It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old dream about the Landers quake of 1992

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Thought I'd share this dream I had when I was 17.

On the morning of June 27, 1992 I had a doozy of a dream. I was living in Costa Mesa, that's approximately 40 miles south of Los Angeles, and was living with my sister and mom.

Dream:

I was near a swimming pool speaking to someone about a cat that was nearby. They said something to the effect of "It sure is dirty for a pet", or something like that. It's been a long time and I don't exactly remember. I walked past the pool and found myself in the desert. I was looking across the sand towards the horizon. A short distance away and to my left was a stone obelisk. A bright star fell from the sky across the horizon as it descended towards the Earth. I then looked to my right and saw the Sun shining. It was enveloped by the moon like an eye lid closing that was resting on its side. As the moon passed over and the Sun emerged on the other side like the eye opening from the top the rays blasted out and the heat was too much. I covered my eyes with my right arm and reached out my left hand to block the Sun as I fell to my knees. I then woke up in the dream and walked downstairs where my mom was working on something. I asked her if she could show me on a map where the San Andreas fault line ran. She removed a map from a drawer and spread it out on a table. She pointed to a spot on the map then ran her finger down an imaginary line.

I woke up and walked downstairs. My mom was in the living room working on a project like in the dream. I asked her the same question I had asked in the dream and she produced the same map in the same fashion, placed it on the same table and pointed to the same spot and ran her finger down the same line. I told her the dream I just had and about the map part. She thought it was interesting, but didn't say much else. Later that day she had us pack up to go camping out at Calico Ghost Town in the Mojave desert, San Bernardino county. Needles to say it was June and very hot. It certainly was not much fun. We set up camp and spent the day waking around the town. That night I was in the tent and had the Colman lantern on for light. The wind picked up and billowed the bottom of the tent. I thought the lamp was falling over, so I grabbed it. Unfortunately I grabbed it on the top. I received second degree burns on the palm of my left hand. We sprayed it down with burn spray, and as we did not have any insurance, and poor af, I agreed to forgo the hospital visit and take some over the counter pain killers. We filled a bowl full of ice water and I soaked my hand in it over night. Later, when the burn went away, my hand was stuck in a clinched fist for a long time. I had a ring burned around the base of the fingers and the base of my palm. The hill just below my index finger had touched the bear nut and lost a few layers of skin. It looked like a bullseye on my hand. That night I couldn't sleep for the pain and laid on my sleeping bag. The moon was shinning through the canvas of the tent and looked like a bright star on the wall. I laid there all night watching it slowly descend to the horizon. At some point in the early morning I heard a rumble coming from the distance. From experience growing up in California I knew it was an earthquake. I reached over and grabbed the base of the lamp so it wouldn't fall over just as the shock hit us. After it passed I let go of the lamp and fell asleep. I found out later that my mom was up the whole time as she was afraid I was going to fall asleep and throw the bowl of ice water across the room which I was holding on my chest with my right hand. She watched as the rumble came and I non nonchalantly reached over and braced the lamp then went to sleep. I think the whole thing weirded her out a bit. Listening to the news the next morning we learned it was a 7.2 in Landers. I don't think it would have caused us much distress in Costa Mesa, I don't remember any damage to our apartment. So, it was an interesting series of events.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SilentWindofDoom
Just curious why you chose today to share the dream. I only recently started dreaming again .myself. after not really doing so for years, I have kinda started to get addicted to my dreaming as they kind of feel like I'm not even dreaming, but just living another life.

After years of smoking medication, I stopped a few weeks ago. And now I really en joy dreaming again. Literally nearly a straight decade of no recalled dreams except brief periods of time when I did not smoke.

I must say it feels great to dream again.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I shared a dream I had recently in another thread and remembered this one. So, figured I'd share. I use to smoke medication, buy don't remember it effecting my dreams.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SilentWindofDoom

Maybe my stuff was too strong?? A few people have suggested it just puts me into too deep of a sleep and could not remember them but that I likely still dreamed.all I know now is I can recall them nearly everyday as if they are memory of a different life.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

If you want to remember your dreams, keep a journal next to the bed. Whenever you wake up at night write down what you dreamed before you go back to sleep. The crazy stuff I wrote that I don't remember even waking up and writing

top topics

join