It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immaculate Concussion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I came across this article which relates an experience a CIA operative had in Russia. I know here people will jump on this because it mentioned Russia, but this also happened in Cuba, China and even the U.S. It is a long article but worth the read. It would be nice if this discussion could not turn into a political debate and have some good knowledgeable ATSers have input about the tech and whether it's being used.

It seems to be the result of a direct energy weapon. Similar things have been discussed here before. Do you think this technology exists? Do you think it is being used? Here are examples of use against U.S. citizens, I haven't looked further, but if it is being used, I'm sure it's used in a variety of people who are members of other governments.

Struggling to regain control over his body, Polymeropoulos couldn’t have imagined that this incident would upend his life. It would end a promising career that had just catapulted him into the ranks of senior CIA leadership, and threw him into the middle of a growing international mystery that has puzzled diplomats and scientists, and raised concerns on Capitol Hill. In the months ahead, he would come to realize that it wasn’t a spoiled sandwich that had mowed him down. Rather, it was his macabre initiation into a growing club of dozens of American diplomats, spies, and government employees posted abroad who were suffering in much the same way he was—targets of what some experts and doctors now believe were attacks perpetrated by unknown assailants wielding novel directed energy weapons. Though many of these apparent attacks have been publicized, including those that took place in Cuba and China, others have not been revealed until now, including at least two incidents that officials from the CIA and Capitol Hill say targeted American citizens on American soil.

GQ

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

I remember hearing an idea that the incidents in cube were linked to heavy pesticide use that year due to zika.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Do you think this technology exists?

Yes.

I believe there were news stories about the incident in Cuba. A couple of the podcasts I listen to have discussed it too.
Anything that can be weaponized will be studied and used against the "enemy" and us.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

I hadn't heard that, I'll check into it. It seems pretty horrible on the people affected. Some in wheel chairs now, one person has to wear a weighted vest all the time due to balance issues. Most can't work any longer. Terrible.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This is a step-up from the crowd control "weapon" they had in the 1990s, just upgraded. So definitely they have one.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

If that's the case, we can assume our county has one too. Wonder if we have used it.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Oh yeah that is true. Also, might have already been used against us. No idea.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think the sonic devices that are being publicly used are just the tip of the iceberg. A lot of R&D dollars went into the mosquito device before it became acceptable for use on the general public. The Philadelphia City Council rolled this device out for use in all public parks. Government using a sonic device to control the public.

www.npr.org...

Private entities use sonic deterrents too:

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Buvvy

Thanks for the links. I had no idea. I do not like this at all. I can only imagine where we're headed.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I've heard stories about directed energy weapons. It was microwaves in the stories I have heard about. US embassy staff being attacked in Moscow, similar in Cuba (although the type of weapon wasn't mentioned there).

The stories went so far as to say that they could put chirps and voices in your head.

Im interested in seeing more as well.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah it was microwaves in this story also. Yikes, although I mean no surprise really I suppose from things we've been able to read and DARPA stuff. The things we don't hear about are probably more frightening.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Yeah it was microwaves in this story also. Yikes, although I mean no surprise really I suppose from things we've been able to read and DARPA stuff. The things we don't hear about are probably more frightening.

What do you Think Started All those Wildfires in California ? DEW's...........

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Found the NYT article By William J. Broad
Sept. 1, 2018

www.nytimes.com...

During the Cold War, Washington feared that Moscow was seeking to turn microwave radiation into covert weapons of mind control.

More recently, the American military itself sought to develop microwave arms that could invisibly beam painfully loud booms and even spoken words into people’s heads. The aims were to disable attackers and wage psychological warfare.

Now, doctors and scientists say such unconventional weapons may have caused the baffling symptoms and ailments that, starting in late 2016, hit more than three dozen American diplomats and family members in Cuba and China. The Cuban incidents resulted in a diplomatic rupture between Havana and Washington.

