yours but if someone in our family is sick they stay away from the others. Preventing people from spending time with family has far worse consequences than potentially getting Covid.

Some people, even young and healthy ones, have died of COVID-19. But more elderly ones die. That's a fairly absolute consequence.

The number of deaths are "with" Covid, not "from" Covid and you can cut that in half if it weren't for our governor's stupidity. There are almost no Flu deaths this year.

Because 'flu does not appear to be as infectious as COVID-19 and because the mitigations against COVID-19 are also more effective against 'flu perhaps?

Also possibly because the medical world doesn't believe the BS that COVID-19 is benign and they have put a lot of their resources into dealing with COVID-19 rather than collecting figures on lower priority issues, or it simply takes time to collate and publish all that information?

Why is that? Far fewer heart attack deaths. Why is that? Suicides are up, so is spousal and child abuse. Why is that? The phrase "the cure is worse than the disease" rings solidly true with this virus.

Where are you getting the data? The CDC hasn't yet published most of that for this year?

Here's a link to the CDC Wonder database where you can put queries about those statistics:

CDC WONDER

The CDC isn't posting deaths from the flu because?

The CDC are posting 'flu statistics. It just took me a while to find the correct CDC site.

Weekly U.S. Influenza Surveillance Report - FLUview

Please note about halfway down the page, the chart that shows the number of outpatient cases with each season shown in different colors.

The 2020-2021 season (that little partial one) is lower, but not that far off previous years, and note that at the end of the 2019-2020 season, that the numbers were actually a bit up on previous years.

Also notice that the seasonal data doesn't coincide with the calendar year but started on September 29, 2019 and finished in October 24, 2020.

Because either there aren't many (or any) or they're all being flagged as Covid deaths. We can't trust the causes because the CDC themselves stated on their website that actual deaths FROM Covid were very low. Other illnesses can cause death from complications like, oh... the flu, pneumonia, cancer, vascular disease, asthma, high blood pressure, the list goes on.

The virus causes a cascade of issues, many of which are fatal.

Consider a dangerous bend on a mountain road. If someone drives too fast and kills themselves, did they die of driving too fast, or of the dangerous curve, or of a combination of the two?

In the same way, there is a degree of fuzziness about the precise cause of death in any illness where there is a cascade of fatal conditions.

So you believe the flu is insignificant. I see. So the 34-65k that died from it last year are insignificant?

No, there were specifically 34,200 deaths from October 2018 to May 2019. The 61,000 figure was a peak figure, from the 2017-2018 season (added in to make it look like there are more deaths from 'flu than there actually are).

Ok. The tens of thousands that die from it every year are insignificant? Tell that to their families and that's not even including the potentially hundreds of thousands that would die without the flu vaccine, as weakly effective as it is.

I am not trivializing the deaths from the 'flu, but in the very worst year recently in the US there were 61,000 deaths from flu. In 6 months there have been 230,000+ deaths from COVID-19 in the US. Clearly, it isn't just another 'flu.

You also keep confusing the fact that almost no one believes Covid isn't dangerous, but rather the manipulation by the media and certain officials that blew it out of proportion are the main problem. No one needed to be locked down for months. Had the correct information been given out freely early on a lot of this would have been prevented. The data manipulation, the media manipulation, the political manipulation has been unnecessary and unforgivable.

The same political manipulation by multiple countries with multiple political systems around the world?

COVID-19 has been a real problem everywhere, even in countries that are the 'enemies' of the USA.

Even your President who has embarrassed himself by trying to downplay the contagion for months, has admitted to the problem and has had the infection himself.

Suggesting it isn't a problem is la-la land nonsense and indicates the extent to which people have come to distrust anything other than the social media popularity-hound kooks.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This reminds of Burgermeister Meisterburger:

Toys are hereby declared non-essential, illegal, unlawful AND anyone found with a toy in his possession will be placed under arrest and thrown in the dungeon. No kidding!

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I want to know what's special about chanting, as opposed to regular talking that makes it double-plus un-good. Is it the repetition of same words, or ia it something about the similar soundwaves coming from each person, then colliding with the 5G waves when they meet from 6' away which triggers the virus, sends the sick to nursing homes and shoves people on the VoDs? (Ventilators of Death.)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I want to know what's special about chanting, as opposed to regular talking that makes it double-plus un-good. Is it the repetition of same words, or ia it something about the similar soundwaves coming from each person, then colliding with the 5G waves when they meet from 6' away which triggers the virus, sends the sick to nursing homes and shoves people on the VoDs? (Ventilators of Death.)

