It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudden realisation about Trump.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I'll take the one without a state monopoly on healthcare and mess with my boom sticks.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

Watch "Idiocracy".

Yes, the leftist utopia, where pictures are needed for medicine. Not sure what your point was.

You think he had a point? lol

He still doesn't understand that Trump is there because he promised to shake up the status quo and that he did. If he wins this time there will be more shaking that tree and hopefully the big rats will fall out of it this time.

Tree rats?

Perhaps the shake-up will happen after this next term of office, or the next, or the next...

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I'll take the one without a state monopoly on healthcare and mess with my boom sticks.

Are you sure he won't just change his mind (again)?

Trumpcare.com

Trump on gun reform: ‘Take the guns first, go through due process second’

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Watch "Idiocracy".

Yes, the leftist utopia, where pictures are needed for medicine. Not sure what your point was.

It has 'electoralytes', it's what plants crave.

(Have you noticed that all the citizens in Idiocracy were all pretty much slack jawed yokels? Which side of the American political divide looks like that?)

The left

Why?

(Basing ones false reality on a movie now?
It gotten that bad for you guys. Laughable)

Look at the reputation of the greater populace of the 'red' states. Look at the attendees of the Charlottesville "Unite the Right" rallies.

But both candidates are heading campaigns that look like something out of the movie. Neither look like intelligent, capable and concerned administrators.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Watch "Idiocracy".

(Have you noticed that all the citizens in Idiocracy were all pretty much slack jawed yokels? Which side of the American political divide looks like that?)

The left

Why?

Look at the reputation of the greater populace of the 'red' states. Look at the attendees of the Charlottesville "Unite the Right" rallies.

But both candidates are heading campaigns that look like something out of the movie. Neither look like intelligent, capable and concerned administrators.

If you think the right is nothing but stupid rednecks as your post implies, you’re more ignorant than what I thought.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The Democrats backing civil unrest is what is causing it to increase, these people think they are protected by the Democrats. These protestors are just fools to toss under the bus when the Democrats get power, if they do not obey the Democrats they will go to jail or be attacked by the national guard because the Democrats are going to demand they stop or else.

There is no justifiable reason for riots, looting, and arson. Peaceful protest gets more accomplished in this country. Rioters and looters are not civil, they are not good for any society. Large peaceful protests with no civil unrest are better if you want to accomplish anything.

The democrats will give the blacks very little of anything if they win the election, they will just toss a little money at certain programs, not create more jobs for them. As it is, if Democrats win, we will be importing most of the technology from China and other cheap labor countries, but biden will support making masks here so people will be dependent on the Democrats for personal protection gear.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Watch "Idiocracy".

The left

Why?

If you think the right is nothing but stupid rednecks as your post implies, you’re more ignorant than what I thought.

No, there are some academics, and some in suits, and some with shaven heads and skinny jeans - on both sides.

... and, if the Democrats are the pro-slavery party, why do so many right-wingers carry those confederate flags? Just something to think about...

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Watch "Idiocracy".

The left

Why?

No, there are some academics, and some in suits, and some with shaven heads and skinny jeans - on both sides.

... and, if the Democrats are the pro-slavery party, why do so many right-wingers carry those confederate flags? Just something to think about...

I live in a very Red state and I have never seen a confederate flag flown here but you wouldn’t know that living in NZ. Confederate flags aren’t flying everywhere because “Red”. I understand that this is what you’ve been spoon fed to believe but it’s far from the truth. Besides, this is America and we can fly any damn flag we want, we still have that freedom and its one we intend to keep.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The democratic party is not the pro-slavery party. There was indeed a switch that occurred gradually at times and quickly at times to create the 2 parties we have now. The south was dominated by democrats during slavery times and today it is dominated by republicans. Not all republicans are white supremacists but enough of them are and the party tolerates it. I think the republican party as it is now is dead. My motivation in this election is not Joe Biden but Trump. On Tuesday I feel you will see the country unite against Trumpism and what it represents. God willing.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
The democratic party is not the pro-slavery party. There was indeed a switch that occurred gradually at times and quickly at times to create the 2 parties we have now. The south was dominated by democrats during slavery times and today it is dominated by republicans. Not all republicans are white supremacists but enough of them are and the party tolerates it. I think the republican party as it is now is dead. My motivation in this election is not Joe Biden but Trump. On Tuesday I feel you will see the country unite against Trumpism and what it represents. God willing.

I would hope that more people see reason and question why they have a choice between those two. Perhaps the platforms of the two big parties have now been disrupted enough that they need a refresh to stay relevant.

Perhaps a minor party or an independent has a shoe-in?

