It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange Man Bad . ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

It's easy really.
Democrats know they can't beat trump on policy..
Therefore personal attacks are their chosen weapon.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

you mean he said 16,241 things that do not follow the liberal left playbook ? , Please provide these lies.

There's a few outlets that have been keeping a running "List of lies" for Trump since he announced he was running. I took a look at once of the lists once. The list itself was full of lies and cherry picking. Every time he misquotes a number they count it as a lie, or if he announces a number that has changed since his staff gave it to him, they call it a lie. If he repeats the same number multiple times at a rally, they count each individual mention as a lie. It's preposterous.

Of course he does legitimately lie sometimes, but the media lies just as much, if not more. And I have no doubt if Fox or some other outlet kept a running tally of a Democrat and included such petty # like Obama saying we had 57 states as a "lie" it would be well in the thousands as well.

It's propaganda, nothing more. It was all setting up the future Democrat nominee's campaign strategy. Don't even need to research anything. Just whatever Trump says, say he's lying. You don't even have to prove it, the Democrat lemmings will believe it because they've been told to think he lies constantly.
edit on 25 10 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

They could if they didn't have slow joe or pander to the far left.

Trump has numerous flaws but Democrats fail miserably at going after him.

Both these parties suck. We should vote out all long-time Republicans/Democrats like mitch McConnell and nancy Pelosi.

Not sure how people can vote for president kumacho or the antifa crypt keeper.
Vote third party.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: face23785

Do you truly believe the media went from state controlled to Democratic party controlled?
That there is a war going on between the 2 parties inside the government?

Can you truly watch/read mainstream news and not think it's overwhelmingly biased in favor of the Democrats?

No, I must have missed that.
Is it really?
That's kinda the whole point.
Are we going to talk in circles all night or what?
You don't find it poured on a little too thick?

edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: Format

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

No way a 3rd party goes anywhere with the "hidden enemy " bs going on.
It will be a record win for Trump.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Do you truly believe the media went from state controlled to Democratic party controlled?
That there is a war going on between the 2 parties inside the government?

Can you truly watch/read mainstream news and not think it's overwhelmingly biased in favor of the Democrats?

No, I must have missed that.
Is it really?
That's kinda the whole point.
Are we going to talk in circles all night or what?
You don't find it poured on a little too thick?

That's a lame way to admit you made a mistake questioning me, but okay. Cheers to you too.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

It's easy really.
Democrats know they can't beat trump on policy..
Therefore personal attacks are their chosen weapon.

you are right.

They attack his personality , his lack of emotion/empathy.

I wonder though when people are in the streets fighting for food and medicine , When the New federal police are forcing vaccines and commandeering personally owned weapons. When there stripping our rights and destroying the constitution etc etc.

Will folks be worried about hurting each others feelings then ?

Will people look back and think wow we really just let them run right over us ?
edit on 25-10-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: mis spell

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Your thread is loaded. You ask a general question and then specify 3 areas which are easy to defend and omit things that make him bad in the eyes of some.

He rolled back environmental protection laws making him bad in the eyes of treehuggers.
www.statista.com...

He is trying his best to tip the balance of the SCOTUS to a more conservative position which makes him bad in the eyes of the LGBT+ community and the pro-choice crowd.

He said immigrants are mostly bad people, with some being good people. That makes him look bad in the eyes of some.

I just saw a thread that said he was a "sleazy womaniser" but then proceeded to dismiss that. Some don't dismiss it and say he is bad because of it.

In the end they are all just opinions but they are as valid as anyone else's.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Your thread is loaded. You ask a general question and then specify 3 areas which are easy to defend and omit things that make him bad in the eyes of some.

He rolled back environmental protection laws making him bad in the eyes of treehuggers.
www.statista.com...

He is trying his best to tip the balance of the SCOTUS to a more conservative position which makes him bad in the eyes of the LGBT+ community and the pro-choice crowd.

He said immigrants are mostly bad people, with some being good people. That makes him look bad in the eyes of some.

I just saw a thread that said he was a "sleazy womaniser" but then proceeded to dismiss that. Some don't dismiss it and say he is bad because of it.

I see your points and they are valid .

But all of those are very traditionally conservative ideals none of which make him " Bad " they simply make him a President towing the Republican Party line.

Now he has said some stupidly insensitive things about immigrants , which makes him neither racist nor bad but more over Ignorant .

He is a sleazy womanizer everybody new that when they elected him, but so was Bush, Clinton and so is Biden.

Donald Trump is far from perfect , but he is certainly not what the MSM makes him out to be at all . And that is one of the points of this " loaded thread "

It's loaded on purpose, to attract purposeful answers to my questions.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

www.statista.com...

Yeah that's true, because a lot of them were redundant and did very little. For example, US carbon emissions have continued to trend downward during the Trump administration. How is that possible if his regulation cuts supposedly allow companies to pollute more?

I'll give ya that one, that does piss them off. I personally think it's a good think to appoint judges that actually do their job, but not everyone agrees.

