It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Companies Pushing a Political Candidate - Corporatocracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I know this has probably been done to death at this point, but I just now experienced it myself. A service that I subscribe to, for work purposes, has just sent me an email that if I don't vote for a certain political candidate I'm against Democracy.

I've tried to stay for the most part out of the political discussion in my day-to-day life, I don't watch the news, I don't talk politics with colleagues or family. I've looked at the issues and policies of the candidates and have made my choice as it pertains to what is important to me and what I feel is right. This is the first presidential election I'll ever be voting in that I've been eligible to vote in for almost 20 years, I didn't vote last time for president, or the time before, because quite frankly I didn't believe any of the words coming out of anyone's mouths. That has since changed.

That being said, a company, which can in this society say pretty much what it pleases, has decided to throw their lot behind another political candidate. Okay, no issues there from me. However, I now get an email from their CEO that if I don't vote the way they would like, say if I wanted to go third-party, it would be a vote against democracy. This is a company that has provided a valuable service to me over the years, a company that I pay a nominal fee each month to utilize, and the CEO has now decided to send out a mass email full of political rhetoric. Stating that anyone who doesn't follow his views on things is against democracy.

So I did what I could in this situation, I voted with my dollar. I cancelled a service that I've been using for over 5 years now, because of this email. If you want to change your logo for pride month, knock yourself out. If you want to make a post on your Twitter or what have you about BLM or any other issue, go right ahead. If you want to make a statement in the media about the horrid situation in Hong Kong, do it. What I won't listen to however is a CEO of a venture capital funded company coming out and telling me I'm hosing the democratic process for voting how I feel is right.

Now, the CEO has invited rebuttal via email, or other social media outlets, however we all have seen how a person can be socially crucified for voicing a dissenting opinion of the narrative. So it's an invitation, however it's one that contains a good bit of bait to it.

I guess at the end of this I'm saying, vote with your dollars. If a company says you're an enemy of your country for voting the way you feel you should vote, give them no attention, no financial backing, do not support a corporatocracy in any fashion. When corporations are pushing who you should vote for as an individual in the US, it should perk your ears up and pay a little more attention to what is really going on.

On a personal level, vote who you want, who you think will do best for you and yours. If you're voting for what you believe is right, does not make who other people vote for wrong, they too believe they're right, and perhaps they are for themselves and community. Objectively all candidates for political office have issues that you may have to reconcile with, but don't let anyone, much less someone speaking on behalf of a damn corporation tell you if you're right or wrong.

/rant

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Two things I don’t discuss at work, or really in general: politics and religion. I don’t talk about anything that could even be remotely attached to those topics either.

I applaud your closing statement about voting how you feel you should, I think that verbatim statement is missing from a lot of conversations today at the detriment of everyone.

(post by hounddoghowlie removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

How could they ever know how you voted?

They can't.

edit on 23-10-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Good Job OP.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

At least they weren't out right threatening you like the trailer park guy.

top topics

join