It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Gizmo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Just back from the vet to have our little fella, Gizmo put down.
Gizmo was a little shih tzu/bishon mix and a total ahole when it came to barking at...EVERYTHING.
He was suffering from kidney failure...but lived a wonderful 9 years since we found him in a rescue as a puppy and took him and his brother home with us.
We spoiled the hell out of him...and he got to spend a great life full of love...and lots of doggie treats for always being a good boy.

I never thought I'd miss his constant yapping...but I sure miss it right now.

Rest In Peace, Gizmo.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Sorry to hear that, man, one of the most awful things we have to do.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Sorry buddy, it was devasting when I drove my 20 yo son with our dog to the vet about 7 years ago to out him to sleep. After we drove him home to bury him tears running down both our eyes. My wife refused to cone out to see us bury him. I feel your loss. Dogs are special

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You're not wrong there

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

TY.
We should all strive to be as great as our dogs think we are. (Don't remember who said that).
But, dogs are special.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It's hard when you get attached. I had to put my massive yellow lab "Lancelot" down many years ago. I had to take off work the rest of the day. I told myself then, i wouldn't get as attached like I did.

Sorry man, hang on to the fond memories for sure!

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Only another adopted dog can love you like Gizmo.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

RIP Gizmo
Sorry for your loss.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Sorry to hear that, it's a tough deal.

Take solace in the fact that he lived a better life due yourself and your family.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Giz stopped eating and wasn't responsive for several days...but when I was in the vet's room with him...and while he was under the first dose of anethesia and semi-conscious...someone out in the lobby brought in a loud mewling cat...he raised his head from the table and the last thing he heard was the thing he loved barking at incessantly.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss. It is wonderful that you gave him such a great life. That is the best we can do for them, in return for all the love they give us.

Is his brother still with you? How is he doing?

When we lost our bulldog, our boxer was there, so she "knew" he was gone. But she moped around the house for almost a week.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I'm so sorry for your loss. It is wonderful that you gave him such a great life. That is the best we can do for them, in return for all the love they give us.

Is his brother still with you? How is he doing?

When we lost our bulldog, our boxer was there, so she "knew" he was gone. But she moped around the house for almost a week.

Gizmo was the runt of the litter rescue of 7...and always small and sickly.
His brother was, by far, the largest and most robust...and remains healthy and active.

It's funny...they've been together since the womb...and, from his actions, I could tell Gizmo's brother was aware his brother was dying. The past few days, he would stay distant from him.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thank you, everyone...for you kind words.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I Had a shih tzu named Gizmo My buddy. One of my saddest days when he died.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I'm sorry for your loss friend.

A creature so full of love should have a longer life span

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Im so sorry for your loss. I wish dogs could live 80 years. I know what you feel like. A year ago, everything was fine here. Just after Christmas Bruno became sick. X-rays showed an enormous tumor next to his heart. We had to let him go only weeks later. He was Baby's mate, and my best friend. I never had a dog like him before. I think about him every day

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Just back from the vet to have our little fella, Gizmo put down.
Gizmo was a little shih tzu/bishon mix and a total ahole when it came to barking at...EVERYTHING.
He was suffering from kidney failure...but lived a wonderful 9 years since we found him in a rescue as a puppy and took him and his brother home with us.
We spoiled the hell out of him...and he got to spend a great life full of love...and lots of doggie treats for always being a good boy.

I never thought I'd miss his constant yapping...but I sure miss it right now.

Rest In Peace, Gizmo.

Ugh, I am very sorry for your loss buddy. My wife and I went through that process almost three years ago to the day and we still aren't totally 100%. By far the worst day of my life, it still makes me emotional to this day. I have had the pleasure of making many friends in this life, she was by far the best one I ever had, we were inseparable. I really feel your pain. My soul hurts for you.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss
It is hard but at least he is no longer suffering, got to live a good life full of love and family

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join