It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan Peterson Returns To The Public Forum

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun
To be fair to him he isn't anti-pharma intervention.

He's pretty famous for saying "Clean up your room, sort yourself out and take your meds".

One only has to look at his debating skills and strength in the face of adversity to see he isn't a weakling.

Additionally, to ask for help is a sign of great strength... To come off an addictive medicine such as benzos is also a sign of great strength.

You are of course entitled to you opinion, no matter how crazy we all think it is!

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
At the 1:55 mark in the following video JP is asked a question about suicide and almost immediately he starts tearing up and mentions that the question cut close to the bone because his family has a lot experience with depression. The video was uploaded in 2018 so it was probably around the time he started taking benzos or not long before he started. He's obviously a very sensitive person but that doesn't make a person weak, it makes him empathetic.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Some people just want to be hateful and offer the world nothing. Tearing down others as "weak" for suffering this life like everyone else is the height of conceit. Nothing but ego papering over insecurity in such a ridiculous criticism.

Then there's Jordan Peterson. He never lied to anyone. The basis of his philosophy is that life is suffering. Because life is suffering you had better ready yourself to deal with it because you will suffer, that life will kick you in the teeth and at the end of it all you will die and the least you can do is help someone else along the path you've already walked.

The mind virus that poisons the thoughts of people who look at a figure like Peterson with such disdain have never actually read anything he's written or really listened to anything he has said.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I listened to a some of his lectures and some of what he says makes a lot of sense. But then again there are some things I disagree with. Like how Jordan Peterson has suggested that people with lower IQs are more likely to develop PTSD, that basically if you're stupid you will suffer harder.

Jordan Peterson also really worships the idea of high IQs, it seems like he'd be one of those people on the internet boasting about his own high IQ, while demeaning people of average intelligence almost accidentally by asserting that people of lower intelligence can still contribute meaningfully to society even though they're stupid.

He does come off as being a bit of a snob imo and acts like people who don't understand him are just too stupid to understand him when really everything he's saying is basically common sense and not all that eye opening imo.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I've never heard Peterson speak like that to anyone. I'm not sure we're talking about the same Peterson.

He's a clinical psychologist, not just some media personality.

He made the suggestion because in 2002 the VA conducted a study that made that link:

WebMD Jan. 30, 2002

Now research suggests that intelligence may play a role. Jennifer J. Vasterling, PhD, and co-workers at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center, New Orleans, gave verbal intelligence tests to Vietnam War veterans with and without PTSD. Even after taking into account the intensity of their battle experiences, the veterans who did better on the IQ tests were less likely to have PTSD.

Jordan Peterson also really worships the idea of high IQs, it seems like he'd be one of those people on the internet boasting about his own high IQ, while demeaning people of average intelligence almost accidentally by asserting that people of lower intelligence can still contribute meaningfully to society even though they're stupid.

I have never seen or heard of this from him. Your opinions should at least have more than who you think he SEEMS to be.

He does come off as being a bit of a snob imo and acts like people who don't understand him are just too stupid to understand him when really everything he's saying is basically common sense and not all that eye opening imo.

He does come off as being a bit of a snob imo and acts like people who don't understand him are just too stupid

Citation Needed.

when really everything he's saying is basically common sense and not all that eye opening imo.

If that were true he wouldn't be as famous as he is.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I listened to a some of his lectures and some of what he says makes a lot of sense. But then again there are some things I disagree with. Like how Jordan Peterson has suggested that people with lower IQs are more likely to develop PTSD, that basically if you're stupid you will suffer harder.

That seems like an odd theory.

I feel like it would happen in similar densities... But that's just speculation on my part.

I could see people with lower IQ's being able to just accept things they're told without resentment. People with higher IQ's might be able to reconcile things better, but I could also see some getting hung up on things or more prone to cynicism.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It's the same exact Peterson.

It might've been the first video lecture where he explains Pinocchio, but I'm not sure. I've watched a few over an hr long each lectures. I bought a book because I was inspired by one of them- The Origins and History of Consciousness by Erich Neuman.

Just sayin, the man is a human being and not the end all be all. I'm allowed to disagree with some of the stuff he's saying.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

On the contrary, he's famous because he's selling common sense. A lot of what he says is common, it makes sense, and it resonates with the majority- that's why he's popular.
edit on 21-10-2020 by geezlouise because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yeah it was a really bold statement he really did make in one of his lectures- it was a classroom lecture. I'm looking for it now.

See the problem is that people don't want to watch the full long lectures, they want to watch short clips. But the short clips don't tell all.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You were framing it as though his efforts in selling common sense were meaningless. At least that's how I took it.

Secondly, I provided the reason for Peterson to make that remark about PTSD.

Edit:

Why does your avatar look so familiar?

edit on 10 21 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I made my gif avatar by looking at myself.

It's not a real self portrait, I was just looking to create a new and completely original face lightly modeled after my own. I do however have a familiar face- people have often approached me thinking they know me or have seen me before.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You're one hell of an artist.

I've seen your pictures before but I didn't make the connection.

Now I see it in the eyebrows.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Thanks! Lol star for stroking my ego.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

lol Any time.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise

originally posted by: projectvxn

On the contrary, he's famous because he's selling common sense. A lot of what he says is common, it makes sense, and it resonates with the majority- that's why he's popular.

I think only the intelligent people see his explanations as common sense.... I fear you may be guilty of exactly what you accused Jordan Peterson of.

I have a degree in psychology, worked as a counsellor, currently work in an industry which is stereotypically full of 'geeks'.... and I certainly don't think what he says is common sense. But maybe I'm stoopid!

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Are you having some kind of lefty meltdown live on ATS?
You're baked man....

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Having a degree in psychology, working as a counsellor, or working in any industry which is stereotypically full of geeks doesn't mean you're intelligent.

Not in this world where anybody can buy a degree just as long as they have enough money- and where just about anybody could be a counsellor or work in geek industries thanks to nepotism and cronyism.

You don't get any extra special stars or credibility for that, in fact you lose credibility for throwing all of that out there as if to manipulate us into thinking that what you have to say is more important and has credibility. I understand what you did there, it's a dick move.

Lol.

I do feel a little guilty ripping on Jordan Peterson though- he's not stupid. That's not what I meant to say.

Idk why I got all contrary, sometimes I just get in the mood. I'm in a contrary mood, that's all.

posted on Oct, 23 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Wow girl... you've got issues, maybe you should speak to Dr Peterson and see if he can help you out

Relax. You'll live longer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join