It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Randi, devoted to debunking the paranormal, dies at 92

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
RIP No one ever claimed his million dollar bet...

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
uri gellar and peter popov were 2 of his best fraud reveals...sadly peter popov is on the tv with his religious sthick selling miracle spring water........supposedly the water is free but there has to be a catch he has to be making money off this in some way

Randy certainly denied ignorance

a reply to: Xtrozero

edit on 22-10-2020 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
uri gellar and peter popov were 2 of his best fraud reveals...sadly peter popov is on the tv with his religious sthick selling miracle spring water........supposedly the water is free but there has to be a catch he has to be making money off this in some way

Popoff... His water and oils are to make you debt free and even after Randi took him down on John Carson show he started to make 24 million per year back in 2005. He has since been proved as a scam 2 more times but he just keeps bouncing back making millions per year.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I kept trying to find a video that highlighted some of the Amazing Randi's presentations, unfortunately the quality of a video copy of a video copy makes for terrible viewing. But I found this one which isn't too bad. And it does include the Spoon bending 'trick'.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: research100

Popoff... His water and oils are to make you debt free and even after Randi took him down on John Carson show he started to make 24 million per year back in 2005. He has since been proved as a scam 2 more times but he just keeps bouncing back making millions per year.

There is a special place in hell for the likes of Popoff.

He would throw away cheques for up to $25 because they weren’t worth his time to cash.

I genuinely wonder how many people have died thanks to Popoff and those like him telling people to stop taking their pills and ending their treatments. I know atleast one person whose grandfather died of cancer a month after being “healed” by Oral Roberts, but not before he left Roberts ministry every penny he owned in his will.

Absolute lowest of the low.

posted on Oct, 24 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I'd hope he feels more enlightened now and in awe. Not stupid.

James is safe on the other side, the comment wasn't meant to trigger him.

edit on 24-10-2020 by kennyb72 because: add quote

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

I'm always going to remember Randi as the man who set up that impossible to win challenge which set up so many pre-conditions that you could parade a Unicorn around central park alongside a signed bill of sail from Merlin, and he'd still tell you that it was a man in a gorilla suit.

His legacy is tainted for me.

Nice projection

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I wonder whether the dead Randi will attempt to prove survival of consciousness by contacting a medium at a seance?
No doubt he will think it would be a waste of time because it cannot be true that he is still conscious somewhere, so that it must be a just a hoax that someone has pulled to make him think that he is still alive.....

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Rumors are that he spontaneously combusted after having his knee healed by a street preacher

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Too soon? 🙂 It WAS funny. If you are not a relative it's appropriate

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I went to the "Randi" web forum many...many, years ago. I knew my thread would be explosive, but the regulars just went insane. I asked something to the effect of my being suspect of where humans life first began on this planet as it is taught. Gradually members came in and, needless to say, they couldnt win the debate. All they could do was lay down blistering ad-hominems and, ofc, i was 'racist' for even scratching my head and going 'now wait a second, you mean to tell me all those chinese people got up and walked to China? then I said 'why dont you tell me at what point they turned Chinese'...they went ballistic.

I saw it as the definition of 'irony'. Water under the bridge now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join