It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a simple question on the early results

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That sounds like a quick visual verification of a properly-filled ballot. We do that by machine. It just spits back out any ballot that can't be read and the polling guy rips it into shreds and tosses them into the garbage without looking at it directly. They actually take great care to not look over the ballot.

I guess Alabama is ahead when it comes to voting integrity...

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
OK, I can buy that.

Are there no Independents any more?

You'd have to look at the overall numbers and do the math to figure out how many there are.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That sounds like what I would expect from your explanation.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Yeah, that's the only way to figure it out, I haven't seen anyone publishing the un-affiliated numbers.

edit on 31-10-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The poll workers in my area (NW suburbs of Chicago) are so busy, they're just doing their job to keep people moving. I had to wait in line 55 minutes 10 days ago. Every day, the line outside is really long. Glad I went when it was 70 degrees.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

So the numbers also do not reflect anyone who switched parties in mid-ballot. That tells me the enthusiasm of the candidates might come into play. I doubt many Republicans will be voting for Biden, but I can easily see Democrats holding their noses and voting for Trump.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

So the numbers also do not reflect anyone who switched parties in mid-ballot. That tells me the enthusiasm of the candidates might come into play. I doubt many Republicans will be voting for Biden, but I can easily see Democrats holding their noses and voting for Trump.

The change would have to have been done back in July, at least in the Florida example I'm using.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Hahaha!

When I go to vote Tuesday, I will be amazed if there are over 10 people there, counting the poll workers. I think it gets a little busier just after first shift lets out, but it's still less than 20 people in a church building with an occupancy of a couple hundred.

The procedure is, you walk in with your ID. You give the first worker your name and show your ID, and they get you to sign next to your name in the rolls. Another worker hands you a ballot and pen/pencil and directs you to the voting area where there are tables set up with dividers. You fill out your ballot and bring it to another poll worker at the machine. You insert your ballot yourself (it takes it from either direction and they are allowed to assist in inserting the ballot), the machine holds it for a moment while it tries to read it, then either spits it back out or increments the vote count. If it increments the vote count, the worker gives you a sticker and thanks you for voting; if it spits it back out he will rip it to shreds, toss it in the garbage, give you a new ballot, and show you how to properly fill it out.

There is also usually a deputy at every polling station watching the watchers.

At the poll close, they open the machine and transmit the race totals to the state office. I think they do so by phone, but I'm not sure. Then the ballots are gathered up, boxed up, and shipped to the main office in case there's a recount. That may be by private courier; again, I'm not sure.

People without an ID can still vote, but their votes are marked "provisional." Without ID, at least three non-family members have to vouch for your identity. I don't know that procedure as I never went through it. Come to think of it, I've never seen anyone else go through it. We know how to get ID in Alabama.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

It's only tracking your current registered affiliation, not who you voted for.

OK, I can buy that.

TheRedneck

electproject.github.io...
As somebody mentioned check out this site, some states know the number of registered voters by the party that requested votes but some states don't do that. There is also the theory that Democrats use mail-in voting to a 2 to 1 or higher ratio than the Republicans that are not being shown in a lot of states this go around. Or at least that's the speculation. Yes, there are loads of independent ballots out there too. How accurate is it? I don't know but it's fun to watch.
edit on 31-10-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If anyone knows how they are getting these numbers, I would be very interested to learn from you.

Take a state like Florida which allows early counting up to 27 to 30 days before the election, these votes have already been tabulated and the total voter's party affiliation, if any, is already known to election supervisors.

Reported yesterday that Trump is beating Biden (so far) in MIAMI, of all places.

Not a surprise

I won’t be surprised when Trump beats bidEn in California as well

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I am extremely curious about something concerning this election. This is an honest search for an answer.

We have the right to vote by secret ballot, right? As in, when I go vote, I am directed to a small cubicle they set up so people can vote in complete isolation. My wife has wanted to ask me a question at ties when we were voting, and she wasn't allowed to because we have to each vote in our own little area free from outside influence. Even mail-in ballots have all these different envelopes, including a security envelope to prevent anyone from knowing who someone voted for until it is opened and verified.

So no one knows, and I mean no one, how I voted. No one knows, and I mean no one, how my wife voted. We talk afterward and we believe each other, but there is absolutely no way to know for certain. The ballots are all identical and do not contain my name or any PII (Personally Identifiable Information). They get fed into this machine that tallies the votes, and no one even sees the ballot until it is safely tucked away in a stack with hundreds of others.

The count here is not even accessible until the polls close. The machine doesn't show how many Democrat or Republican votes have been cast, only how many total votes have been cast. The counter increments by one when I feed it my ballot, and all that does is verify that my ballot was accepted. If it's not accepted, it rudely spits it back out at me, the ballot is ripped up in front of me without looking at my markings, and I am given a new ballot to try again.

