It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even the Blue Moon Turned Red

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Funny anecdote. Tonight on our way home there was a large glorious moon on the rise. It went from very dark red to a lighter shade of red as finally rested on its normal coloring.

We remarked how it is the Hunters Moon, also a blue moon.

Couldn't help but laugh in this climate that even the blue moon, turned red.

Then I popped the eerily similar candy corn that looks like Trump when turned upside down and down my throat hole as we rode on.

Happy Halloween

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Picture didn't really do it justice, looked a lot redder to my eye than the picture

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

What kind of camera did you use?

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
I just got a nikon b500, probably considered midgrade at best. Wish I had a top end one that could take raw images. It's a step up from the $80 piece of crap I had before it though, that's for sure! First camera I had that could take a picture of the moon that didn't just look like a big glowy blur

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

That’s a great pic!

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Just a hunch we are gonna see more red Tuesday night ...

RIP(NP)

edit on 31-10-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The big full moons this election do tend to worry me. In history the term lunatic is said to come from the moon and the behaviors of society being out of norm.

I would say nope us humans are responsible for our own behaviors but nope responsibility for burning looting killing is explained away that its our heroes faults.

intresting read www.tandfonline.com...

and www.tandfonline.com...

Data were gathered in a large metropolitan area over a period of one year as to nine categories of 34,318 criminal offenses committed during the phases of the full moon and non full moon. It was found that the eight categories of rape, robbery and assault, burglary, larceny and theft, auto theft, offenses against family and children, drunkenness, and disorderly conduct occurred significantly more frequently during the full moon phase than at other times of the year. Only the category of homicide did not occur more frequently during the full moon phase. The results support further exploration and research related to cosmic influences on man's behavior.

edit on 31-10-2020 by tinktinktink because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2020 by tinktinktink because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinktinktink
The big full moons this election do tend to worry me. In history the term lunatic is said to come from the moon and the behaviors of society being out of norm.

I would say nope us humans are responsible for our own behaviors but nope responsibility for burning looting killing is explained away that its our heroes faults.

intresting read www.tandfonline.com...

and www.tandfonline.com...

Made me think of this and its Halloween after all..

Good horror movie from my youth

Data were gathered in a large metropolitan area over a period of one year as to nine categories of 34,318 criminal offenses committed during the phases of the full moon and non full moon. It was found that the eight categories of rape, robbery and assault, burglary, larceny and theft, auto theft, offenses against family and children, drunkenness, and disorderly conduct occurred significantly more frequently during the full moon phase than at other times of the year. Only the category of homicide did not occur more frequently during the full moon phase. The results support further exploration and research related to cosmic influences on man's behavior.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
We looked at it about an hour ago and it had an orange tinge to it. Definitely not blue, hopefully that's a positive omen.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I got this with my cellphone earlier.

For some reason I forgot to add the photo lol

Your moon picture is awesome by the way.
edit on 31102020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31102020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

It's a good pic

Especially since I'm willing to bet you had to drop quality to keep under 2mb

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Not really seeing why you decided to put this in the pit? Unless your plan was to garnish a bunch of pointless stars.
Please makes an additional thread on a non political forum for those that don't care for political forums.

But either way great pic man

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL

Picture didn't really do it justice, looked a lot redder to my eye than the picture

Looks orange.

It's a bad omen.

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You mean there is a bad moon on the rise?

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: TKDRL

Looks orange.

It's a bad omen.

Cometh Forth Cheeto Man!

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The weather is supposed to be good pretty much all over.

Too bad it's not going to be crappy. That would further discourage certain folks from wanting to get out and vote. I know the really enthusiastic will stand outside for hours in sleet and snow and freezing air risking COVID and catching their death if they felt the future was on the line.

top topics

join