It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amy Coney Barrett has been confirmed 52-48

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: xuenchen
Does anybody know if appointing judges and justices for partisan reasons is unconstitutional ? 🦊

Joe Biden now says he's for "rotating" Justices.

www.foxnews.com...

Sounds like he wants to make the Supreme Court dizzy.

NOW I HAVE HEARD IT ALL.

Let's play musical chairs with the SCOTUS.

Is he 6 years old????

Seriously though, how far has his brain atrophied to come up with this idea?

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Wow
Can't win elections
Change the rules

Pffft

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yup. see my post on the previous page along those lines.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
To welcome Amy Coney-Barret, SCOTUS hands Republicans a WIN today.

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yup. see my post on the previous page along those lines.

Very accurate
Don't change your platform or candidates
Change the rules

Nope

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
For those who missed it, a 1 minute video of Justice Clarence Thomas swearing in Justice Amy Coney-Barrett.

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: xuenchen

Well no the election is Nov 3rd and ACA case is Nov 10th.

The ACA case on November 10th is on a technicality in the law. It's not about Repealing it, as the low IQ liberal media kept using as another tool against ACB's confirmation.

The fear-mongers are out in full force around social media claiming freedom is gone, abortions are no longer legal, the ACA is gone, women's rights are gone... I cannot believe there are that many people in this country that are that ignorant. Even IF Barrett wanted to eliminate all of those, which according to her hearing testimony she doesn't, she cannot do it by herself. The supposed 6-3 conservative "advantage" is pure BS. Roberts & Kavanaugh are not proving to be the staunch conservatives everyone said they are. So at best there are three liberal, three conservative and three centrists. That's about as balanced as we're going to get.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Anon283799

Congrats to the new Supreme Court member! Hoping that with her background, experience and wisdom, she'll uphold the Constitution (esp. 1st-A, 2nd-A and 4th-A) and do the right thing when the time comes. We've got some dark and challenging times ahead of us.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Democrat brains are becoming like the leader of their party (Joe Biden), with Amy Coney-Barrett's confirmation.

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Reminder........

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!!!!

You know what to do.
Stay on topic.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

If you feel the need to sling mud....try this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Mon Oct 26 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think she will be a fine judge. She seems to know the laws and will judge things by legality, not her beliefs or beliefs of others.

(post by TKDRL removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: xuenchen
Does anybody know if appointing judges and justices for partisan reasons is unconstitutional ? 🦊

Joe Biden now says he's for "rotating" Justices.

www.foxnews.com...

Sounds like he wants to make the Supreme Court dizzy.

NOW I HAVE HEARD IT ALL.

Let's play musical chairs with the SCOTUS.

Is he 6 years old????

Seriously though, how far has his brain atrophied to come up with this idea?

It’s like playing Constitutional Roulette...it would turn the legal system upside down; or cause endlessly spinning cases awaiting red, black, even or odd Justice combinations.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: azvol
Who would support that?

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The liberal talking heads are going nuts tonight over a simple photo like this, of President Trump and Justice Amy Coney-Barrett standing together on a balcony.

Its an Innocent little Photo, for God's sake: twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Haters gonna hate. Jealousy abounds.
Nothing can appease those with such
bad character. Alas, don't even try.

No reason or logic can be applied to
those who are willfully ignorant.
No reason to try.

Congrats to Judge Amy Coney Barrett!

Three Justices, Three Scoops, Three Terms!
MAGA!

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The problem with the left as @Pyle demonstrated in his posts is that the left is screaming about ALL the bad that Trump and the Senate has done to DESTROY America and they do not understand they are about normal, and even Trump is more liberal moderate than many past Presidents.

There is NOTHING one can point to Trump/senate and not see that the left has done much worst in recent years. They are actually weak in comparison, but today they are the devil...lol

What was OK and even approved by the left in recent years is some horrendous bad crap with Trump.

It gets really hard to even debate this crap....

We are basically down to only now that Trump has killed 220,000 because he didn't mandate masks. This is said as Italy who has been in a perpetual lock down and 100% masked are spiking past America per 100,000.

edit on 26-10-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: miri2019
a reply to: Anon283799

Congrats to the new Supreme Court member! Hoping that with her background, experience and wisdom, she'll uphold the Constitution (esp. 1st-A, 2nd-A and 4th-A) and do the right thing when the time comes. We've got some dark and challenging times ahead of us.

It is well known that using your constitutionally-given powers to do exactly what said powers are supposed to be used for in your capacity as elected head of state is a sign of Fascist Tyranny. Obviously.

edit on 27102020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

It is well known that using your constitutionally-given powers to do exactly what said powers are supposed to be used for in your capacity as elected head of state is a sign of Fascist Tyranny. Obviously.

You call it "tyranny" I call it justice. If, in my book, that head of state starts using the said powers outside the constitution then that's an issue and being originally from a former dictatorial country, I trust my instincts to tell bullsh*t. I don't subscribe to violent means of solving the problems, but for the record, given the dire circumstances that the U.S. is in right now, I'm very much pro 2nd Amendment and I expect the same from the Supreme Court conservatives.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join