It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden Granted Permanent Russian Residency

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Snowden gave us that evidence and immolated his entire life for it.

To what ends? No one did anything with his evidence. Tip of the iceberg stuff actually.

Does that make everyone in government 'the bad guy'? How do you punish that?

What the government is paying people to do to other Americans is the incentive. I quit that line of work before 'they' could actually store all the data that was collected. They only kept what was legal and what was evidence of crime (there are a lot worse things being done with your tax dollars, BTW). I went elsewhere, made a pile of money ... then found a job where people smiled when I showed up. My old friends in that field are just that ... old friends. They 'keep on keeping on' because they're getting paid and never getting ahead. Sad, ain't it?

I know we don't see eye-to-eye on this one, but being able to disagree courteously sets a good example.

Cheers, Brother!!

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

To what ends? No one did anything with his evidence. Tip of the iceberg stuff actually.

If it wasn't for those revelations we wouldn't have gotten an Appeals Court to rule their practices illegal. In fact, this court ruling undermines the case against Snowden and in many ways vindicates him.

He exposed criminal activity within our government.

Does that make everyone in government 'the bad guy'? How do you punish that?

You do it by holding those who engaged in the criminal activity accountable. I know that's a tall order and a non-starter with regard to justice, but that is presumably the route we SHOULD take. I believe Snowden is key to that.

Sad, ain't it?

It is. For the same reasons I walked away from government work and continue to do so even though the offers never stop.

I know we don't see eye-to-eye on this one, but being able to disagree courteously sets a good example.

It helps that we respect each other already.

posted on Oct, 28 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Edward Snowden should be allowed to come home.

<< 1   >>

join