It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruh Roe Joe - Biden Aides See Warning Signs in Black, Latino Turnout So Far

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I know there has been some suggestion that the record early voting in 2020 election is a good omen for the Biden-Harris campaign. However, upon further analysis, some of the metrics regarding who has and hasn't voted so far paints a different picture.

Officials in the DNC are concerned about the low voter turnout in black and latino voters so far

What does the data tell us? Difficult to say at this point IMO. In the eyes of Democratic pollsters, though, this is concerning, as they apparently were expecting that demographics typically comprising their base would turn out the vote early, and that large numbers of early voters among minorities would portend good things for Biden-Harris.

Senior officials on Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s campaign are increasingly worried about insufficient Black and Latino voter turnout in key states like Florida and Pennsylvania with only four days until the election, according to people familiar with the matter.

Despite record early-vote turnout around the country, there are warning signs for Biden. In Arizona, two-thirds of Latino registered voters have not yet cast a ballot. In Florida, half of Latino and Black registered voters have not yet voted but more than half of White voters have cast ballots, according to data from Catalist, a Democratic data firm. In Pennsylvania, nearly 75% of registered Black voters have not yet voted, the data shows.

The firm’s analysis of early vote numbers also show a surge of non-college educated White voters, who largely back President Donald Trump, compared to voters of color, who overwhelmingly support Biden.

The situation is particularly stark in Florida where Republicans currently have a 9.4% turnout advantage in Miami-Dade County, a place where analysts say Biden will need a significant margin of victory to carry the state.

My feeling is that the pollsters are jumping to conclusions a bit. Just because minority voters haven't participated in early voting doesn't mean they won't show up in force ON election day. The topic of discussion in 2020 has been the high potential for fraud, ballots going missing and various other concerns for voting by mail. It's not a stretch to consider minority voters are well aware of these things, and want their vote to count, so they are voting in person, as many on this board will do.

That said, the DNC pollsters do see warning signs, and the statistics they feel would be indicative of promising early turnout do not seem to be aligning with the facts on the ground.

I have a feeling there are going to be more twists and turns to this election than the plot of an M. Night Shyamalan movie.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Who saw that coming ?
LoL

MORE than you KNOW

People are going to be SHOCKED
.. keep in mind not everyone will be shocked LoL

edit on 10312020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Sure, that is one interpretation of the data, that minority voters are turning on Biden, and will vote Trump, and that is what the DNC pollsters are afraid of.

It could also be that the demographics historically supporting the Democrats are sitting this election out, for any number of reasons (not happy with any political choice, fear of the virus for in person voting coupled with lack of trust in the mail voting apparatus).

And still another interpretation is that the DNC voters have just skipped early/mail in voting but will turn out on election day and vote according to their historical party affiliation.

No firm conclusions can be drawn, but interesting that the Biden people noted this and a story was published on it, which in MSM parlance, is a call to action to their readers. Let's see if they respond as the MSM demands and expects them to.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I'm sure it's a combination of things. I can't think of a "cultural" reason why early voting would be more predominant in one segment of the population, as opposed to another.

What's not open to interpretation, however, is the fact that Trump is attracting both black, as well as hispanic voters in numbers never seen before by a republican candidate in modern politics. Combine this with your premise that many minority voters may just sot this one out. Let's face it, Biden is not particularly inspiring.

I'm a white Anglo, but I could see how Biden might come across as insulting to the black voter.

Honestly, I think this race is not close. The MSM polls have been crap for the last twelve months by design. The reason they are tightening now, is they will look foolish if they miss by double digit margins.

I have never seen this type of grass roots enthusiasm in any politician, and make no mistake, Trump's base is grass roots. The RNC is just the organizational hierarchy that runs the railroad.

Look at rabid support at his rallies. People waiting outside venues overnight, in the rain!!! Overflow crowds of many thousands. Fills airport hangers seberal times a day.

It's like hippies to a Stone's show in '72.
edit on 10312020 by Mach2 because: Sp

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

I have seen a number of news stories where black rappers/singers/media personalities played coy about whether or not they support Biden. There could be something to this. I wouldn't blame any black person for refusing to vote for Biden after his shameless attempt to culturally coerce them into voting for him.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

And still another interpretation is that the DNC voters have just skipped early/mail in voting but will turn out on election day and vote according to their historical party affiliation.

That seems unlikely because for months pollsters have identified Democrats as much more likely to use mail-in and early voting.

And just think about it. Who is less likely to want to vote on election day? Biden voters who have been listening to MSNBC and CNN and NBC making it sound like they might die if they go to vote in person on election day, or Trump voters who think this whole virus thing has been overblown?

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I live in a town of 24,000 and I was 2nd in line Thursday morning. By the time I was done there was no one in line.

The process is pretty crazy, hafta sign a covid sheet and put your pen in the unused pen spot(shoulda brought my own), they have one lady signing people in and then another for signing people out.

I'm guessing it's in case they have to trace the virus of someone gets it during that time?

Early voting is at town hall where as regular voting will be at the HS gym, if the processes is anything like early voting, it's going to be a long ass day.
edit on 10/31/2020 by 5ofineed5aladder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
a reply to: Mach2

I have seen a number of news stories where black rappers/singers/media personalities played coy about whether or not they support Biden. There could be something to this. I wouldn't blame any black person for refusing to vote for Biden after his shameless attempt to culturally coerce them into voting for him.