He didn't say that. He didn't put any quantifiers in front of bad people he was talking about. Of course people are gonna think it's bad when the quote is changed to make it sound worse than it was.

Nah, uninformed opinions are not as valid as informed opinions. For example, I've heard people say Trump is a racist because they think he said ALL Mexicans are rapists, which is even worse than the distortion that you used. If someone has that opinion based on completely fraudulent information, no I don't find their opinion very valid.

There's a difference between what you were taught in grade school (that opinions can't be wrong) and the idea that opinions can't be invalid. Opinions can most certainly be invalid.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
But all of those are very traditionally conservative ideals none of which make him " Bad " they simply make him a President towing the Republican Party line.

And that is what makes him bad to those calling him bad. That is the answer to your question.

Donald Trump is far from perfect , but he is certainly not what the MSM makes him out to be at all . And that is one of the points of this " loaded thread "

The MSM is selling clicks. Sites like OAN and Braitbart are also selling clicks. They all play to their readers.

Personally, I don't think Trump is what you are making him out to be either, "Folks Trump is trying to expose something and they are scared to death of him". Like Mandroid7 said back on page one smells more like "good cop, bad cop".

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Whether you feel opinions are all equal or not doesn't change the fact that that is why people feel "orange man bad".

As for the immigration thing, the topic was immigration and he did say "When Mexico sends its people" and then went on to say "It's coming all over south and Latin America and it's coming probably, probably from the Middle East...". Sounds like he was talking about immigrants, maybe not all, maybe just illegals. That won't change how some people feel about it.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Whether you feel opinions are all equal or not doesn't change the fact that that is why people feel "orange man bad".

As for the immigration thing, the topic was immigration and he did say "When Mexico sends its people" and then went on to say "It's coming all over south and Latin America and it's coming probably, probably from the Middle East...". Sounds like he was talking about immigrants, maybe not all, maybe just illegals. That won't change how some people feel about it.

I like how you skip over the "controversial" part of the quote.

You know as well as I do that that quote has been twisted. It's nice of you to accidentally acknowledge that.

I didn't say people don't feel that way about him. I merely said some people feel that way because they're uninformed.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Well for me it's the lies and falsehoods he comes away with.

Averaging about 50 a day or so it seems.

The man is a petulant child.
edit on 25-10-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

What part is that?

You know as well as I do that that quote has been twisted. It's nice of you to accidentally acknowledge that.

I didn't say people don't feel that way about him. I merely said some people feel that way because they're uninformed.

I just pointed out that he was in fact talking about immigrants and not just from mexico.

Please don't try to twist it by saying he was talking about just narcos, criminals and rapists because I doubt anyone would say "and some are good people" within those groups.

edit on 25-10-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

What part is that?

You only stopped quoting him 1 word EXACTLY before the part most people take issue with. Maybe you should look it up and, I don't know, come back and engage me on it when you're actually informed on the issue?

Please don't try to twist it by saying he was talking about just narcos, criminals and rapists because I doubt anyone would say "and some are good people" within those groups.

No one who actually listened to his comments would think that's what he was saying.

Again, have you ever even heard the comments in question, in their entirety? You sound like someone who has never actually watched the speech himself and is just repeating what you've heard 3rd hand.

Go watch the video, then come back and tell me what you think. We can't have a conversation about something you don't know anything about.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I watched the video and I copy/pasted from the full transcript.

“They Are Bringing Drugs And They Are Bringing Crime, They’re Rapists.” “When Mexico sends its people, they are not sending their best. They are not sending you. They are not sending you. They are sending people that have lots of problems, and they are bringing those problems with us, they are bringing drugs and they are bringing crime, they’re rapists, and some are good people, and I speak to border guards and they tell us what we are getting. It only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people. It's coming all over south and Latin America and it's coming probably, probably from the Middle East, but we don't know because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don't know what is happening and it has got to stop and it has to stop fast.”

1 word huh? Which word would that be because I can't seem to spot 1 word that would make a difference.

ETA: Maybe the transcript I found is wrong. Maybe you can provide an accurate one, if that is the case.
edit on 25-10-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Looks right. I have to assume that's the first time you've seen the full quote. What's your problem with it? He clearly did not say that ALL or even MOST of them are rapists, etc., which is often how he's quoted. So now you see that he is often misquoted.

If the real quote is so bad, why don't they ever use the real quote? Why do they have to change it to make it sound worse?

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well for me it's the lies and falsehoods he comes away with.

Averaging about 50 a day or so it seems.

The man is a petulant child.

God in heaven , Could you name a few of those 50.

or are you just blowing smoke.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It isn't and I saw the video when it first came out.

He certainly didn't say all or even most are rapists, etc. and I didn't say that he did. I said he was speaking about immigrants and saying "some are good people" does imply many, some might even walk away with most, are. That is where their opinion comes from. It doesn't take a major twisting of his words to end up there.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join