It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh look, the flu has mysteriously vanished worldwide

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Nyiah

a reply to: trollz

Lockdowns, social distancing, hand washing, PPE, quarantines &, etc. are all effective against 'flu, just like with COVID-19.

This is why, where these have been effective against COVID-19, they have been effective against influenza.

When you factor in the inevitable deaths that will skyrocket from lack of preventative care this year, it's a #ing wash and you know it. We killed some later, to save some now. That's not a win, that's being deliberately retarded.

People aren't going to catch a pathogen that isn't replicating among the populace. You are acting like 'flu is an inevitability and has nothing to do with disease transmission.

We can beat this one, too!

It is an inevitability, just like a seasonal cold is. Hiding from them doesn't make them go away, they just wait for you to feel "safe" enough to whoop your ass. And the lack of any immune system practice this year thanks to this # is going to be an Achilles Heel.

The intentions might have been good, but they were shortsighted, ill-considered and still lead to hell.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

People around the world should be ashamed of themselves for the way they've acted over China-flu.

Mostly governments, but the people also, the people who should know better.

I will give a pass to the slow folks who don't know any better and have to obey government because they aren't smart enough to think for themselves.

But smart people should know better.

This was only about power and control.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

Lockdowns, social distancing, hand washing, PPE, quarantines &, etc. are all effective against 'flu, just like with COVID-19.

This is why, where these have been effective against COVID-19, they have been effective against influenza.

I don't think you understand this at all.

The Southern Hemisphere had a very light flu season in 2020, with Australia seeing only 315 cases over its winter, down 99.8% from the 130,000 cases seen in most years. But flu experts say that, while the low numbers could portend a similar scenario in the Northern Hemisphere, it would be a foolhardy not to prepare for high caseloads this winter.

You are honestly going to say that by following the guidelines, that aren't followed by everyone, the rate dropped 99.8%.

Read that back to yourself. Now tell me again.

If 'flu requires very close and repeated contact between humans to transmit, then a slight change in social practices could be an absolute block to the transmission of 'flu, and we'd have never known it.

The fact that we've never thought to do this social distancing and other stuff on the scale of entire communities, and yet here is the evidence that it works incredibly well, should inform you that it can do what it is obviously doing.

Otherwise, you have to make up some other weird and 'way-out-there theory' to explain what is evident.

99.8. Even the really, really stupid kids are laughing at your pathetic attempt to back this up.

99.8. Testing is garbage, and if you sneeze, you got the vid. Make the numbers as high as possible for dramatic effect.

Jesus Christ, you should be embarrassed to even be here. 99.8.......Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Testing, of itself, doesn't stop disease transmission.

Clearly, the USA has lots of testing per capita, but the disease ravages on.

Kind of amazing how it's still ravaging on in places with strict restrictions, isn't it? I mean, by all accounts, Italy should have licked it playing Solitary Confinement, but it's in fact biting them in the ass. IMO, they're the prime case study for why the lockdowns & distancing as a preventative measure are complete and utter bunk.

link   

The Southern Hemisphere had a very light flu season in 2020, with Australia seeing only 315 cases over its winter, down 99.8% from the 130,000 cases seen in most years. But flu experts say that, while the low numbers could portend a similar scenario in the Northern Hemisphere, it would be a foolhardy not to prepare for high caseloads this winter.

You are honestly going to say that by following the guidelines, that aren't followed by everyone, the rate dropped 99.8%.

If 'flu requires very close and repeated contact between humans to transmit, then a slight change in social practices could be an absolute block to the transmission of 'flu, and we'd have never known it.

The fact that we've never thought to do this social distancing and other stuff on the scale of entire communities, and yet here is the evidence that it works incredibly well, should inform you that it can do what it is obviously doing.

Otherwise, you have to make up some other weird and 'way-out-there theory' to explain what is evident.

99.8. Even the really, really stupid kids are laughing at your pathetic attempt to back this up.

99.8. Testing is garbage, and if you sneeze, you got the vid. Make the numbers as high as possible for dramatic effect.

Jesus Christ, you should be embarrassed to even be here. 99.8.......Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to run. I have a Twinkie I'm going to slice up and solve world hunger. Everyone get some. I can feed, what, 99.8% of the world?

You jumped the shark boss. Take a shower and call it.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Kind of amazing how it's still ravaging on in places with strict restrictions, isn't it? I mean, by all accounts, Italy should have licked it playing Solitary Confinement, but it's in fact biting them in the ass.

Italy did have the first wave beaten. But the restrictions have been lifted for several months.

Now a second wave is hitting, as of the 25th of October, new lockdown restrictions have come into force. This was probably too late as the rise in the number of cases began at the start of October.

But, if you keep looking at worst cases, I'm sure you can justify doing nothing at all.

IMO, they're the prime case study for why the lockdowns & distancing as a preventative measure are complete and utter bunk.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

When you factor in the inevitable deaths that will skyrocket from lack of preventative care this year, it's a #ing wash and you know it. We killed some later, to save some now. That's not a win, that's being deliberately retarded.

People aren't going to catch a pathogen that isn't replicating among the populace. You are acting like 'flu is an inevitability and has nothing to do with disease transmission.

We can beat this one, too!

It is an inevitability, just like a seasonal cold is.

No, they are pathogens. If no-one transmits the pathogens, no-one new gets the pathogen. That simple.

You don't get a cold or 'flu from the air temperature, you don't get them from the season. They got worse at those times because we did nothing to stop transmission and people did things that made them more transmissible.

