It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh look, the flu has mysteriously vanished worldwide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: trollz

I’d love to say something profound here.

But all I got is — it’s all Bullsh!t!

Been saying it since effing February.

Why aren’t people rioting over this?

They are rioting after yet another death of someone due to police brutality.

Wearing seatbelts, warnings of the dangers of smoking, or wearing PPE (like hard hats at a construction site) in situations of risk, are not infringements of human rights.

Speaking of that, wasn't there a case a few days ago in your world where a security guard stood on the throat of a reported shoplifter and almost killed her?

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I’m just gonna cut to the chase. If someone died from the flu, heart attack, suicide, etc. but had Covid 19 at the time, they were counted as a coronavirus death. I know it, you know it and even the people that deny it know it.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: chr0naut

Wearing seatbelts, warnings of the dangers of smoking, or wearing PPE (like hard hats at a construction site) in situations of risk, are not infringements of human rights.

Suggestions for safety....until you enforce them at gunpoint and steal money for it.
Seatbelt tickets are a great example of this.

Yeah, probably a corrupt practice (if the law bothered to prosecute it), but still not an infringement of human rights.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Speaking of that, wasn't there a case a few days ago in your world where a security guard stood on the throat of a reported shoplifter and almost killed her?

Ah, the two wrongs make a right argument.

The security guard has lost his job. The police are investigating the actions of the guard, who, as a member of the public, had no authority to use force. The two female shoplifters have been charged.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I have the feeling you’re writing this from your basement. Wake up dude! You’ve been lied to — and bought it. Hook, line and sinker!

It’s people like you, that when we will look back in our history, after all our freedoms are gone — we can point the blame.

All the masses of stupefied sheeple.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yeah we all know what's going on......

If you have a bad case of the FLU but test positive for COVID.... it's COVID.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Lockdowns, social distancing, hand washing, PPE, quarantines &, etc. are all effective against 'flu, just like with COVID-19.

This is why, where these have been effective against COVID-19, they have been effective against influenza.

I don't think you understand this at all.

The Southern Hemisphere had a very light flu season in 2020, with Australia seeing only 315 cases over its winter, down 99.8% from the 130,000 cases seen in most years. But flu experts say that, while the low numbers could portend a similar scenario in the Northern Hemisphere, it would be a foolhardy not to prepare for high caseloads this winter.

You are honestly going to say that by following the guidelines, that aren't followed by everyone, the rate dropped 99.8%.

Read that back to yourself. Now tell me again.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow
Yeah we all know what's going on......

If you have a bad case of the FLU but test positive for COVID.... it's COVID.

That’s something I’ve heard a fair bit about. You would/could test as both.

They don’t want us to have both at once, and we’re hearing that it’s possible. Different viruses.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Good, I’m glad... Getting the flu really sucks.

It’s always made me wild how I get a mad case of the flu from some work peer, every bloody year... who obviously knows full well their sick, but doesn’t engage in simple hygiene practices... because after all “it’s just the flu”!

If nothing else, hopefully this whole covid scare causes people to be more considerate of others and take more care in not passing around their dirty filthy germs to others!

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

This has been seen in the past in countries where there has been a pandemic. Measures to isolate people for each other for one virus has the ability to effect the spread of other types of Virus. ie the flu

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Has anyone considered the lack of that germ incubator known as schools?

One kid has it, a lot of kids have it. They then bring it home to give to the rest of the family. The adults then give it to their coworkers. A coworker take it home and give it to the rest of the family. One of their kids goes to another school and it all starts over again.

Nothing to do with masks at all. The kids are not exposing their families now. Break the chain and it stops spreading.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Its pretty difficult to diagnose flu as Covid, the tests are looking for different viruses.

Now I personally would like to see the WHO source rather than RT.

You would expect lower flu rates this year, social distancing and masks is going to drop flu rates and governments around the world are ramping up immunisation so I would expect a significantly lower prevalence of flu

My kids have brought two colds home from school already and the inclement whether has barely started to set in. This is dispite the fact that the school is practicing social distancing measures, mandating masks, screening the children as they enter the building and making parents write a note everyday asserting their children are not sick.

