It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington State Discovers First ‘Murder Hornet’ Nest in US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: odzeandennz

Nah. They definitely exist, even in the US, but can be misidentified.

Coyote Peterson had an episode on this in West Virginia.

Coyote Peterson

And I forgive your snarkyness, waterglass, as I am pretty confident if Cornell or any respectable etymology department at any university became aware of an invasive species in the US they would actually do something other than tell you its an invasive species and send you on your way.

That is NOT the Asian hornet, but a Cicada killer. They look similar but the CK is mostly solitary and not aggressive. Just kills cicadas.

Asians hornets will attack and have one of the worst stings of any insect. See the episode where coyote gets stung by an Asian hornet. They are no joke.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

a reply to: odzeandennz

Nah. They definitely exist, even in the US, but can be misidentified.

Coyote Peterson had an episode on this in West Virginia.

Coyote Peterson

And I forgive your snarkyness, waterglass, as I am pretty confident if Cornell or any respectable etymology department at any university became aware of an invasive species in the US they would actually do something other than tell you its an invasive species and send you on your way.

That is NOT the Asian hornet, but a Cicada killer. They look similar but the CK is mostly solitary and not aggressive. Just kills cicadas. The sting is no worse than a honeybee. Dod you even watch the episode?

Asians hornets will attack and have one of the worst stings of any insect. See the episode where coyote gets stung by an Asian hornet. They are no joke.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Why does Washington seem to be the breeding ground for all that is nasty? Murder Hornets, Covid, Microsoft...

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Not even a cicada killer, as the cicada killer is the sand wasp. Coyote explains the giant wasps people commonly mistake are the european hornets. They are practically identical except for the red/brown color.

I have seen all episodes. Subscribed to the youtube channel. My 4 yr old is addicted to this.
edit on 25-10-2020 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Murder Hornets from China, Covid from China. . . .the same time "Mulan" came out from China.

Disney has some 'splaining to do.

Miley Cyrus will be right over...

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Murder Hornets from China, Covid from China. . . .the same time "Mulan" came out from China.

Disney has some 'splaining to do.

Miley Cyrus will be right over...

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Yes they went looking for one and found one. Now is there really a reason for going after them? Can anyone from Washington confirm they are killing honeybees? Or, is it more fluff to scare. The End Times?

A simple search would give the answer, and that is yes..they f up bee hives real bad. And bee's here, have no defence, they don't know how to deal with them.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Waterglass

You sure your fruity wasps were not european wasps? They are fairly large and similar except they have a redish color on the head.

It's 100% confirmed, they are Japanese Hornets

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

My reply was in response to the comment that these hornets were found in NY 15 years ago. Something doesnt add up when they say Cornell identifued an invasive species and nothing more came of it. Are you confirming this story from 15 years ago in NY or this week in Washington state?

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

My reply was in response to the comment that these hornets were found in NY 15 years ago. Something doesnt add up when they say Cornell identifued an invasive species and nothing more came of it. Are you confirming this story from 15 years ago in NY or this week in Washington state?

Ahh, I'm talking this week! I was not aware of the NY deal.
edit on 25-10-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander
I'm doubtful about NY, the west coast though, seems more plausible, well, more than plausible now!

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

True that. He had to go to Japan to find one and even then it was looking bleak as they are relatively scarce.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

FYI:

I took the thing to the Cornell Cooperative extension in Erie County. Its located in East Aurora, New York which is 20 minutes south of Buffalo. I lived about 900' from the Niagara River, North of Buffalo.

They knew what it was immediately and just blew it off. As in they WERE NOT concerned! That was back then. Now? Who knows as I am in South Carolina. Since I lived near Canada they told me that they come in from Canada from Asia Pacific in sea containers or pallets and just fly over the Niagara River.

The NY thing is not a conspiracy. The dam thing is probably somewhere in the house as I put it into a sealed plastic bag; 15 years ago.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
So 15 years ago the NYS guys just shrugged as in so what can we do. They fly over from Canada. Same goes for Green Ash Borers but they began trapping them in NYS 15 years ago or longer.

Read this:

Asian giant hornets: A lot more buzz than sting, experts say

The so-called ‘murder hornets’ don’t live up to that designation and the experts who have been asked at great lengths about that particular type of insect in recent weeks are downplaying the ostentatious buzz its created. While the Asian giant hornet, or its scientific name of Vespa mandarina, is invasive, you don’t need to become frightened over the bright-coloured, two-inch insect that seemingly took North America by storm, in hype that is, lately. Instead, Canadians should focus their concerns on more threatening invasive species such as the emerald ash borer, Japanese knotweed, round goby or garlic mustard, just to name a few.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Then based on this article they are :

[1] Mutated
[2] Left Wuhan bio lab for Western USA and British Columbia

The so-called ‘murder hornets’ don’t live up to that designation and the experts who have been asked at great lengths about that particular type of insect in recent weeks are downplaying the ostentatious buzz its created. While the Asian giant hornet, or its scientific name of Vespa mandarina, is invasive, you don’t need to become frightened over the bright-coloured, two-inch insect that seemingly took North America by storm, in hype that is, lately. Instead, Canadians should focus their concerns on more threatening invasive species such as the emerald ash borer, Japanese knotweed, round goby or garlic mustard, just to name a few.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join