It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Threatens Pennsylvania: I’ll Withhold Fed Aid Because You Didn’t Help My Campaign

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I guess we're getting desperate leading up to a week before the election? Gloves are off, and so is every conceivable thread of ethic, apparently:

President Donald Trump escalated his attacks on Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf on Monday, threatening to not come to the state’s aid as the deadly COVID-19 pandemic continues to plague it. “So Tom Wolf, next time give us a little notice, governor,” Trump said Monday at the Allentown rally appearance, claiming “your governor made it almost impossible for us to find any site” for the event. “And I’ll remember it, Tom. I’m going to remember it, Tom. ‘Hello, Mr. President, this is Gov. Wolf, I need help, I need help.’ You know what? These people are bad."

Source

He understands that his supporters make up nearly half of that States population? This isn't a joke. When there's a disaster in any one state, it impacts all residents, regardless of political affiliation. This isn't the first time he's threatened to play around with State aid, and this certainly isn't the last time as he'll try and follow up with it if he gets a second term. If this was Barack Obama and he did to a State like Mississippi, people would be fuming.

The guy thinks the executive is his personal play toy. He needs to be removed.

+70 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You may be missing the point that it is the Governor that is hurting Pennsylvania.

And making political hay with it.

So in your mind Trump can't do anything about it and just needs to roll over and not be allowed a venue in the state?

Or does he play politics... EXACTLY like the Governor is doing by attempting to influence the results of a Presidential election?

So if Democrats do it then it is just fine... but if Trump responds in kind he is killing off his own supporters?

I haven't seen this level of pearl-clutching on ATS for some time.

So thank you for the laugh and I hope to see you around after the results of our election.

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Trump is pointing out how politics are behind the scenes, it's always been about deal-making and concessions and compromises. Not to mention let's remember this isn't like some isolated natural disaster there are numerous states needing federal aid. Regardless Pennsylvania will get its allotment of federal aid Trump just wanted to get a zinger in.

On top of its pretty bias and left-sided to say he didn't help my campaign LOL. Trump was just seeking a venue for his rallies in Pennsylvania, you know like a governor is supposed to do. I got an idea lets see what happens in Pennsylvania next Tuesday. Id say a Trump win would prove you were flat arse wrong.
edit on 26-10-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Get back to us when he does more than run his mouth.
You know like have the irs reject gop non profits.

Actions

(post by oddnutz removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

edit on 10/26/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

So the governor blocking the President of the United States from holding a rally at a venue in PA isn't a problem?

And for the record, Obama did do something akin to this. He threatened multiple states with refusing to reauthorize Medicare/Medicaid-unrelated federal money to states that didn't agree to sign up for Obamacare's Medicare expansion. I somehow missed your threads about how that was Obama screwing over those in need in numerous states. Care to direct me to it?

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

All it took was a couple key bribes and China was in our White House like a dirty shirt.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You may be missing the point that it is the Governor that is hurting Pennsylvania.

You think the governor is hurting Pennsylvania and your response to this? Abuse the executive to block any future aid that will hurt the state further. This is your logic right now. Peak Trump worship right here.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

All it took was a couple key bribes and China was in our White House like a dirty shirt.

Well posted!

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So the governor blocking the President of the United States from holding a rally

Where's your evidence that he actually blocked the president from holding a rally? And how does this justify using the executive as a partisan weapon? This isn't what the Founders intended.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

I can see the rebuttal now: "Donald Trump abused his executive position to force those 5 governors to put sickened patients in with healthy but at-risk populations."

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

So the governor blocking the President of the United States from holding a rally

Where's your evidence that he actually blocked the president from holding a rally? And how does this justify using the executive as a partisan weapon? This isn't what the Founders intended.

We're dealing with a party that has attacked the 2nd amendment incessantly, shat upon the 1st amendment in the name of a goddamned hyper flu virus, pissed all over the idea of capitalism, has placed feelz above freedoms, rejects personal responsibility, and has supported tearing down statues and memorials commemorating the men who founded this nation in the name of placating whining little #headed punks and you gonna play the "this isn't what the founders intended" card against Donald J Trump? Take the card, roll it into a tight cylinder, and shove it into your personal ballot box, my friend.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Milwaukee blocked a Trump rally i believe was originally scheduled for this past Friday. The rally moved to Waukesha on Saturday. The reason given was that the possibility of protests was too high to have it at the airport. This is way out of hand and if Biden wins I fear that in four years there will only be one candidate. Well, there will probably be more but there will be a full blackout on who they might be.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I guess we're getting desperate leading up to a week before the election? Gloves are off, and so is every conceivable thread of ethic, apparently:

President Donald Trump escalated his attacks on Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf on Monday, threatening to not come to the state’s aid as the deadly COVID-19 pandemic continues to plague it. “So Tom Wolf, next time give us a little notice, governor,” Trump said Monday at the Allentown rally appearance, claiming “your governor made it almost impossible for us to find any site” for the event. “And I’ll remember it, Tom. I’m going to remember it, Tom. ‘Hello, Mr. President, this is Gov. Wolf, I need help, I need help.’ You know what? These people are bad."

Source

He understands that his supporters make up nearly half of that States population? This isn't a joke. When there's a disaster in any one state, it impacts all residents, regardless of political affiliation. This isn't the first time he's threatened to play around with State aid, and this certainly isn't the last time as he'll try and follow up with it if he gets a second term. If this was Barack Obama and he did to a State like Mississippi, people would be fuming.

The guy thinks the executive is his personal play toy. He needs to be removed.

I guess we're getting desperate leading up to a week before the election?

...aint that the truth.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Much ado about nothing. I actually went to the Daily Beast site where the whole article is, and true to form it's written from a highly Left perspective. Taking even that into consideration, the others are spot-on describing it as political gamesmanship. Nancy herself has said far worse directly at Trump and today there's an article with Blumenthal stating there will be consequences if McConnell goes through with the vote tonight. That could be construed as a direct threat by some, just imagine if a Republican senator said that to a Democrat senator.

Nice try, next time go deeper into the details before you post something wildly and terrifyingly - um - benign.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

guess we're getting desperate leading up to a week before the election?

Did you miss Pelosi and crew blocking stimulus money until they get their way?
edit on 26-10-2020 by neo96 because: temporary dsylexia.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

So I take it you have no evidence that the government had purposefully blocked or hindered the president from holding a rally? In other words, you made a baseless claim to justify Trump's abuse of power?

Classy, but I expect no more.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I may be banned for this but I don't care . Stop being so damn stupid

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

So I take it you have no evidence that the government had purposefully blocked or hindered the president from holding a rally? In other words, you made a baseless claim to justify Trump's abuse of power?

Classy, but I expect no more.

I read that article and there was no indication from the Governor that he didn't either.

Next.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join