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

" Sudden realisation about Trump."

The Majority of American Cats Are Talking About Voting for Trump ...

Make American Cat Food Taste GREAT Again ,,,,,,,,,

That Settles it !

edit on 1-11-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well the framers did a pretty good job with the constitution considering they had no examples to consider but it could be better. Unfortunately we are stuck at the moment with a 2 party system that cannot end without changes. Some possible solutions would be to take money out of politics or another could be to require everyone to vote. a reply to: chr0naut

edit on 1-11-2020 by ras321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Most people fly the confederate battle flag as a symbol of rebellion and independence. Nobody believes we need to bring back slavery.

I don't advocate for displaying it because I see it as bailing the country like a quitter. A person should have the right to display it though. I don't like how liberals try to tell you what something means, and then act out irrationally based on an idea in their mind.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Well the framers did a pretty good job with the constitution considering they had no examples to consider but it could be better. Unfortunately we are stuck at the moment with a 2 party system that cannot end without changes. Some possible solutions would be to take money out of politics or another could be to require everyone to vote. a reply to: chr0naut

I think also that the size of the job of administering a modern country requires a significant hierarchy of administrators, and that independents or even small parties would be swamped by the scope of such a job.

However, an independent could sail through if they had cooperation with other branches of government and with the public servants under the Executive branch. Partisanship and the generally entrenched disunity is detrimental to good administration.

To expect a single person to be able to do a good job of understanding all aspects, of all issues, and to adjudicate fairly and optimally in every circumstance, is an unreasonable fantasy, but one that has always been applied to political leaders in the public mind.

edit on 1/11/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26
Most people fly the confederate battle flag as a symbol of rebellion and independence. Nobody believes we need to bring back slavery.

I don't advocate for displaying it because I see it as bailing the country like a quitter. A person should have the right to display it though. I don't like how liberals try to tell you what something means, and then act out irrationally based on an idea in their mind.

I understand that the initial issue was one of the state rights and sovereignty and that the slavery issue was the 'cause celebre' within that, but that was 150 years ago.

The USA still has rioting based upon an assumption of racial disparity, and BLM, and so forth. It's still clearly a 'hot issue' for very many Americans.

And the association in the public mind, between the Confederate battle flag/s and racism, slavery, and opposition to modern civil rights, is still quite strong.

The flags once stood for state rights but now they represent the 'losing side' part of the history of America's struggle against unequal laws, which they (like every other country in the world) still have.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The democratic party is not the pro-slavery party. There was indeed a switch that occurred gradually at times and quickly at times to create the 2 parties we have now. The south was dominated by democrats during slavery times and today it is dominated by republicans. Not all republicans are white supremacists but enough of them are and the party tolerates it.

That is one of the most ignorant statements I've ever heard. Democrats have not given up their racism and intolerance, neither have Republicans taken up those stances.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Trumpcare.com
What's your point? I went to the link, didn't see anything bad, weird or strange.

Yeah, I really hated what he said there, but I think he has realized how bad of an idea it was (red-flag laws), as I haven't heard anything more on it.

But again, yes, I hated and am totally opposed to what he said there.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Trumpcare.com
What's your point? I went to the link, didn't see anything bad, weird or strange.

Yeah, I really hated what he said there, but I think he has realized how bad of an idea it was (red-flag laws), as I haven't heard anything more on it.

But again, yes, I hated and am totally opposed to what he said there.

Well my take is different than yours,

eg, I think that the USA is a rich country. Every citizen should just get the best healthcare that can be provided. It's that simple. Doesn't really matter how they do it.

... And with gun laws, I don't mind if some people have guns, especially officers of the law or defense forces, or those that legitimately do it for sport or for hunting, if only we could ensure that 'the fruitcakes' among us don't shoot at others, or themselves.

... but I think we should hold politicians to their promises and not grant them any leeway when they vacillate or just plain abandon what they promise.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Drumpf (trump) is not
the american apple-pie that
some folk think , he is definitely a
Sloveniac turnip stew.
slovenia turnip stew

Joe Biden is home-made
as American Apple Pie
Home Made

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't categorize it as "good" or "bad"; but I agree Donald Trump has been the biggest agent of change in American politics in my life time.

It's interesting that so many people, angre over being abandoned by their government in some way or another, are set to vote in a man that has represented that government and all its fault for the last 40 years.

They say the definition of insanity is preforming the same action over and over and expecting a different result. By this definition voting for a person like Joe Biden is insanity. Putting the same tired, bought and paid for politicians back into power over and over again is not going to change anything for the better... no matter how much they might tell you how this time will be different.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join