It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your limit? How much BS will you carry?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So my surprise answer actually is:

I am going to do absolutely nothing and I will defeat my foes regardless.
My enemies tend heavily towards self destructiveness so apparently waiting it out is all that is required.

Didn't see that one coming did ya OP?

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If you meant literally - I don't carry hardly anything. Just a backpack with a few items like my brush and phone charging equipment and a bottle of water.

So in literal reality I actually don't carry a bunch of bs. When I see someone with 5 bags or pushing a cart of junk around I'm like "wtf? that's insane". Try it you'll see quickly it is insanity to think you should live that way, carrying stuff everywhere.

Having your hands free and not being burdened by dead weight is awesome.
I just disagree with it in principle but I do admit there is a practical use to carrying things occasionally for short distances but it isn't sustainable.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Nailed it!

I'm just a fat guy who posts online, gets me mine guvment check and rails against thems who want reel freedoms!

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

It has been some time, ive been saving up a lot of money, making contacts etc... it is time to finally become...

BATMAN!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

edit on 23-10-2020 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
why not atomic raccoon?

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Can You Make the World a Better Place?

“Politics cannot begin to put the connecting tissue back in society. It is ill-equipped to reconstruct traditional moral beliefs. The best policies cannot recover courtship or marriage, make fathers responsible for their children, restore shock or shame where it once existed . . . The vast majority of moral problems that trouble us cannot be eradicated by law.”

Are you inclined to agree with those words of a former U.S. government aide? If so, what is the solution to the many problems today that stem from greed, lack of natural affection in families, loose morals, ignorance, and other corrosive factors eating away at the fabric of society? Some people feel that there is no solution, so they just get on with their lives as best they can. Others hope that one day a charismatic and brilliant leader, perhaps even a religious leader, will come along and point them in the right direction.

In fact, two thousand years ago, people wanted to make Jesus Christ their king because they perceived that he had been sent by God and would make a most able ruler. Nevertheless, when Jesus discerned their intentions, he quickly left the scene. (John 6:14, 15) “My kingdom is no part of this world,” he later explained to a Roman governor. (John 18:36) Nowadays, however, few take the stand that Jesus took​—even religious leaders who profess to be his followers. Some of these have tried to make this world a better place, either by attempting to influence secular rulers or by holding political office themselves. We can see this by looking at the 1960’s and ’70’s.

Religious Efforts to Improve the World

In the late 1960’s, certain theologians in Latin-American countries took up the fight for the poor and downtrodden. To this end, they developed liberation theology, in which Christ was interpreted no longer as a savior in just the Biblical sense but in a political and economic way as well. In the United States, a number of church leaders who became deeply concerned about the erosion of moral values formed an organization called the Moral Majority. Its objective was to get into political office people who would legislate wholesome family values. Similarly, in many Muslim lands, groups have tried to curb corruption and excesses by promoting closer adherence to the Koran.

Do you believe that the world is a better place because of such efforts? The facts show that, overall, moral values continue to decline and the gap between rich and poor continues to widen, including in those countries where liberation theology was prominent.

Because the Moral Majority failed in its key objectives in the United States, its founder, Jerry Falwell, folded the organization in 1989. Other organizations have taken its place. Nevertheless, Paul Weyrich, coiner of the term “moral majority,” wrote in the magazine Christianity Today: “Even when we win in politics, our victories fail to translate into the kind of policies we believe are important.” He also wrote: “The culture is becoming an ever-wider sewer. We are caught up in a cultural collapse of historic proportions, a collapse so great that it simply overwhelms politics.”

Columnist and author Cal Thomas revealed what he viewed as a fundamental flaw in trying to elevate society through politics: “Real change comes heart by heart, not election by election, because our primary problems are not economic and political but moral and spiritual.”

But how do you resolve moral and spiritual problems in a world where there are no absolutes, where people decide for themselves what is right and wrong? If influential and well-intentioned people​—religious or not—​are unable to make this world a truly better place, who can? As we shall see, there is an answer. In fact, it lies at the very heart of why Jesus said that his Kingdom was not of this world.