Hiding from them doesn't make them go away, they just wait for you to feel "safe" enough to whoop your ass. And the lack of any immune system practice this year thanks to this # is going to be an Achilles Heel.

The intentions might have been good, but they were shortsighted, ill-considered, and still lead to hell.

Our ability to create 'flu vaccines has not been forgotten. Nor have human immunities been compromised. If we miss a season or two of 'flu, the next time it hits, we will form antibodies just the same as if there were intervening seasons of the 'flu. Influenza isn't novel, either.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
When someone came in with flu like symptoms, they tested them for covid and won't test anyone for the flu until they did a covid test around here. By the time the results come back, the flu is gone. The people don't go back to the doctor again.

Last spring, flu deaths went down to almost nothing while covid increased substantually. Flu kills a lot of people with a compromised immune system, so does the common cold and pneumonia. Even if the people died of pneumonia, it was classified as a covid related death, and there was a lot of deception going on with this, they added it to covid deaths...can't actually classify it as caused by two different diseases can you? What happened with dying of old age, all old people have a very weak immune system when they get real old, it is called old age.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I have to run. I have a Twinkie I'm going to slice up and solve world hunger. Everyone get some. I can feed, what, 99.8% of the world?

You jumped the shark boss. Take a shower and call it.

Twinkie (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Twink
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You keep away from me in the shower...

edit on 26/10/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Except it hasn't.

*Regular* flu season is just beginning.

Covid is now spiking in select areas worldwide.
edit on 26-10-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Heard an interesting theory from a doctor on talk radio.

All the increase in cases are easily perdictable when it gets real cold most people go inside, when it gets real hot most people go inside.

Most homes and buisnesses dont keep the best alergen filters on their air systems so you probably have dirty and ineffective air filters, your indoors and its recycled air.

Of course cases will go up.

D3 is the immune modulator. Made from your skin. In the winter less sunlight to the skin equals low D3. Supplementing with D3 is the most effective flu vaccination. What the doctor suggests might help but it is nothing to what I have just said.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Tony Heller made video about this earlyer ...

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If you can get an annual flu shot with several different strains, how come a CV-19 antibody is not available as well...?

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Oh ya covid 19 is being classified as everything. Its more or less politics and used to implement control measures.

I would not worry. There are likely more things to come out of china then the wuhan flu.

Like the black death. In Mongolia it usually comes and goes. But its spreading to china, and once the temperature drops the bacteria which causes it will likely spreed. If on a global scale the temperature drops a few degrees, which it will. Then Yersinia pestis, Its bound to spread.

Have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Except it hasn't.

*Regular* flu season is just beginning.

Covid is now spiking in select areas worldwide.

Read the article in the OP. It helps you not look like you look right now.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
www.scientificamerican.com...

President Trump, a congressman and conspiracy fantasists have repeated the myth. But three kinds of evidence point to more than 218,000 U.S. deaths

the Media, or as we all know, the Propoganda arm of the DNC, makes the claim Trump is wrong when he says the Covid numbers are inflated.

Yet we see that the Flu which used to be a dangerous thing, is now not a thing at all.

remember

During the 2019-2020 influenza season, CDC estimates that influenza was associated with 38 million illnesses, 18 million medical visits, 405,000 hospitalizations, and 22,000 deaths.

www.cdc.gov...#:~:text=aged%20%3C18%20years.-,Conclusion,405%2C000%20hospitalizations%2C%20and%2022%2C000%20death s.

99.8% of that has been erased in Australia. How you may ask? Well, if you listen to paid disinformation agents, it's easy. Wearing masks and social distancing. Even though the use of those tools is sporadic and not always practiced, just the thought of using a mask seems to be enough to make the flu disappear.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
So the real money question is are the total deaths going to be down for 2020 from previous years.

We should close all businesses and schools and all stay home in our basements because it just saves lives!

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I want to see total deaths over the whole year, compared to previous years, then factor in population growth.
Forgetting about any death causes, just number of room temperature bodies. That way we can get a somewhat realistic number of deaths from Covid. There are other factors that play into it, but in general, people die each year, just as people are born.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Its pretty difficult to diagnose flu as Covid, the tests are looking for different viruses.

Now I personally would like to see the WHO source rather than RT.

You would expect lower flu rates this year, social distancing and masks is going to drop flu rates and governments around the world are ramping up immunisation so I would expect a significantly lower prevalence of flu

Wow, internet hard: apps.who.int...

This was known months ago, and was predicted by people as early as May that the flu would be 'rolled into covid' and would disappear.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

But yet the original virus is supposedly spreading like wildfire? Does that make any sense to you? You can't have it both ways.

I can see what you are saying and i am not trying to have to both ways. In truth I am not really sure what is going on.

posted on Oct, 27 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Its pretty difficult to diagnose flu as Covid, the tests are looking for different viruses.

Now I personally would like to see the WHO source rather than RT.

You would expect lower flu rates this year, social distancing and masks is going to drop flu rates and governments around the world are ramping up immunisation so I would expect a significantly lower prevalence of flu

I have a nurse friend who was sick in January this year. She worked in the local hospital, presumed she was sick with the flu, as covid was not even a word yet. She was tested for both strains of flu and tested negative. In retrospect, she had all the covid symptoms, and assumed she had the covid.

Regarding the recent outbreaks in the northern and western states called Covid, my guess is that they do NOT test for flu, and knowing there is $ in a covid diagnosis, they use the bogus PCR test and presume the covid.

It seems highly probable that flu is not even tested for. No money in the flu, but some money in Covid diagnosis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join