It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Republicans Ask Federal Judge to Throw Out 117,000 Legally Cast Ballots

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It's crunch time for election season and Republicans seem to be getting desperate.... even in traditionally red Texas:

Texas Republicans have asked a federal judge to throw out at least 117,000 ballots cast in Harris County, a heavily Democratic area that has experienced an unprecedented surge in early voting this month. The brazen effort to undo legally cast ballots in a diverse, populous county is an eleventh-hour attempt to diminish Joe Biden’s chances of carrying the swing state on Nov. 3. Republicans claim that Harris County’s use of drive-thru voting violates the U.S. Constitution, requiring the judge to throw out every ballot cast this way—more than 117,000 as of Friday.

I mean how dare you try and make voting convenient? It's quintessentially AMERICAN to give up your family time, travel miles and wait hours outside to cast a single vote, right? If 81 year old Bob can do it in rural Wyoming, why can't Tanya from Dallas who has 3 kids and one busted up car?

Because Texas strictly limits mail-in voting, Harris County—which has a population of over 4.7 million people—has sought to make in-person voting safer during the pandemic. Harris County Clerk Chris Hollins, who runs the county’s elections, established 10 drive-thru voting locations for the 2020 general election. Drivers pull into a large tent, where election officials confirm their identity, then give them privacy to vote. The process has proved wildly popular.

Harris County raised the idea of drive-thru voting in June, and Texas Secretary of State Ruth Hughs promptly approved it. The county tested it in July and approved it in August. Yet Republicans did not contest drive-thru voting in court until Oct. 15, two days after the start of early voting. On that day, the Harris County Republican Party, joined by several GOP operatives, asked the Texas Supreme Court to halt drive-thru voting.

Source

Texas is polling awfully close between Biden and Trump, just 5 or so days before voting closes. Even if Trump is still the favorite, the fact Biden even has a significant chance is akin to the GOP turning Cali red, which would be an absolute no no for the dominating party. I get it, they're nervous, but this still stinks to high heaven.

Edit:link

edit on 31-10-2020 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

+45 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You may want to use Google (which is your friend!!!) to look up the people arrested in Texas this month for voter fraud schemes for the Democrats, the amount of charges, the Biden campaign member busted for voter fraud in Texas this week, the woman caught bragging about buying 7,000 ballots that she was going to fill out for Biden this week in Texas...

And those are just the ones who have been caught so far.

So who is the desperate party in Texas right now?

edit on 31-10-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Isn't Harris County also where they eliminated all drop boxes except for 1? For 4 million people. No easy access bus route to it either which also makes it even harder for some to vote.

I saw this earlier. Between that and a city in NC pepper spraying a group including children that had a legal permit to hold a protest and then walk to the polls to vote, which of course they forced them to disperse before they could vote, it seems there is definitely some nervousness. I tried to tell people that laughed at Biden rally crowds. The Dems put their enthusiasm in getting people registered and voting.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Isn't Harris County also where they eliminated all drop boxes except for 1? For 4 million people. No easy access bus route to it either which also makes it even harder for some to vote.

I saw this earlier. Between that and a city in NC pepper spraying a group including children that had a legal permit to hold a protest and then walk to the polls to vote, which of course they forced them to disperse before they could vote, it seems there is definitely some nervousness. I tried to tell people that laughed at Biden rally crowds. The Dems put their enthusiasm in getting people registered and voting.

It was for one county for absentee ballot dropoff.

It seems in that particular county, Democrats suddenly didn't know how to use their mailbox or go online or vote in person.

But it's voter suppression!!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You may want to use Google (which is your friend!!!) to look up the people arrested in Texas this month for voter fraud schemes

So you make an accusation that is completely separate to the ballots in question that were legally cast, you fail to provide a single source, not to mention the fact the complaint by the GOP are the way these ballots were cast, not whether or not they are related to voter impersonation?

Talk about a stretch. You've gone a few 100 miles with that Lum.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Did you not realize she mentioned Republican and Democratic candidates? The one voter she actually mentioned was her aunt. Would you like examples of Republicans involved in voter fraud? It happens in both parties. Trump's fraud investigation group found nothing and quietly disbanded.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I’m pretty sure you already know this, Guardian.

