It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Administration is prosecuting LESS sex trafficking cases than Obama's did

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Federal Prosecution of Child Sex Trafficking Significantly Declined Under Trump Administration: Report

TRAC, a nonpartisan research institute at Syracuse University, has released a new report finding that federal prosecution of child sex trafficking cases has significantly declined since 2017, the year President Trump took office. Comparing case rates over the last three presidential administrations, researchers found the number of cases prosecuted was higher during the Obama years compared to the present Trump administration.

The report

The number of prosecutions for child sex trafficking has significantly declined during the Trump Administration, after climbing steadily during the Obama years. Prosecutions reached a peak of 273 and 277 in FY 2016 and FY 2017, respectively. Since then, the number of cases dipped to 221 in FY 2018, and then continued to decline to less than 200 in FYs 2019 and 2020.

Well there goes the lie that Trump has been going after sex trafficking.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: HighasAkite

Why does this fact checked one say different.

Just did a quick search to see who they are and this TRAC company doesn't seem very transparent.

ETA - Maybe some are prosecuted in State Court not Federal. Look at the big difference in the numbers. Something is off.

edit on 27-10-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Some will prove the Obama "prosecutions" were smaller in "yield".

i.e. more cases, less "quality" (25 watt bulb)

Trump cases bigger fish more "quality" (100 watt bulb) 😎

Both light bulbs look the same at a glance 😎

edit on Oct-27-2020 by xuenchen because: dim bulb bright bulb

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Please .... LoL

Obama did things differently

OhiO

edit on 10272020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Prosecuting sex trafficking is down.

Arrests are up.

I wonder if that correlates to the Soros-funded new breed of local progressive prosecutors.

The ones who won't prosecute rioters, rapists. looters.

Wouldn't surprize me to see these leftists dropping prosecution cases of human/child trafficking.
edit on 27-10-2020 by DBCowboy because: Covid drank my beer

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Who actually believed this was something Trump cared about. A vector for going after prostitution and immigrants... sure. Sex trafficking... hells no.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I just read yesterday that they arrested 150+ people in Ohio for sex trafficking ? Was that news release not true?

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: pizzaphace
I just read yesterday that they arrested 150+ people in Ohio for sex trafficking ? Was that news release not true?

Arrests are up, but prosecutors aren't prosecuting the cases.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Leftists against pedophilia and child trafficking???

It’s like whacky Wednesday

Looks like someone certainly IS as high as a kite
edit on 27 10 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Obama was the bestest
Trump is a xenophobic racist homophobic trans hating misogynist.

Is that what you are looking for?

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Arrests are up, but prosecutors aren't prosecuting the cases.

I am sure that is some of it.

Something is wrong with the OP's numbers.

More people were just arrested in Ohio, than were prosecuted in all of 2019 according to that graph.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Typical fbi...

Protect the Clinton connections that can't be killed off.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Look at the prosecutors.

Are they democrats or republicans?

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

As head of the executive branch Trump is responsible for enforcing laws...he needs to have Barr replace these dysfunctional prosecutors or replace him with someone who will...he is responsible for allowing his AG to allow this to happen.

Edit: If this info that arrests are up but prosecutions are down is true...the fact that they had to say nonpartisan just makes me think they probably are...
edit on 27-10-2020 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes , More Testing , More False Positives . Math does Not Lie , but Unfortunately SOME People Do .....)

edit on 27-10-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I wonder if the child trafficking arrest rates are representative of the illegal immigration across the border?

Illegal immigration was much higher during the Obama years, therefore, more trafficking and more arrests.

I guess restricting illegal immigration across the southern border is an effective PREVENTATIVE for the trafficking in the first place?

Remember the children and not allow them to be trafficked here in the first place. Unless you hate children, you wait until they are here to arrest the small fish traffickers so that your "numbers" look good.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

As head of the executive branch Trump is responsible for enforcing laws...he needs to have Barr replace these dysfunctional prosecutors or replace him with someone who will...he is responsible for allowing his AG to allow this to happen.

Edit: If this info that arrests are up but prosecutions are down is true...the fact that they had to say nonpartisan just makes me think they probably are...

Federal prosecuters sure, but state prosecutors?

That's up to the states.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: HighasAkite
Federal Prosecution of Child Sex Trafficking Significantly Declined Under Trump Administration: Report

TRAC, a nonpartisan research institute at Syracuse University, has released a new report finding that federal prosecution of child sex trafficking cases has significantly declined since 2017, the year President Trump took office. Comparing case rates over the last three presidential administrations, researchers found the number of cases prosecuted was higher during the Obama years compared to the present Trump administration.

The report

The number of prosecutions for child sex trafficking has significantly declined during the Trump Administration, after climbing steadily during the Obama years. Prosecutions reached a peak of 273 and 277 in FY 2016 and FY 2017, respectively. Since then, the number of cases dipped to 221 in FY 2018, and then continued to decline to less than 200 in FYs 2019 and 2020.

Well there goes the lie that Trump has been going after sex trafficking.

I want to call you a moron , BUT I'm not calling you a moron.

you are a person and I respect you.

But there is a simple flaw in your Graphs and statistics here my friend , If you will take notice the Obama statistics are based off of his total 8 years as President while Trumps are only totaled from 4 years so far.

It troubles me that I have to point that out.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The mental gymnastics already happening in this thread are gold medal quality.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow
Good point, he did almost as much in 4 years, as obama did in 8. I would call that a win.

edit on Tue, 27 Oct 2020 19:33:39 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join