It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An idea I have on how to stop government lockdowns in the US over Covid19

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
a reply to: DorianSoran

Masks mean caring now?

They are total bull# and they don't protect anyone from getting it. If they did, then no one would be getting the virus would they?

Seriously? Your logic is seriously flawed.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: summer5

According to some it's Covid-21 that will really bring down the population of this planet.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420
Still isn't a lockdown.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DorianSoran

Every single day pick a company you shop at or eat at or use their services and call their main number and complain that you hate masks and that they are dumb and causing more problems than solutions.

I think if they get enough complaints, they will start to pressure politicians to stop it. Money talks people.

Ummmmm...YEAH, seems VERY logical - oy

Or you care about more than JUST you and wear a damned mask!

Dorian soran

Where's my paycheck?
If you expect me to fake-GAF about you and your mental impotence, I expect ample recompense for unwarranted catering. Make it happen, or it ain't worth my while.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Yeah, bite the bullet and do it all at once, nationwide. Block all travel except where it is essential for life support. Do not open up until new daily infections drop to extremely low levels. If that hasn't happened in 14 days (the normal COVID-19 disease duration), wait a further 14 days. Do not allow exceptions. Treat those who break quarantine as traitors to the country's recovery.

Of course, if you can't coordinate properly, you'll continue to cross-infect and render any regional lockdowns as pointless wastes of time and enormous wastes of money.

You'll also need to keep up a regime of contact tracing and lots of testing to get ahead of seasonal recurrences, but locking 10 or so people into hard quarantine is probably economically manageable even for the USA or the UK.

If someone had had the balls to actually coordinate this right at the start, reacting within hours of confirmation of community transmission, the epidemic would be over and the economic losses minimized.

Look to other countries who have done this successfully.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Masks mean caring now?

They are total bull# and they don't protect anyone from getting it. If they did, then no one would be getting the virus would they?

How many times are we going to go through this? Mask's are not meant to protect the wearer. That's why they say like 80% (?) of the people who get COVID where strict mask users. But, I'd be willing to bet that whomever they caught the virus from was not wearing a mask.

Let's say you're in a room with 50 other people and 2 of them have COVID. If everyone is masked up, your chances of getting the virus are fairly slim. If one person takes off their mask, the chances of getting the virus increase by a small percentage. Another person takes theirs off, odds go up. Your chances will increase with every person who removes their mask.

Bottom line, masks are not bulls##t, but they are most effective if everyone wears them.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

The fact that Nancy Pelosi, in her 80's mind you, gets her hair done while not wearing a mask pretty much tells you how dangerous the coof is!
People like her are scared snipless of death!
Let's not forget Diane Feinstein who is up there in age too, caught maskless in an airport!

Again, masks do very little to protect the wearer. So, sure crazy Nancy felt just fine as long as everyone else in the room was masked up.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
link

originally posted by: chr0naut

Yeah, bite the bullet and do it all at once, nationwide. Block all travel except where it is essential for life support. Do not open up until new daily infections drop to extremely low levels. If that hasn't happened in 14 days (the normal COVID-19 disease duration), wait a further 14 days. Do not allow exceptions. Treat those who break quarantine as traitors to the country's recovery.

Of course, if you can't coordinate properly, you'll continue to cross-infect and render any regional lockdowns as pointless wastes of time and enormous wastes of money.

You'll also need to keep up a regime of contact tracing and lots of testing to get ahead of seasonal recurrences, but locking 10 or so people into hard quarantine is probably economically manageable even for the USA or the UK.

If someone had had the balls to actually coordinate this right at the start, reacting within hours of confirmation of community transmission, the epidemic would be over and the economic losses minimized.

Look to other countries who have done this successfully.

link

I started a thread saying this same thing 2 - 3 months ago.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Why not just nuke the world? That is the only sure way to get rid of the Covid plague.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Ha! If Trump did that from the start and locked you in extreme quarantine you would have screamed HITLER from the roof tops and you know it.

I’m really hoping the President ends this BS on November 4th while the streets are still wet with Liberal tears. He really won’t have to pander to the basement dwellers then.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I don't understand why mask wearing has to be so politicized.

Democrat = masks

Republican = no mask

I am pro-Trump to the core. Yet I am not blinded to the simple logic regarding masks. If I go out in public while unknowingly having COVID, wearing a mask will reduce the chance of spread. Plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Firewater

Democrat = masks

Republican = no mask

I am pro-Trump to the core. Yet I am not blinded to the simple logic regarding masks. If I go out in public while unknowingly having COVID, wearing a mask will reduce the chance of spread. Plain and simple.

Because freedom of choice, ergo end of discussion. This is not smallpox, it's a god damn cold.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Democrat = masks

Republican = no mask

Because freedom of choice, ergo end of discussion. This is not smallpox, it's a god damn cold.

Exactly!! I agree. But, let's be honest about it, making that choice is selfish.

You are putting others at risk for your own comfort.
edit on 10/28/2020 by Firewater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
a reply to: chr0naut

Ha! If Trump did that from the start and locked you in extreme quarantine you would have screamed HITLER from the roof tops and you know it.

I’m really hoping the President ends this BS on November 4th while the streets are still wet with Liberal tears. He really won’t have to pander to the basement dwellers then.

Two weeks outage isn't a lifetime, it's a holiday.

And, I haven't had COVID-19. Only 1,943 New Zealander's in total have ever had the virus.

We accommodate those in quarantine, paid for by the government, in four-star hotels with meals, services, entertainment, and internet connection.

You guys are just failing hard and have believed the social media garbage put forward by kooks and echoed by the ill-informed.

For example, wearing PPE is safer than not, and doesn't mean the end of anyone's freedom.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Strange how the only ones on this thread that are proponents of government control by the US government are not US citizens.
Strange.
Misery loves company ?
edit on 10/28/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Democrat = masks

Republican = no mask

Exactly!! I agree. But, let's be honest about it, making that choice is selfish.

You are putting others at risk for your own comfort.

That's just too damn bad. It's equally selfish & self-centered to make inconveniencing, overreaching demands of others to feel a smidge safer.

I'm not your mommy. It's not my job to watch out for you. If you think it is, again -- I've decided payment is required. otherwise, it's a waste of my time and effort for no tangible gain.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Masks mean caring now?

They would work if people ware them....
Of course they don't work if you don't ware them....what kind of logic is that

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Democrat = masks

Republican = no mask

Freedom of choice....what a douche....
Whit that logic...it would be ok to drive a car at 300mph in a residential zone ....because it's my freedom of choice
In reality I would be charge with reckless driving....people who don't ware mask should be charge with reckless living....

Or
Would you see it as freedom of choice if someone would sleep with people knowingly having aids and not using a condom...
Would you say that it is is freedom of choice and that nobody die from aids anymore...

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
What is strange is you equating people thinking masks are a good idea with government control, just to try and land a zinger.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Wow zombie much??? Your a piece of # for not having already worn a mask your whole life for all the times you caught a Corona virus with the same symptoms, duration, treatment and survivability as whatever decided to float around in 2020. Do you realize how much of a gulible idiot you are ?? I'm shocked you still believe in the terrorist propoganda

Pretty sure a class acttion with thousands of citizens against their local governments for spreading terrorist propoganda is a more powerful solution, and one that cannot actually hold up to scrutiny in a court of law based on both the worded definitions of terrorism and propoganda. Especially when you call in the real experts to testify and use the actual dozens of national institute of health studies basically the concluding the ineffectiveness of masks to stop respiratory illness spread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join