It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i have a question for those that have done this.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   
So come January I am going to one or two of the countries I am going to mention.
I really want to go to Bolivia.
So one of the other two are very hard to get into right now and leaving may be a challenge. I'm taking advantage of the really cheap airline prices.
So Argentina or Columbia.
My whole family is going crazy and worried but I am not. I know how to do this and already have everything in order.
Yet no one person can be always prepared.
So what other country and suggestion on what to be prepared for incase I missed something.
And if ya just want me to go down in a blaze of glory that's cool too.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Have you contacted the Bolivian consulate? I would just yo make sure you don't het stuck in a crazy foreign quarantine or something. They might have info about what might be going on Coronavirua-wise by January and what to expect.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I would stick with Belize.
Get your feet wet there and see how it is to travel in this new travel environment.
It might be quite shocking to find out at the airports what you need to enter and also exit too.
Unfortunately cash talks when you're traveling these days.
I don't have a credit card so I don't have experience with traveling with a credit card in my hip pocket.

Either way I'd say get out there and travel and travel while you can.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Have you contacted the Bolivian consulate? I would just yo make sure you don't het stuck in a crazy foreign quarantine or something. They might have info about what might be going on Coronavirua-wise by January and what to expect.

Also, how are you expecting to get into Argentina? Are you just hoping it's open to tourism by January?

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I would stick with Belize.

I love Belize, lots of expats there too. Gives a traveler a tiny bit of comfort, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Also, how are you expecting to get into Argentina? Are you just hoping it's open to tourism by January?

Let's just say I have a friend.
Unfortunately he may not be able to get me out.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Lol. Suuuureeee. You have a friend that can get you into Argentina, a country locked down to foreign tourism, but you need to consult ATS about travel plans?

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
So come January I am going to one or two of the countries I am going to mention.
So one of the other two are very hard to get into right now and leaving may be a challenge. I'm taking advantage of the really cheap airline prices.
My whole family is going crazy and worried but I am not. I know how to do this and already have everything in order.
So what other country and suggestion on what to be prepared for incase I missed something.

Stick to the whitest one (Argentina) and you'll be good.

I know it sounds racist. But trust me.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Lol. Suuuureeee. You have a friend that can get you into Argentina, a country locked down to foreign tourism, but you need to consult ATS about travel plans?

If ya play the game of life ya learn to make connections.
If you didn't then ya failed bro. Simple as that man.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

Ya that kinda what I was thinking.
Because of the whole NAZI thing.
And no it doesn't sounds racist. It sounds real.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

If ya play the game of life ya learn to make connections.
If you didn't then ya failed bro. Simple as that man.

If your friend works for the consulate, or in airport arrivals..... You still won't get in.

You will also find that most international arrivals to Argentina have been suspended, so unless you have a really good reason, a case of emergency, to get into Argentina, it isn't going to happen.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Okay. Hope your connection is Celine Dion and you live happily ever after.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Bolivia is currently under Civil Unrest...

There are no International Flights to Argentina...

You sure you've done your research?

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

Ya that kinda what I was thinking.
Because of the whole NAZI thing.
And no it doesn't sounds racist. It sounds real.

You know there are small populations of Nazi's all over Argentina, too, right?

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 22-10-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Normally I’d say you have nothing to worry about. I have a friend that moved to Colombia about 10 years ago and she loves it there. Like anywhere else, there’s good and bad parts.

The only thing I’d worry about is how you’ll be treated being from America right now. Pretty much the entire rest of the world hates us for acting like entitled dbags over the pandemic, so you might face extra scrutiny. I don’t think we’re even allowed in Europe yet.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Follow your nose and dont let the politico wankers spoil your choices in life mate.

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

A good idea is to visit the CIA world factbook and search for those respective countries.

Alternatively you can make contact with expats living there and get the perspective from your fellow countrymen.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

You're in touch weekly...biweekly w the State Dept, rt?

If not, you're already lost. Those 2 places on watch list.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I don’t think we’re even allowed in Europe yet.

Some countries with a 14 day quarantine. I was looking at going to London in November but I can't swing two weeks off.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join