It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudan - Israel Normalize Relations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Wow. I pondered this all day yesterday.

I'm still in awe that we might see peace in the Middle East in my lifetime. We were told this could not happen. We were told the conflict was too ancient... too profound... too entrenched... too established for this to happen. The people were too ideological... too fanatic... too committed for this to happen. And yet it's happening.

I did not think Trump could impress me. He has proven me wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I really don't think this will be complete peace in the Middle East... not quite ready to say that. But it is peace between Israel, the UAE, Bahrain, Jordan, Egypt, Sudan, and if reports are to be believed, Saudi Arabia and a few other countries. I actually see a dividing line forming just south of Iran/Iraq/Syria.

But it's a damn sight better than everyone fighting everyone else. I'm impressed myself.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

YOU, sir, are a class act. I already knew this, but since you have demonstrated it once again in this thread, I wanted to say it again.

Thanks for being awesome!

(my apologies if I misgendered you...)

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I really don't think this will be complete peace in the Middle East... But it's a damn sight better than everyone fighting everyone else. I'm impressed myself.

TheRedneck

Wholeheartedly agree! There will always be rabblerousers and troublemakers and crazymakers. But this is progress, and it is encouraging and inspiring.

And we're alive to see it.

The Achille Laurel incident shocked me to my core at the time. It was very hard to process. I think a part of me hardened at that moment -- aka I grew up in a heartbeat (almost literally) and understood just how evil people could be to others.

THIS moment brings tears to my eyes -- but the good kind!

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It's just a shame the Democrats and Democrat media are so full of themselves they can't cover this with the attention it deserves.

We should all be celebrating, but half the country is hoping for another war to break out in the next 10 days just to help with an election.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

It's just a shame the Democrats and Democrat media are so full of themselves they can't cover this with the attention it deserves.

We should all be celebrating, but half the country is hoping for another war to break out in the next 10 days just to help with an election.

It is shameful. Absolutely shameful!!! This is an historic moment in history. This is a turning point for humanity. This is a reconciliation for the Abrahamic faiths. This is a beautiful and inspiring moment in time. At least it promises to be, if all continues to go well. Never say never, but I'm seeing so much glorious potential for everyone here!!!

But we both know this means that President Trump will be memorialized as the president who helped make it happen, and will be rightfully praised and commemorated in the history books for his contribution.

And the haters gotta be hating that. They will do anything to downplay and denigrate this. But -- on the plus side -- they will be remembered for their actions in posterity as well.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
Watching it now. Dems will somehow come up with a way to make this "orange man bad" for fostering peace and trade agreements.

I've already seen the talking point on that.
"Well, one good thing doesn't forgive the 20,000 bad things he's done!"

Jeesh...TDS is worse than Covid-19 now.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I really don't think this will be complete peace in the Middle East... not quite ready to say that. But it is peace between Israel, the UAE, Bahrain, Jordan, Egypt, Sudan, and if reports are to be believed, Saudi Arabia and a few other countries. I actually see a dividing line forming just south of Iran/Iraq/Syria.

But it's a damn sight better than everyone fighting everyone else. I'm impressed myself.

TheRedneck

Sudan is a HUGE change in US foreign policy and major accomplishment for all involved. Sudan was one of the leading voices refusing to accept the existence of Israel and smuggled weapons into Palestine.

Last year their long time ruler/dictator who supported terrorism against Israel was overthrown and replaced by moderates who aknowledge the existence of Israel and its rigjt to exist.

This deal secures formal support and alliance to the new Sudanese government. The deal stops it from becoming a failed state which is essential with Covid impacts and eliminates the chance of terror groups like ISIS arrising. It also isolates Iran and can be used as a peaceful way tp get them to abandon the Mad Mullah tactics.

I never thought Trump or the US would be able to pull something like this off. The only potential downside in the deals is it allows weapon deals and millitarisation of the cointries signed up, but the US is still debating whether to supply F-35's and the like.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: panoz77
Watching it now. Dems will somehow come up with a way to make this "orange man bad" for fostering peace and trade agreements.

I've already seen the talking point on that.
"Well, one good thing doesn't forgive the 20,000 bad things he's done!"

Jeesh...TDS is worse than Covid-19 now.

TDS kills, because these scumbag Democrats sowing doubt about the vaccine just to spite Trump are gonna get people killed, just like they got a lot of people killed by torpedoing hydroxychloroquine.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Yes sir, I would certainly like more proof. As I said earlier, when that conversation was going on at the top of the thread, I looked around the internet to find corroboration from the Sudanese government and could find none.

So yes again, if you could provide proof that there was a corroborating statement from the Sudanese government delivered prior to that time and available on internet searches I would appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Yes sir, I would certainly like more proof. As I said earlier, when that conversation was going on at the top of the thread, I looked around the internet to find corroboration from the Sudanese government and could find none.

So yes again, if you could provide proof that there was a corroborating statement from the Sudanese government delivered prior to that time and available on internet searches I would appreciate it.

www.reuters.com...

www.whitehouse.gov...

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Thank you for your consideration and patience. Indeed your links provided the final leg of the declaration with the presence of the Sudanese Prime Minister on that phone call. And that was all I was looking for. The question though of whether or not that information was readily available when this thread began and my initial comments were added is still obscure, though it matters not as the proof of the finality of the bargain is in the pudding. Thank you again for your efforts to bring this information to light.

edit on 31America/ChicagoSat, 24 Oct 2020 16:24:07 -0500Sat, 24 Oct 2020 16:24:07 -050020102020-10-24T16:24:07-05:00400000024 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I'm glad you finally accepted that this happened. I just want to point out that I mentioned, back when it was breaking, that Fox was airing live a phone call between Turmp, Netanyahu, and the Sudan leader.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I'm glad you finally accepted that this happened. I just want to point out that I mentioned, back when it was breaking, that Fox was airing live a phone call between Turmp, Netanyahu, and the Sudan leader.

TheRedneck

Of course, CNN and MSNBC weren't airing it.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneckYes you did and I tuned in and picked up on the rest of the information needed to draw my conclusions from ALL the information. That was what we had briefly discussed, patience for all the information to be made public.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

However, once I tuned into FOX as Red suggested, I flipped over to CNN and they were airing it as well, though minutes later than FOX as this appears to have been a FOX exclusive.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Interesting that you brought up Saudi Arabia... there was a live report that they are in talks with Trump to join in as well.

I doubt this will actually lead to lasting peace in the Middle East... Syria and Iran, probably Iraq as well, will likely be holdouts. But as far as I am concerned, every country that does sign on is one less chance for fighting to break out. That's worth celebrating.

TheRedneck

This is a coalition against Iran, so I see everyone joining to put pre4ssure on Iran.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: face23785

However, once I tuned into FOX as Red suggested, I flipped over to CNN and they were airing it as well, though minutes later than FOX as this appears to have been a FOX exclusive.

So you thought CNN was airing Trump propaganda that the government of Sudan hadn't agreed to? That's seriously why you were questioning this?

If you just told the truth from the start, you wouldn't have twisted yourself into this pretzel of lies that are completely incoherent.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Funny thing... when one constantly lies and tries to berate a person, that person usually gets to where they don't give one the time of day. CNN likely had to pick it up from the Fox feed.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Actually, Trump has described it as a type of end run around Palestine. Previous attempts to do this were based on an initial agreement between Palestine and Israel, which never happened. Trump decided to drop that requirement, and this is the result. Expectation is that Palestine will come around when enough other countries join.

I have no doubt that it will eventually form into a coalition against Iran/Iraq/Syria. But that's not the methodology used.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join