Maybe it induces an invincible chrysalis in Covid? Yeah, that's the ticket, it induces an invincible chrysalis. Yep, folks slow on the uptake will buy that easily enough.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

a reply to: Cobaltic1978
it means we're adult enough to decide amongst ourselves as a family what risks we will or won't.

Based on some of the posters around here, I'm starting to think people outside the USA can't fathom this concept.

That's all the more reason Americans need to stand against this blatant conditioning agenda.

Just because there are a couple of masochists from Europe on here doesn't make your comment true. In Germany we have the largest resistance and other countries that have just got out of communist oppression are also quite savvy about freedom. I'd say between ww2 and communist regimes Europeans have a tad more experience than Americans who know nothing of such things. If you watched alternative news you'd know. Instead you go by one or two totally brainwashed commenters and declare Europeans weak? Sorry you have the same types in the USA and I am clever enough not to generalise. Please.

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: ketsuko

What I don’t understand about your lot, is that taking precautions that suit your circumstances is seen as weak and cowardly.

It’s about being sensible in my opinion, which goes against your opinion and all of a sudden insults fly. I have seen a lot of this on ATS recently, and to be fair it has come from the Trump supporters more than any others.

No insults. It boils down to only one thing. All of the precautions would be useful if we talked about a really dangerous pathogen. But. But there isn't one. There is a new flu virus. That's it. We who are against these measures are against clearly unnecessary measures based only on cases, gathered from the most unreliable test for this kind of thing.
I doubt people here would ignore ebola or the black death but you have to wake up and smell the coffee. The precautions are put of proportion!

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Survival rates well above 98%, actually above 99% now.

Being "right wing" as you put it doesn't mean we "don't care", it means we're adult enough to decide amongst ourselves as a family what risks we will or won't.

Keep on believing that if it makes you feel better.

As I said it is about protecting the most vulnerable. You have obviously taken the decision that the 1 or 2% are not worth protecting, and that is your prerogative.

I have friends who have thought like this until they have lost a loved one or indeed contracted the disease.

Best of luck moving forward.

When are you people going to get the fact that unless you, and everyone else, live inside a hermetically sealed and perfectly sterilized environment you WILL be exposed to some level of pathogens just by...uhhh...living???

This has nothing, read ZERO, to do with not caring about some percentage of the population or wanting to protect them! It has EVERYTHING to do with the clinically insane notion that you can protect 100% of the people from 100% of the pathogens they may be exposed to...100% of the time! What part of this can't you folks understand????

It's NOT about not caring...it's about MATH!

Oh wait...

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

As I said it is about protecting the most vulnerable.

The most vulnerable are free to protect themselves. If you're scared, stay home, refuse to go to your families Thanksgiving party.

Leave the rest of us the frack alone.

Funnily - everyone I know who is at risk says the same fracking thing...

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I do like that last one...

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Great! Now how am I gonna get my whole cult to join me in performing the very loud 3-hour indoor incantation over the 30-lb. bird we just bought from some guy with a cough on the side of the 405??

posted on Nov, 3 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: av8r007

well that escalated quickly

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Are you enjoying your Draconian Doctrines sponsored by Irrational Fearmongering yet? California sure is.

Just check out these Thanksgiving guidelines laid out by California Governor Gavin Newsom

The guidelines, announced ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday, define gatherings as "social situations that bring together people from different households at the same time in a single space or place."

The order requires the host of any private gathering to limit attendance to no more than three households and the duration to no more than two hours. Hosts should ensure guests gather only outdoors and promote physical distancing, frequent hand-washing or sanitizing and the use of masks or face coverings.

In addition, singing, chanting, and shouting are strongly discouraged and should be avoided.

www.foxnews.com...

No more than 3 households present--What does that even mean?

Parties no longer than 2 hours--Go to hell, governor

Guests must stay outside--For realzy?

Avoid singing--What is there to sing about anymore?

Who wants to come over to my place on T-day? You can sit your azz outside for 2 hours silently and then go home. That'll teach Covid not to mess with ya.

WHY WHY WHY would you let some pencil-necked soy boy tell you how to celebrate your holiday?

Draconian NWO reset is just around the corner. All they need to do is drop another bio weapon and people will be begging to give up even more independence, agency, freedom, and willpower.

Update 4.26.2021

California governor GAVIN NEWSOM officially has one foot out the door.

Recall enters final stage: www.foxnews.com...

I guess Bruce-Kaitlyn Jenner will take Newsom's place?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join