Many aren't even playing "coy". Lil Wayne, among others for example, makes no bones about who he supports, and why.

Obama/Biden did absolutely nothing for the black community. Nothing on prison reform. Nothing on the decay and violence in dem controlled inner cities. Nothing on job, or education programs for minorities.

Biden doesn't deserve thier loyalty as Dem voters. Let's be honest, what is in things like "the green new deal", or higher tax rates for the average black person that just wants to raise his/her family in a safe environment, live their lives, and otherwise be left alone.

This defund the police nonsense is not something most black ppl buy into either. There are areas of the country that are more deadly than an Afghanistan combat zone. Peaceful law abiding citizens of any background don't want that.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
I live in a town of 24,000 and I was 2nd in line Thursday morning. By the time I was done there was no one in line.

The process is pretty crazy, hafta sign a covid sheet and put your pen in the unused pen spot(shoulda brought my own), they have one lady signing people in and then another for signing people out.

I'm guessing it's in case they have to trace the virus of someone gets it during that time?

Early voting is at town hall where as regular voting will be at the HS gym, if the processes is anything like early voting, it's going to be a long ass day.

I never really thought of that. So what do you do if your voting location suddenly gets shut down due to a Covid scare?

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

Obama/Biden did absolutely nothing for the black community.

Oh, I wouldn't say he did nothing. He did pardon/commute sentences for a ton of drug dealers so they could go back to destroying the black community and keeping them dependent on government aid.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I think that's quite likely correct. Dems have consistently polled as much more concerned about the virus than have Republicans. Further, the Dems bet heavily on pushing their supporters toward mail in voting, at least partially based on past tendencies of their voters to choose early voting in disproportionate numbers. And, of course, its a fairly safe assumption that the diehard Dem partisans who despise Trump were always going to rush to the polls as soon as possible to vote him out. If anything, I would not be surprised if Dem turnout on election day is actually down sharply this year, as the partisans have mostly already voted and some of the less enthusiastic left-leaners sit this one out due to covid concerns.

Given that, I can understand why the Dems are starting to panic about several swing states. Dem turnout among minorities and even younger voters seems at least somewhat softer than expected and they don't appear to have built the leads they needed. Meanwhile, GOP turnout is up considerably. Its starting to look a lot more like 2016 than 2008 or even 2012.
edit on 31-10-2020 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You aint black if you vote for Trump.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
If anything, I would not be surprised if Dem turnout on election day is actually down sharply this year, as the partisans have mostly already voted and some of the less enthusiastic left-leaners sit this one out due to covid concerns.

Overall, very good analysis. This part especially would be hilarious because the media will have sunk the Democrats with all their fearmongering.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: vor78
If anything, I would not be surprised if Dem turnout on election day is actually down sharply this year, as the partisans have mostly already voted and some of the less enthusiastic left-leaners sit this one out due to covid concerns.

Overall, very good analysis. This part especially would be hilarious because the media will have sunk the Democrats with all their fearmongering.

That...would be the fricking funniest thing we'd had happen all year if that in fact pans out XD XD

And mulling it over as a possibility, it's not even that far off, either.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

I am surprised by the level of Trump support among younger citizens, at least once you get away from lib collegiate brainwashing institutions.

I think a lot of them supported Bernie as a cool, crazy old white man, but aren't on board with uncool dementia addled old white talking head.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

2 POints,'
1, not all POC are going to vote for Biden and
2) It may not have much effect even if they did since the vast majority of POC live and vote in Dem controlled areas anyway.

A last point, just becuse they never show up at the polls doesn't mean a vote wont be cast in their names......old Dem trick.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
a reply to: vor78

I am surprised by the level of Trump support among younger citizens, at least once you get away from lib collegiate brainwashing institutions.

That's another thing, all the Covid fearmongering is keeping kids out of college. College enrollments are down, and virtual classes just aren't as effect at the brainwashing as in person classes are.

What's gonna happen when millions of young people get a job without a degree and realize all that brainwashing that they MUST go to college no matter what was all lies?

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

2 POints,'
1, not all POC are going to vote for Biden and
2) It may not have much effect even if they did since the vast majority of POC live and vote in Dem controlled areas anyway.

They live in Dem controlled areas, like cities, but some of those cities are in purple states, where it has a huge effect. Democrats need to run up the vote in cities in purple states to offset the rural vote, and failing to turn out enough black vote in those cities can cost them the election. For example, failing to turn out enough black vote in Philly is one of the things that lost Hillary Pennsylvania in 2016.
edit on 31 10 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

There's Latinos for trump, ice cube, 50 cent, lil Wayne for trump, UFC fighter Jorge Masvidal (Cuban) is campaigning for trump, cops DEFINITELY for trump, small business owners for trump. So many cultural influencers supporting trump the news is losing their minds even more. Especially for the rappers, can't call them rascist white supremacists huh? Too bad so sad.

The only endorsement for Biden I've heard is the Hollywood pedophiles (gee, wonder why?) and music industry pedophiles, good company there Joe. Oh and don't forget the great American patriots Obama and Clinton, gosh they are the best. Even Chris Pratt was like "nah" when asked to attend a Biden rally LOL.

The writing is on the wall.

posted on Oct, 31 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Blacks supporting Donald Trump is up to 31%!

www.washingtontimes.com...

The Great Awakening!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join