Trump the money piglet
wants us fellow money piglets
to die voting
so he can get all the money.

# 1199

edit on 31-10-2020 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Trump's fraud investigation group found nothing and quietly disbanded.

Oh Lum doesn't care about this. All she cares about is limiting as many potential Democrat voters as possible, at any means, hence the desperate deflection attempts.

This was never about rights to them. It's about maintaining control at any cost. You simply have to look at their messiah's comments on accepting the elections. He refused to accept the results at any measure if it's against him.

Fascists, plain and simple. And they know it deep down.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Who can vote online? That would be nice. So 1 absentee ballot box for 4 million people is reasonable? Why did they remove them? Especially after we had DeJoy completely messing up the postal service?

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

You may want to use Google (which is your friend!!!) to look up the people arrested in Texas this month for voter fraud schemes

So you make an accusation that is completely separate to the ballots in question that were legally cast, you fail to provide a single source, not to mention the fact the complaint by the GOP are the way these ballots were cast, not whether or not they are related to voter impersonation?

Talk about a stretch. You've gone a few 100 miles with that Lum.

~yawn~

The only ~stretch~ in our conversation is the thought that you could actually use an internet search engine to easily disprove anything that I have said.

But you cannot.

No... my problem is that my patience has been stretched too thin by taking the time to spoonfeed you actual facts backed up by links over and OVER and over....

Then you never reply to them and then start another thread spewing the same BS.

Which you have done to me repeatedly in the past here.

You are not, at this point, worth my time to attempt to educate.

Or re-educate, or whatever.

But keep posting and I'll keep giggling...

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Yes that's true. I knew when you posted this, that although what occurred is wrong, it will be defended vigorously regardless, unless it impacted a strictly red area of the state. Then it would be "deep state!" " Devil worshipping fraudulent Dems!"

+7 more 
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Who can vote online? That would be nice. So 1 absentee ballot box for 4 million people is reasonable? Why did they remove them? Especially after we had DeJoy completely messing up the postal service?

In Texas you can vote via absentee ballot online, by mail or by dropping off your ballot.

So this is only an issue if Democrats for some odd reason need more drop off boxes...

Why would they need that?

link   

No... my problem is that my patience has been stretched too thin

No Lum, your problem is that some people are allowed to vote, and that they will vote a way you don't approve of, and you're unhappy. That's it.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Would you like links? The claim you made. She mentioned both Republicans and Democrats. The removal of the additional boxes occured recently, after the issue with the USPS.
Want a link to any of this? Trumps own investigation? Talk about educating.

** The SOS of Texas states absentee ballots must be mailed or dropped in a ballot box. Would you like a link? You can apply for the ballot online.
edit on 31-10-2020 by frogs453 because: Added

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

a reply to: frogs453

Trump's fraud investigation group found nothing and quietly disbanded.

Oh Lum doesn't care about this. All she cares about is limiting as many potential Democrat voters as possible, at any means, hence the desperate deflection attempts.

This was never about rights to them. It's about maintaining control at any cost. You simply have to look at their messiah's comments on accepting the elections. He refused to accept the results at any measure if it's against him.

Fascists, plain and simple. And they know it deep down.

Please explain to me me how I am limiting potential Democratic voters.

You would be funny if you were not so... pitiful.

As far as a party attempting to maintain control at any cost?

THAT is a line from you worthy of a God-like level of irony, considering the actions of the Democratic party since 2016.

The sad part is that you don't even realize that.

So your programming is complete, I guess...

/golf clap

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Please explain to me me how I am limiting potential Democratic voters.

What, so you admit the GOP are wrong in trying to throw out these legally casted ballots?

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You’re being willfully disingenuous and you know it, it’s why you selected a Left leaning Rag, Slate.

Let’s stick to something more local, the Texas Tribune.

The state’s Republican leadership, meanwhile, has stayed silent on the issue.

Some context.
This isn’t a “GOP” lead effort in Texas, in fact, it’s just a couple of Karens if you ask me. Your source doesn’t even list them, because of the emotionally charged language to basically say they can probably get away with this.