The Key to a Happy World

“The single most powerful figure​—not merely in these two millenniums but in all human history—​has been Jesus of Nazareth,” said Time magazine. When Jesus was on earth, thousands of honesthearted people recognized, not just his greatness, but his concern for others. Hence, it comes as no surprise that they wanted to make him king. (John 6:10, 14, 15) Yet, as mentioned earlier, Jesus declined to get involved in politics.

Jesus’ response was based on at least three factors: his Father’s view of expressions of human self-determination, which include human rule; Jesus’ awareness that there are powerful, hidden forces working against even the best human efforts at rulership; and God’s purpose to establish a heavenly government to rule over the entire earth. As we examine these three points more closely, we will see why mankind’s efforts to make the world a better place have failed. We will also see how success will be achieved.

Can Humans Govern Themselves?

When God created humans, he gave them authority over the animal kingdom. (Genesis 1:26) But humankind was under God’s sovereignty. The first man and woman were to confirm their submission to God by obediently abstaining from the fruit of one particular tree, “the tree of the knowledge of good and bad.” (Genesis 2:17) Sadly, Adam and Eve abused their free moral agency and disobeyed God. Taking the forbidden fruit was not simply an act of theft. It constituted rebellion against God’s sovereignty. A footnote to Genesis 2:17 in The New Jerusalem Bible states that Adam and Eve laid claim “to complete moral independence by which man refuses to recognise his status as a created being . . . The first sin was an attack on God’s sovereignty.”

Because of the serious moral issues involved, God allowed Adam and Eve and their descendants to choose their own way of life, and they established their own standards of right and wrong. (Psalm 147:19, 20; Romans 2:14) In essence, the human experiment with self-determination then began. Has it been successful? With the advantage of thousands of years of hindsight, we can say no! Ecclesiastes 8:9 states: “Man has dominated man to his injury.” This lamentable record of human self-rule confirms the truthfulness of Jeremiah 10:23: “I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.” History has proved that humans do not have the capacity to rule successfully without their Creator.

Jesus fully concurred. Independence from God was anathema to him. “I do nothing of my own initiative,” he said. “I always do the things pleasing to [God].” (John 4:34; 8:28, 29) Hence, with no divine authorization to receive kingship from humans, Jesus did not even consider accepting it. This does not mean, however, that he was reluctant to help his fellowman. On the contrary, he did all in his power to assist people to find the greatest happiness then and in the future. He even gave his life for mankind. (Matthew 5:3-11; 7:24-27; John 3:16) But Jesus knew that “for everything there is an appointed time,” including God’s time to assert his sovereignty over mankind. (Ecclesiastes 3:1; Matthew 24:14, 21, 22, 36-39) Recall, though, that in Eden our original parents submitted to the will of a wicked spirit creature who spoke through a visible serpent. This brings us to a second reason why Jesus kept out of politics.

The World’s Secret Ruler

[continued in next comment]

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

edit on 1-11-2020 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The World’s Secret Ruler

Satan, the Bible tells us, offered Jesus “all the kingdoms of the world and their glory” in exchange for one act of worship. (Matthew 4:8-10) Essentially, Jesus was offered world rulership​—but on the Devil’s terms. Jesus did not fall prey to this temptation. Was it really a temptation, though? Could Satan actually make such a grandiose offer? Yes, for Jesus himself called the Devil “the ruler of the world,” and the apostle Paul described him as “the god of this system of things.”​—John 14:30; 2 Corinthians 4:4; Ephesians 6:12.

Of course, Jesus knew that the Devil does not have mankind’s best interests at heart. He described Satan as “a murderer” and as “the father of lies and of all that is false.” (John 8:44, The Amplified Bible) Obviously, a world “lying in the power” of such a wicked spirit can never be truly happy. (1 John 5:19) But the Devil will not have this authority indefinitely. Jesus, now a mighty spirit creature, will shortly depose Satan and completely eliminate his influence.​—Hebrews 2:14; Revelation 20:1-3.

