It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the fine for no health insurance come back under Biden?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Doubling America’s investment in community health centers. Community health centers provide primary, prenatal, and other important care to underserved populations. Biden will double the federal investment in these centers, expanding access to high quality health care for the populations that need it most.

joebiden.com...

More taxes, and fines.

I forgot to say.

IF everyone is going to have 'access to affordable healthcare'

What's the need for community health centers, and planned parenthood?

Biden also talks about it.

There's no possible way to pay for that snip with out taxing the hell out of everyone and fining people if they don't.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thats the thing: our laws do not allow for a third party to be a tax collector.

My employer sends a portion of my pay to the feds every week. They tell me it is taxes.
I pay tax at most of the stores that I shop at, and my phone, internet and various other bills have federal taxes that are collected.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Bloodworth

I mean you could have just got Obamacare as it was free and just not have been fined.
Just sayin

Just so you fully understand this, if I started out the year, with a low income, and qualified for Obamacare, that would be super. But if my income increased during the year, and at the end, I made more than what would qualify me to have said insurance, I would end up being liable for all of the subsidies I received. So the risk for being successful was in the several thousand dollar range.

Just saying.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thats the thing: our laws do not allow for a third party to be a tax collector.

My employer sends a portion of my pay to the feds every week. They tell me it is taxes.
I pay tax at most of the stores that I shop at, and my phone, internet and various other bills have federal taxes that are collected.

Your employer sending in money is not them collecting taxes. Its them remitting taxes on your behalf. The collector is the IRS.

The taxes you pay at stores is sales tax. A different entity collecting taxes. The store is not collecting them, they are paying the sales tax. You may be charged, but they are paying it. If its not turned over to the state, you face no ill consequence, they do.

The same with the taxes collected on phone bills. Its all just sent over.

The insurance thing...that is quite different. Do youre premiums get sent to the IRS? Or is it flowing into the bottom line of a private company?

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
I couldn't, said I was eligible for MNcare, but MNcare said I made too much money even though I'm unemployed and not receiving any benefits. But Obamacare said because I was eligible for MNcare, I had to get them instead.

Love working with the government

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Thry cannot jail everyone.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I mean you could have just got Obamacare as it was free and just not have been fined.
Just sayin

Free??? Having the "free" ACA last year cost us three grand this year.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Yes it will. And whats funny is the exact same people that scream "my body my choice" Are fine with you having no choice to buy health insurance.

Her body her choice unless she doesnt want to wear a mask lol.

The left does not care about any of our rights at all.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Just sayin

Just so you fully understand this, if I started out the year, with a low income, and qualified for Obamacare, that would be super. But if my income increased during the year, and at the end, I made more than what would qualify me to have said insurance, I would end up being liable for all of the subsidies I received. So the risk for being successful was in the several thousand dollar range.

Just saying.

That is EXACTLY what happened to us. Changed jobs in January, no insurance for three months and with my issues we signed up for ACA. Then my new job ins. kicked in in March and at the end of the year the IRS said we owed three grand for the three months we had the ACA because I was making more money. Ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Just sayin

Free? Only if you didn't have a job. For those of us who are middle class, we couldn't juggle the bills to make room for an extra $450 (cheapest) per month and pay $7,500.00 OOP expense for in-network visits. Obamacare, while insuring 20 million more people (very telling), actually knocked roughly 35 to 40 million out of being able to afford it.

ETA: The $450 per month was during year one. It got more expensive each year.

Yep free my ass, and you are right it was about $450 a month year one, then it increased and that was for the bronze level silver, gold and platinum were unattainable on my inconsistent commission check. Noy to mention if I could have afforded the bronze it would have been the first thing dropped when COVID hit.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
That fine was the most unamerican law passed by any POTUS ever.

You would think the left who are supposedly the champions of our personal rights would hate this too.

But thats how brainwashed they are.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Biden will never be president.

But in an alternate universe you can bet the Democrats will fine everyone for every dollar they can get.

Their greedy that way.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: network dude

Just sayin

Just saying.

That is EXACTLY what happened to us. Changed jobs in January, no insurance for three months and with my issues we signed up for ACA. Then my new job ins. kicked in in March and at the end of the year the IRS said we owed three grand for the three months we had the ACA because I was making more money. Ridiculous.

My CPA warned me about this several years ago. It's a gamble with the bad side being betting against yourself bettering yourself. Who would bet like that?

In the old days (said peepaw) I could get individual insurance under $200 a month that was amazing. Family of 5 for $400. now it's way more than that for just individual, and the coverage sucks horribly. it's just a catastrophic plan. I'm guessing I'm not in the minority here, but I honestly don't know.

I do know that if you don't know what your income will be next month, be careful using Obamacare subsidies. They can be as high as $900 a month. Think about having to pay that back for a 12 month period, on a salary that is just over the limit for subsidies. That would devastate some folks.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Erm, this is going to be the least of your worries come least January 2021.

But yes, Biden will reverse everything done over the last 4 years.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Of course, the fine for not having health insurance will be reinstated if Harris gets elected....Biden won't have a choice because Harris's hair smells so good.

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Does Your State Require You to Have Health Insurance?
🤓

As of 2019 the Obamacare Individual mandate – which requires you to have health insurance –no longer applies at the federal level. However, 5 states and the District of Columbia have an individual mandate at the state level.

You may have to pay a penalty for not having health insurance if you live in one of the following:

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

ObamaCare are IS NOT free for all.
It might have been for some but I checked into it
And it wanted me to pay $628 a month for coverage
And that is with Disability Benefits of $867 a month!
Whats free?
edit on 05/07/18 by FreeFalling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Just sayin

Wow I could of gotten it for free? Why did they keep trying to charge me 450 a month?

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Never seen before in history, Obamacare fined people for not having health insurance.

The fine for me was 800-1000 dollars.

Trump got rid of that fine his first year in office, but it took a year or 2 to kick in.

Do people think Biden will bring that fine back.

For many the fine was cheaper then being forced to purchase insurance.

I never liked the idea of being told to pay for something or else you will be fined.

Well I hope so, and I hope they make it hurt like 3 times of what it was before... You young healthy people need to pay for us older people...THAT is what socialized medicine is all about. SOMEONE needs to pay and it will be the young who make the least.

BIDEN 2020!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Instead of fines they will just mandate that you buy a policy. Too many of you hombres don't think you need it, until you do, then the taxpayer gets hit with the bill anyways. By 2022 every American will have health insurance at a cost of no more than 8.5% of your taxable income.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join