It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudan - Israel Normalize Relations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Israel, Sudan Agree to Normalize Ties With U.S. Help, Trump Says

Well, it looks like Trump has another feather to stick in that cap. It was just announced on Fox that Sudan has agreed to normalize relations with Israel, bringing the total nations to do so under Trump to 3 (including the UAE and Bahrain) and the total nations to do so to 5 (also including Egypt and Jordan).

As i understand the live reports so far, Trump has also agreed to remove the "state sponsor of terrorism" label from Sudan in exchange for Sudan paying restitution to American victims of terrorism. Great! One less state sponsor of terrorism!

Good news for us as well as for the Middle East. The less strife there is over there, the less the need for us to even consider sending our soldiers.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Watching it now. Dems will somehow come up with a way to make this "orange man bad" for fostering peace and trade agreements.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

More evidence of why foreign policy was barely touched on and then quickly moved out of sight.

Sleepy Joe has been wrong for nearly 50 years, trump may have been the catalyst for a more stable area around Israel.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Dude, what part of "war is peace" are you not understanding???

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Remember when Trump got into power then flew out to Arabia to hot that conference on a new dawn for the Middle East?

He's done what he said he'd do

Trump has done an incredible thing for the whole world of Abraham by bringing everyone together, truly a remarkable achievement of peace making by somebody who knows in business half of it is about getting on with people and for our Planet Earth this has been a brilliant moment

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
Watching it now. Dems will somehow come up with a way to make this "orange man bad" for fostering peace and trade agreements.

What has happened is they have stated that he's doing nothing special and that hasn't already been done. Then they trot out a bunch of nonsense. One guy was linking me to 30 page documents to read to prove his point. As if im going to pour over 30 pages of stuff on foreign policy without trying to make myself go to sleep.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
But cNn (along with 100% of the leftists on ATS) said he was going to start world war 3.

Over and over and over again they said that.

Maybe that’s during his next term?

Greatest President of all time? Maybe so.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Interesting that you brought up Saudi Arabia... there was a live report that they are in talks with Trump to join in as well.

I doubt this will actually lead to lasting peace in the Middle East... Syria and Iran, probably Iraq as well, will likely be holdouts. But as far as I am concerned, every country that does sign on is one less chance for fighting to break out. That's worth celebrating.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The Left: "This is really no big deal, anyone could've done it. The only reason we didn't do it was because we hate peace."

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

More evidence of why foreign policy was barely touched on and then quickly moved out of sight.

Sleepy Joe has been wrong for nearly 50 years, trump may have been the catalyst for a more stable area around Israel.

It's so satisfying watching the old guard freak out over this.

The biggest reason is because they were wrong. They all thought a strategy like this couldn't work, and this guy they think is dumb as a rock comes in and proves them wrong. Their egos are just destroyed over it.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is nice to hear. We all hope for peace in the Middle East.
However, at this point, this news is based on ''Trump says''.

A quick search brings up a score of reports claiming this peace accord and all of them that I could find started with those words, ''Trump says''.

I did find one article that runs contrary to this proclamation. Here is is.

''Sudanese source denies normalization talks with Israel''

www.aa.com.tr...

A source with the Transitional Sovereign Council in Sudan denied reports that the council discussed normalization with Israel earlier this week nor will it discuss it during a meeting Thursday.

Admittedly , this article is from yesterday, before Trump's announcement. And yes, an unnamed source. However this also is reported in the article.

Israeli news channel i24, citing unnamed sources, reported that the Council met Wednesday and after arduous discussions decided to normalize relations with Israel.

So here, an Israeli news out let claims it is done but once again that comes from an unnamed source.

Again, if this accord has been reached then for us at least, another move toward stability in the ME is a good thing however it is achieved. I"m just not so sure that what Trump ''says'' is the true picture of events.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The President of the United States and the Prime Minister of Israel have said it's happening.

An anonymous source said it's not.

Don't pick who you want to believe based on what's more politically advantageous to your "side."

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What “Trump says” is guaranteed to be closer to the truth that what ANY media outlet says

I think that’s been obvious for years now

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

All I know at this point is that Benjamin Netanyahu, Prime Minister of Israel, and some guy from Sudan (I don't keep up with who is in power there) have also announced it. They did so over a live phone call with Trump aired on Fox. I'm sure there will be plenty of pro and con internet talking points for you soon enough.

Patience.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Don't pick who you want to believe based on what's more politically advantageous to your "side."

And I reply in kind to you Face, don't pick who you want to believe based on what's more politically advantageous to YOUR ''side''. You will note from that article I offered, the Israeli news outlet also relied upon an ''unnamed source''

So you keep believing things on Trump's say so. I will wait until more information comes to light ok?

edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 23 Oct 2020 12:16:56 -0500Fri, 23 Oct 2020 12:16:56 -050020102020-10-23T12:16:56-05:001200000016 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Patience.

THAT being the point of the information I added to the thread.

Thanks.

edit on 31America/ChicagoFri, 23 Oct 2020 12:18:55 -0500Fri, 23 Oct 2020 12:18:55 -050020102020-10-23T12:18:55-05:001200000018 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

And I reply in kind to you Face, don't pick who you want to believe based on what's more politically advantageous to YOUR ''side''. You will note from that article I offered, the Israeli news outlet also relied upon an ''unnamed source''

That would be a great point if the ONLY source for this was an unnamed source in one news article.

It's not. Leaders of two of the countries involved have announced it and numerous news outlets have covered it. And they have a history of announcing similar deals in recent times that were legit. It's not just from one anonymous source.

Do you have anything besides one anonymous source that says it's not happening?

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I do not, just as I said in my earlier post. I offered one article that did not start with ''Trump says'' simply because I always look for the ''other side'' of issues before deciding what is really going on. Unlike you I guess, I have reason to distrust what comes from Trump. Likewise, many find Benjamin Netanyahu to be an unreliable source for what is true.

So I will wait for the official announcement from the Sudanese government before I start ringing the bells of jubilee. But you go right ahead.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
People can bitch about trump all they want but it's hard to deny his success in foreign policy.
No new wars and several peace treaties in the middle east.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It could be that Sudan agrees, but doesn't particularly want to advertise it. I could get how that would work. Quietly slipping stuff in is how you keep your populace from rising up against you.

To me, Bibbie saying it is enough. If Sudan doesn't deny it, that certifies it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join