Satan himself knows that his days as world ruler are fast running out. Hence, he is making a desperate, all-out effort to corrupt humans beyond reform, just as he did prior to the Flood of Noah’s day. (Genesis 6:1-5; Jude 6) “Woe for the earth and for the sea,” says Revelation 12:12, “because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.” Bible prophecy and world events indicate that we are living near the conclusion of this “short period of time.” (2 Timothy 3:1-5) Relief is now in sight.

A Government to Bring Happiness

A third reason why Jesus stayed out of politics is that he knew that at a future set time, God would establish a heavenly government to rule over the earth. The Bible calls this government God’s Kingdom, and it was the main theme of Jesus’ teaching. (Luke 4:43; Revelation 11:15) Jesus taught his disciples to pray for that Kingdom to come, for only under its rule will ‘God’s will be done on earth as it is in heaven.’ (Matthew 6:9, 10) You may wonder, ‘If this Kingdom is going to rule over the entire earth, what will happen to man-made governments?’

The answer is found at Daniel 2:44: “In the days of those kings [ruling at the end of the present system] the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these [man-made] kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite.” Why will God’s Kingdom have to “crush” earthly rulerships? Because these insist on perpetuating the God-defying spirit of self-determination promoted by Satan back in the garden of Eden. In addition to working against mankind’s best interests, those who strive to perpetuate that spirit put themselves on a collision course with the Creator. (Psalm 2:6-12; Revelation 16:14, 16) Hence, we must ask ourselves, ‘Are we for or against rule by God?’

Whose Sovereignty Will You Choose?

In order to help people make an informed decision about rulership, Jesus commissioned his disciples to preach the “good news of the kingdom . . . in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations” before the end of the present system comes. (Matthew 24:14) Who today are known worldwide for preaching God’s Kingdom?

The Way of Peace: Resisting Nationalism, putting God’s Kingdom first (playlist)

Blessings for Kingdom Subjects

Jesus always did things God’s way. Hence, instead of choosing an independent course and trying to prop up or improve the existing system of things by political means, he worked hard to advance the interests of God’s Kingdom, the only solution to the world’s ills. For his loyalty he was rewarded with a glorious throne in heaven as the very King of that Kingdom. What a wonderful prize for his submission to God!​—Daniel 7:13, 14.

Millions today who imitate Jesus in putting God’s Kingdom first and in submitting to God’s will also enjoy a wonderful gift​—the privilege of being earthly subjects of God’s Kingdom. (Matthew 6:33) Under its loving rule, they will be raised to human perfection, with the prospect of everlasting life. (Revelation 21:3, 4) Says 1 John 2:17: “The world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever.” With Satan and his followers swept away and the earth transformed into a global paradise free of divisive nationalism, corrupt commercial systems, and false religion, what an exquisite joy it will be to remain here forever!​—Psalm 37:29; 72:16.

Yes, God’s Kingdom is the real key to a truly happy world, and the message announcing it is rightly described as good news. If you have not already done so, the next time someone with this good news calls at your home, why not welcome this good news being brought to you?

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Straw manning.

Interesting you should mention this, because the most powerful thing you CAN do is take your power back. Claim your rights, stop being a warden of the state. That way, no one can do anything to you lawfully, if you don't break the law.

Life would be harder, you can't enjoy the 'perks' of the system, but you'd be free.

The only thing people can really do that would have any true effect, is becoming (or returning to being) Freemen-on-the-Land.

Stop thinking the artificial person that only lives on paper that has ALMOST your name ("SMITH, JOHN", 'Smith, John', JOHN Smith, 'John SMITH' - but never 'John:Smith') is YOU or any obligations _IT_ has, you also have. You don't.

(Unless, of course, you have performed a joinder, so now this legal fiction dominates your life and any obligation it has, is also your obligation - funnily, it's dead and you are alive, but there you go)

Why do people advocate 'fighting', when the people are the ones that have accepted their shackles, praised them, consented to wearing them - and now they want to fight?

Why not just REMOVE THE SHACKLES and walk away, free? Is that too simple?

You'd fight while still in shackles, ending up either dead or in more shackles. What do you really want to achieve here?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join