But sure masks are keeping people from getting sick this year from everything else but Covid.
edit on 26-10-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Lockdowns, social distancing, hand washing, PPE, quarantines &, etc. are all effective against 'flu, just like with COVID-19.

This is why, where these have been effective against COVID-19, they have been effective against influenza.

When you factor in the inevitable deaths that will skyrocket from lack of preventative care this year, it's a #ing wash and you know it. We killed some later, to save some now. That's not a win, that's being deliberately retarded.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

This has been seen in the past in countries where there has been a pandemic. Measures to isolate people for each other for one virus has the ability to effect the spread of other types of Virus. ie the flu

But yet the original virus is supposedly spreading like wildfire? Does that make any sense to you? You can't have it both ways.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I have the feeling you’re writing this from your basement. Wake up dude! You’ve been lied to — and bought it. Hook, line and sinker!

It’s people like you, that when we will look back in our history, after all our freedoms are gone — we can point the blame.

All the masses of stupefied sheeple.

So, you really think that wearing a face mask during an epidemic is the end of your liberty?

You do realize that you can take it off afterward, don't you?

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

The Southern Hemisphere had a very light flu season in 2020, with Australia seeing only 315 cases over its winter, down 99.8% from the 130,000 cases seen in most years. But flu experts say that, while the low numbers could portend a similar scenario in the Northern Hemisphere, it would be a foolhardy not to prepare for high caseloads this winter.

You are honestly going to say that by following the guidelines, that aren't followed by everyone, the rate dropped 99.8%.

If 'flu requires very close and repeated contact between humans to transmit, then a slight change in social practices could be an absolute block to the transmission of 'flu, and we'd have never known it.

The fact that we've never thought to do this social distancing and other stuff on the scale of entire communities, and yet here is the evidence that it works incredibly well, should inform you that it can do what it is obviously doing.

Otherwise, you have to make up some other weird and 'way-out-there theory' to explain what is evident. Ockhams razor says that the simplest explanation is most likely the truth.

edit on 26/10/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Inflammation is the the key so believe what you want

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

If 'flu requires very close and repeated contact between humans to transmit, then a slight change in social practices could be an absolute block to the transmission of 'flu, and we'd have never known it.

The fact that we've never thought to do this social distancing and other stuff on the scale of entire communities, and yet here is the evidence that it works incredibly well, should inform you that it can do what it is obviously doing.

Otherwise, you have to make up some other weird and 'way-out-there theory' to explain what is evident.

99.8. Even the really, really stupid kids are laughing at your pathetic attempt to back this up.

99.8. Testing is garbage, and if you sneeze, you got the vid. Make the numbers as high as possible for dramatic effect.

Jesus Christ, you should be embarrassed to even be here. 99.8.......Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

When you factor in the inevitable deaths that will skyrocket from lack of preventative care this year, it's a #ing wash and you know it. We killed some later, to save some now. That's not a win, that's being deliberately retarded.

People aren't going to catch a pathogen that isn't replicating among the populace. You are acting like 'flu is an inevitability and has nothing to do with disease transmission.

We can beat this one, too!

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Otherwise, you have to make up some other weird and 'way-out-there theory' to explain what is evident.

99.8. Even the really, really stupid kids are laughing at your pathetic attempt to back this up.

99.8. Testing is garbage, and if you sneeze, you got the vid. Make the numbers as high as possible for dramatic effect.

Jesus Christ, you should be embarrassed to even be here. 99.8.......Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Testing, of itself, doesn't stop disease transmission.

Clearly, the USA has lots of testing per capita, but the disease ravages on.

Nor do you get COVID-19 if you sneeze. That is where the virus can transmit from the 'sneezer' to others. Unless, of course, they are too far away or the 'sneezer' is wearing a suitable mask.

edit on 26/10/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join