The plaintiffs, all Republicans, are conservative activist Steven Hotze, state Rep. Steve Toth of The Woodlands, congressional candidate Wendell Champion and judicial candidate Sharon Hemphill. They argue that the county’s new drive-thru voting sites are an illegal expansion of curbside voting and violate Texas election law and the U.S. Constitution. Curbside voting, a separate option long available under Texas election law, requires workers at every polling place to deliver onsite curbside ballots to voters who are “physically unable to enter the polling place without personal assistance or likelihood of injuring the voter's health.”

Now, the ring leader is none other then Steven Hotze, like every Partisan circle, there are Hyper partisans and he certainly ranks up there, some context on him...

Hotze is an active GOP donor and is one of the most prolific culture warriors on the right. He's a fierce opponent of same-sex marriage and was a key figure in the unsuccessful push for the 2017 "bathroom bill" in the Texas Legislature. This year, he has filed numerous lawsuits seeking to overturn Gov. Greg Abbott’s coronavirus restrictions and block Harris County’s efforts to make it easier for people to vote. And he left a voicemail for Abbott’s chief of staff this summer telling him to shoot and kill people protesting the in-custody death of George Floyd.

Keep in mind, this is also the same Hotze who brought an early lawsuit to the Texas Supreme Court.

As for Polling, the OP should be well aware that Texas is and will always be a Red state, no matter how close it gets, they will never prevail. I’ve been a Texan my whole life, tradition and values are very much king here. Leftist don’t care about that. These same people are the BETO voters, back when they all had BETO signs everywhere, it was close then and that was before a massive GOP mobilization.

Traditional polling is dead as a result of their outdated techniques.

All in all, let the crazy guy throw his money away, I personally don’t mind at all on the drive thru voting, it is subject to the same strict standards that me and my wife had to go through when casting a ballot. Apparently State Republicans agree with me and their Supreme Court. I mean, not all of those ballots were purely Biden, lmfao.

Source: www.texastribune.org...
edit on 31-10-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

No Lum, your problem is that some people are allowed to vote, and that they will vote a way you don't approve of, and you're unhappy. That's it.

No. You just want people to be able to vote in a way that is against current rules and laws. Your reason is so that people with busted down cars can vote.
If you want your kind to be able to change the rules so they can cheat, think up a better reason next time.
Too funny.

edit on 31-10-2020 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Projection from you again, as always.

I would love for every American to get a vote in.

What I don't like is Democrats doing ballot harvesting in Texas and other states to steal votes from people in nursing homes to forward their own agenda.

Your party literally steals American votes from people in nursing homes.

Which you are quite fine with I guess... as long as those people in a coma vote for your party then they are nice people!!!

You are a rather disgusting political hack.

Which explains your popularity on this site.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
LOL it's likely to get tossed, this is what happens when you get lawyers involved they got to earn their paychecks too. Just a good ole Texas purple nurple to make then Democrats squeal one more time before the election. Likely it's a diversion to cover up some other stuff, or you keep bringing up cases till something sticks, its really American politics 101. Besides Texas Democrats invented corruption..

www.politico.com... 0/donald-trump-2016-rigged-nixon-kennedy-1960-214395

excerpt from the article

In 1941, LBJ very likely out-polled his primary opponent in a special Senate election, only to see his political enemies steal the election in a classic case of ballot-box stuffing that dragged on for days on end. Seven years later, Johnson returned the favor in what was almost certainly a rigged election. Days after the election, officials in Precinct 13, Jim Wells county, discovered 200 uncounted votes, cast by voters who mysteriously signed in by alphabetical order, all in the same handwriting. It was the most egregious example of widespread, systematic fraud, most pronounced in counties under the thumb of Johnson’s political ally, George Parr. Caro has argued convincingly that Johnson’s team won by dubious means.

To be fair, nobody’s hands were clean in the 1948 Senate election. But if anyone was capable of manipulating the returns in Texas, it was Lyndon Johnson. In 1960, Precinct 13 returned 1,144 votes for John Kennedy and just 45 for Richard Nixon. The Democrats carried Webb County by a lopsided margin of 10,059 to 1,802. In total, Kennedy-Johnson won the nine counties that Parr and his allies controlled by 21,691 votes.
edit on 31-10-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join