It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 19 mask that changed colors when virus droplets come in contact with them.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I was thinking what if some mask were made and distributed by countries that can detect Covid 19 and or other viruses.

The mask would be made primarily by the government and distributed by them as well for free...

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
If there were Covid 19 mask or viral detection mask that changed colors if the person wearing them was infected would that help to slow virus spread?

The mask would also change colors if they came in contact with Covid 19 droplets from outside sources.

So if someone sneezes or coughs in a populated or public area various mask wearers would notice areas on their mask changing colors in areas where the Covid 19 droplets came in direct contact with virus detection mask...

edit on 10/29/20 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Just A NU idea💖
Good luck EA*RTH

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I think it's a great idea, in commercial terms.

I actually clicked the thread expecting a link where to buy it.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Never thought of that but that sure is a good business idea.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
S&F

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
And walk around with the proverbial Scarlet Letter face diaper?

I'll pass, thanks.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Remove yourself and it then self quarantine once detected.

a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

That would be a difficult mask to produce.
This virus is very similar to every other corona virus so they would all likely change the color.

If it was possible it would be much easier to make a vaccine.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Have to attack virus spread from various directions with various ideas.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Remove yourself and it then self quarantine once detected.

More like LMFAO, no. I've spent enough on this #. I'm not paying for that gimmick.

Edit: And it'll be a very cold, snowy, iced over day in hell with frozen margaritas on the house before I EVER trust a freebie mask from the government. Are you nuts or something?
edit on 10/29/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Difficult, but with a US government budget for example not impossible.

a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
As noted in the Op they wouldn't cost you anything.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

As noted in the Op they wouldn't cost you anything.

Scroll up and read my edit. Still a big, fat hell no.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Yet you trust the food, technology, water and education that taught you to speak from your government?
Your point has been made, you dislike the idea.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I don't think COVID is detectable so simply. Consider the following:

There are currently two methods to test for COVID-19: testing for an active infection (standard PCR or rapid test) or testing for past exposure (antibody test).

With Medicare, coronavirus tests cost about $50- $100. With other private health insurance, the amount is 2-3X higher.

Out of pocket costs for coronavirus tests without insurance cost between $1,000- $2,600.

Urgent care centers also offer coronavirus tests for about $353 and this includes lab tests.

Source:

www.talktomira.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Yet you trust the food, technology, water and education that taught you to speak from your government?
Your point has been made, you dislike the idea.

I buy local food only, I'm damn near a Luddite for a Millennial, we filter our water (Michigan, hellooooo) and we homeschool our kids. Any more bias-confirmation assumptions I can poke holes in?

I get it, you think government is both mommy, and a wizard. Your point has been equally made.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   

That's not the point.
For this to work, the virus needs to be broken down to its proteins and whatnot.
If they get to that point you might as well spend the time and money on a vaccine instead of a visual detector.

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

That's not the point.
For this to work, the virus needs to be broken down to its proteins and whatnot.
If they get to that point you might as well spend the time and money on a vaccine instead of a visual detector.

Well I cannot speak too deep on the biological detection technologies for I am not a qualified biological engineer to understand the science involved fully.
I am sure however more qualified educated individuals then ourselves can understand what it may take.

Vaccines take time maybe .5 decades to maybe reach SAFE level distribution, remembers how long AIDS vaccine is/has taken. With the correct scientific minds more qualified then you or myself working together this idea would maybe take .2- .25 decade to design/distribute the bio material detection technologies and the material to attach it to, to make the mask.
edit on 10/29/20 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
No. I don't think you get it that planets like EA*RTH have larger gov like systems that oversee them and or guide their evolution or extinction.

I wish not to waste time arguing your points however if we cannot remain on topic so...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join