The medical team that examined 21 affected diplomats from Cuba made no mention of microwaves in its detailed report published in JAMA in March. But Douglas H. Smith, the study’s lead author and director of the Center for Brain Injury and Repair at the University of Pennsylvania, said in a recent interview that microwaves were now considered a main suspect and that the team was increasingly sure the diplomats had suffered brain injury.

“Everybody was relatively skeptical at first,” he said, “and everyone now agrees there’s something there.” Dr. Smith remarked that the diplomats and doctors jokingly refer to the trauma as the immaculate concussion. Strikes with microwaves, some experts now argue, more plausibly explain reports of painful sounds, ills and traumas than do other possible culprits — sonic attacks, viral infections and contagious anxiety.

In particular, a growing number of analysts cite an eerie phenomenon known as the Frey effect, named after Allan H. Frey, an American scientist. Long ago, he found that microwaves can trick the brain into perceiving what seem to be ordinary sounds.

he false sensations, the experts say, may account for a defining symptom of the diplomatic incidents — the perception of loud noises, including ringing, buzzing and grinding. Initially, experts cited those symptoms as evidence of stealthy attacks with sonic weapons.

Members of Jason, a secretive group of elite scientists that helps the federal government assess new threats to national security, say it has been scrutinizing the diplomatic mystery this summer and weighing possible explanations, including microwaves.

Asked about the microwave theory of the case, the State Department said the investigation had yet to identify the cause or source of the attacks. And the F.B.I. declined to comment on the status of the investigation or any theories.

The microwave idea teems with unanswered questions. Who fired the beams? The Russian government? The Cuban government? A rogue Cuban faction sympathetic to Moscow? And, if so, where did the attackers get the unconventional arms?

At his home outside Washington, Mr. Frey, the scientist who uncovered the neural phenomenon, said federal investigators have questioned him on the diplomatic riddle and that microwave radiation is considered a possible cause.

Mr. Frey, now 83, has traveled widely and long served as a contractor and a consultant to a number of federal agencies. He speculated that Cubans aligned with Russia, the nation’s longtime ally, might have launched microwave strikes in attempts to undermine developing ties between Cuba and the United States.

“It’s a possibility,” he said at his kitchen table. “In dictatorships, you often have factions that think nothing of going against the general policy if it suits their needs. I think that’s a perfectly viable explanation.”

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Excellent article. I think I need some time to go down the rabbit hole on this topic. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Excellent article. I think I need some time to go down the rabbit hole on this topic. Thanks!

There is literature out there going back to the 60's. Been awhile since i've dug into any of it, and i didn't dig really very deep (i was researching stuff on Bearden at the time).

I'd offer to pitch in, but im just swinging through here briefly in between tasks at work.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There are YouTube videos showing Long Range Acoustic Devices (LRADs) aka “Sound Cannons” being deployed against BLM protestors. www.google.com...

The LRAD is also known as the “Voice of God” weapon as it can transmit an audible message to just one person in a crowd of people. www.wired.com...

Back in 2008 the National Institutes of Justice (private company) was working on a microwave weapon (Active Denial System) for use by law enforcement. The weapon would use a 2 meter beam of short microwaves to heat up the outer layer of a persons skin and cause pain. www.smithsonianmag.com...

This article in Forbes explains that both non lethal weapons are being considered for use by the police. www.forbes.com...

If this is what is being used by the police I can only imagine the toys that the Military/Special Ops guys have.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

No worries, appreciate the info. I'm in here between zoom meetings as well. It will be a good rabbit hole to fall into when I can't sleep.

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I've seen the LRAD in use against the protesters. No idea it could be used on just one person in the crowd!

posted on Oct, 20 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Definitely real.

RE

Now, as a CIA investigation points the blame at Russia, the victims are left wondering why so little is being done by the Trump administration.

Little is being said or done because we have the tech too (we helped make it).
And so although it is an open secret, the particulars are still secret so they would like to keep it that way.

We all here know this research has been ongoing since the....forever.
Now it's not just voice to skull, it's incite and change behaviour surreptitiously.

See: random animal deaths. birds dropping out of sky. etc.

top topics

join