So how does anyone know how many Democrats or Republicans have voted early?

I get that yes, they know who sent in a ballot... their name (signature) must be on it. Someone could conceivably look up that name in the Registrar's Office and see how they are registered. But what about Independents like me? I never see how many Independents have voted. Also, I didn't think they were supposed to start tallying the ballots until Tuesday in most states? So how do they know who sent their ballots in? And who is searching the Registar's records for party affiliation of all these names? What is it now, 86 million or so early votes? Someone's been working overtime!

Is someone doing polls to find this out? If so, those polls are just as unreliable and skewed as any other poll. Also, again, where are the numbers for Independents?

Nothing about this early voter turnout that is being reported makes sense to me. Isn't the whole point to not know until election day the way the vote itself is going, to prevent affecting those who haven't voted yet?

If anyone knows how they are getting these numbers, I would be very interested to learn from you.

TheRedneck

Lets throw in one more thing into the mix...Trump won 27% of the votes to Hillary's 28% in 2016 and that means 44% did not vote for either. That is a hell of a lot of "No" votes that many could be Yes this time and it isn't Trump that has changed this last 4 years for the worst.
edit on 31-10-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

We desperately need election reform after this, assuming Trump manages to pull it off (if Biden wins, there will be no stopping election fraud afterward). A few simple things would go a long, long way:
  • Pay election overseers very well for their one day's work.
  • All election overseers must be over the age of 40, have lived in their district for the past 12 years, and been registered as an Independent (no party preference) for the previous six years.
  • All voting in Federal elections is restricted to a single day. Exceptions to be made by appointment only at the Registrar's Office, and that limited to the week prior to the actual voting day.
  • One instance of failure as an election overseer, and you are barred for life from ever getting that job again.
  • Regular police visits to polling stations in plain clothes.
  • All voting machines should be standardized... they display number of votes only. Programming must use integer values for all vote tallies. No internet connection.
  • No votes without a paper ballot to back them up.
  • Voter ID requirements Federally. Free voter IDs also mandated for the poor.
  • Mail-in votes must be requested.
  • Overseas military are exempted from the requirement for ballot requests. The military can coordinate this with the Registrar. Ballots are handled by the military until they reach the Registrar's Office.
  • A conviction for voter fraud is a mandatory life sentence in a Federal penitentiary. No parole.
  • Death certificates automatically transmitted to the Registrar's Office and removed from the polls.
  • Names are removed from the voting rolls upon a Postal Change of Address form outside the present district(s).
  • Failure to vote for a six-year period results in a certified letter sent to the last known address. If there is no response within 90 days, their name is removed.
  • Media are prohibited from publishing any statistical statement concerning actual votes being mailed in.
That should stop the problem, at least the bulk of it.

TheRedneck

You are a monster. How dare you suggest all these completely sensible and logical election security measures.

I think a life sentence is a little too extreme but other than that I agree with all of it.

I'll be waiting for us to be called racists.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Cross reference name/signature on outside mailing envelope with county voter registration record to authenticate voter eligibility. If valid, the signed mailing envelope is opened, and the super-duper secret envelope (no identifiers whatsoever) with ballot secured inside is added to pile, not to be opened before 7 AM on election day.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Update Florida: twitter.com...

Update North Carolina: twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Why was a guy on a pole when you went to the poll ?

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

OK, I can buy that.

TheRedneck

Independents/Undeclared (depending on the State) are the largest voting block and have been for a long time now. Between 40-43% depending on which polls you believe.

It's the Independent vote the candidates are vying for. They have the straight ticket voters in their hip pocket. We Independents are the real power. We only let the partisans think they are in control.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

OK, I can buy that.

TheRedneck

Independents/Undeclared (depending on the State) are the largest voting block and have been for a long time now. Between 40-43% depending on which polls you believe.

It's the Independent vote the candidates are vying for. They have the straight ticket voters in their hip pocket. We Independents are the real power. We only let the partisans think they are in control.

Which is also, funnily enough, why most of the polls can't be trusted. They consistently underpoll Independents.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
They "the media and pundits" are assuming like most past elections that high early voting leans heavy to democrats based on historical data. That is their second mistake.

It has nothing to do with them being able to tell actual numbers other than the total number of ballots. They are simply making an assumption. The LOLs will be epic on Tuesday when Trump wins in a historic landslide.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

I hope you're right!

We will be voting early Tuesday, and it will not be for Biden.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, that's the only way to figure it out, I haven't seen anyone publishing the un-affiliated numbers.

What's to figure? The rally crowds say it all yes? Only way Trump loses if other side cheats. Go on agree for once and be honest.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join