It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Astronaut Buzz Aldrin says What!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Buzz Aldrin says What!
I’m sure that this video surfaced here before but today was the first time I ever saw it. Buzz is answering a little girl’s question about why we haven’t returned to the Moon. His answer really blew my mind. If you haven’t heard it before, hear and see it now.

edit on V502020Saturdaypm31America/ChicagoSat, 24 Oct 2020 21:50:22 -05001 by Violater1 because: u;tjshjhk

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

"Because we didn't go there and that's the way it happened...."

Wow, I hadn't seen this before. Buzz admitting that "we didn't go there ..." is a big statement to make. I guess with old age people start talking about things they are not supposed to say out loud... Buzz, keep going bro, I'm starving for such info.

edit on 24-10-2020 by miri2019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Just a guess...

sounds kinda like Buzz has a touch of dementia... been dealing with it for years, and the way he responded sounded like many conversations i've had with my residents

Pretty sure he didn't mean "we didn't go to the moon"

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

He's only saying that he doesn't know why we haven't gone back and that it's important to know why we didn't go back to stop such progressive things from being stopped in the future.

We went to the moon, c'mon.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Buzz was answering the question as it was asked. because we didn't is the answer.

He is old and not that good at saying things, but it answered the girls question.

A lot of the moonshots were not from the moon from what I have read, but it does appear there was at least one successful landing there, I can only go by what I read from reading articles others have wrote to come to my conclusion. In reality, I do not know if anyone stepped foot on the moon or not, but the Chinese seem to now verify it did happen while before they did not believe it did. So either we bribed them with increasing imports from them, or they did see evidence.

The government lied about stuff back in the sixties just like they do today. There was no way of proving they were lying, so nobody could say it did not happen and since so many people believed it did, society backed the moon landings whether they happened or not.

Doesn't really matter to me either way, I am used to the government fibbing to the people. It is like believing in Santa, it is beneficial for a kid to believe in Santa....but hard on the parents pocketbook....in the case of government, it is the taxpayers pocketbook.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Buzz has said numerous, countless time he went to the moon
Now once he in his older years, states he didn’t, years when memory and mind fades and fails.
So, let’s ignore every other thing he has said, stated and affirmed and this one thing, this failing mind, let’s accept that one comment over every other thing

Let’s all agree. This one statement, one comment is proof, unquestionable, from and old man, the moon landing was faked

It may be possible it was faked, but this, not for me

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

^^^THIS.
We went, it sucked, it was expensive. Had anyone been able to monetize it immediately we'd of gone backing droves.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Buzz explains to a small child that political and financial considerations ended America's manned lunar exploration programme in language she can understand.

Apparently the explanation is still too complex for some people.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
Buzz explains to a small child that political and financial considerations ended America's manned lunar exploration programme in language she can understand.

Don’t think it’s as simple as that
There are two ways you can hear that answer Buzz gave
Someone has questioned the answer as they should
I don’t have a problem with how the answer can be interpreted “we didn’t” as opposed to “we haven’t”

Why hasn’t anyone been to the moon again?
“We havnt because”

Or “we didn’t”

It’s how you hear the answer, it’s not hard to explain

The full interview would be a good indication of “why we didn’t”

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Buzz Aldrin gets off on stirring up controversy. He knows people will clamp onto something like this and talk about it forever. Poor kid isn't old enough to know when someone is full of it.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

So please roll it to me. When Buzz says "Because we didn't go there and that's the way it happened...."
what does this mean?

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
He seems drunk, I know he´s an alcoholic - poor guy.

-MM

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Didn't Buzz once flip out and beat someone who was harassing him over the moon landings being fake? It was just one of a couple of incidents about fake moon landings, he might have enough from it.

What if he just made a mad-sarcastic comment because he can not discern anymore who is his "friend" and "enemy". I have seen similar things from an elderly women that I went shopping for. She is clear in her mind, most of the time but sometimes she falls back to old conversations she had.

I don't think it is an admission for a fake moon landings.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

He clearly says “we didn’t go there, that’s the way it happened”

Make of it what you will.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Just a guess...

sounds kinda like Buzz has a touch of dementia... been dealing with it for years, and the way he responded sounded like many conversations i've had with my residents

Pretty sure he didn't mean "we didn't go to the moon"

He wouldnt lie to a kid.

So I forgive him.

Rotten liars ruined him just like they tried to ruin us all......they shall pay dearly.
edit on 25-10-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
As usual, the whole video helps to understand what he was trying to say.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Try listening to the entire interview where he clearly says they went to the moon and describes going there.

The girl asks why they didn't go back, not 'did you go?'.

Buzz is an old man. He rambles like any old man. Cherrypicking on one section of a rambling old man's rambling answer proves nothing other than some people are desperate to confirm their own bias.

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
pretty sure judging by the question, "why has nobody been to the moon since your one time" he isn't saying we didn't go to the moon, hes saying we havent gone to the moon since the one time, and he has no idea why and he also wants to know why we never went again.

honestly this is a problem in America, many seem to have forgotten how to understand simple dumbed down english phrasing.
edit on 25-10-2020 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Flat earther Bart Siebel who used to persue Aldrin and harass heim

www.youtube.com...

Buzz lost and punched out the creep

posted on Oct, 25 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"We didn't go there" meaning that we do what people thought we would do and have a semi-continuous or permanent presence on the Moon after Apollo.

In this case "we didn't go there" means "we didn't do that" -- i.e. we didn't do the thing the girl asked about.

Frankly, Buzz could have been more clear, but he is up there in age, and that likely has something to do with the clarity of how he chooses to say something. But even young Buzz was someone who said a lot of words to make his points.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join