It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anchovy pizza

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I have two authentic Mexican places near me and they serve fish tacos. Their fish are fried without batter. I like them better that way.

Same, but too many places here make Mexican food for gringos.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I dont mind Anchovies but I wouldent other them myself but there theres a pizza with them on the table ill have a slice

I'll eat just about any topping on good pizza except pineapple

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Tried it one time. I could handle the smoke flavor but the salt was way overboard and the bones. Lordy, the fish bones I couldn't handle at all.

What I love on pizza is shrimp but I can't find it available around here any longer.
edit on 19-10-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: rickymouse
I have never had a fish Taco, but I would bet I would like that, but not if it had anchovies on it.

They're typically battered and fried ocean fish like mahi or some sort of white fish.

I was reading on the diet of the hispanic people centuries ago and there was a lot of information showing that a fish taco like food was eaten by them quite often. These people also ate tongue tacos made from the tongues of various animals over the last three or four generations. I have had a tongue taco, it is really tasty, my son in law is a hispanic born in guatamala, but I guess they did this in Mexico too and still do. I had one of his tongue tacos, I get the tongue when I get my half head of cow, seems like whomever gets the other half never takes the tongue. I usually boil it then skin it and fry it and make sandwiches out of it, very tasty but the wife thinks it is gross. I made smoked beef Jerky out of the heart, that went over great with my friends, but their wives wrinkled their faces over that.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Tacos de lengua, good stuff.

The guys who used to work for me turned me on to all types of stuff I never would have tried because I didn't know about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The guys who used to work for me turned me on to all types of stuff I never would have tried because I didn't know about it.

Agreed on the lengua.
One of the two places I talked about has them. The other one doesn't because of the time involved in making them (blanching and cleaning tongues takes time and effort) and expense.
They are delicious.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I made some al pastor this weekend and it was great, I spit roasted as you're supposed to so taking the time to do it right pays off like those places you mentioned.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lengua is good. Buche is better.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of tripe, my grandmother used to make it and it wasn't my favorite.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I got to eat stuffed pork stomach fairly often as a child.
There is a local Puerto Rican establishment near me that makes a fairly good soup with strips of stomach in it. Puerto Ricans swear by it as a good remedy for alcoholic hangover.

edit on b000000312020-10-19T11:49:51-05:0011America/ChicagoMon, 19 Oct 2020 11:49:51 -05001100000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I should actually cook and prep the tongue next time my Son in Law is back from his job drilling mine test holes. He is in Utah in the mountains presently. If I get it prepped, he could make it into tacos. I have one tongue in the freezer now, I have another coming in a month when I get my half cow. I also have some heart which I grind into burger for meatloaf which makes excellent meatloaf. Plus the raw ground heart is great for cats. Especially if they are old and have aches and pains, it has a store of natural pain releavers, it actually works real good when I have back pain...it goes right away. Funny they have not made a medicine out of that chemical yet. The heart pain chemistry is almost identical in all mammals from what I read and the highest concentration by far of this chemical is in our hearts.

The body can make this unless the creation of the enzymes that create it is interfered with by certain food and pharmaceutical chemistries. It utilizes multiple enzymes if I remember right to make this chemical and there is also some special chemical enzymes to put it in and out of storage in the heart muscle....but the articles I read did not state what exact enzymes were at play in that, only that there was a process that happens. It will be nice in maybe twenty years if they can take a sample of something and find deficiencies and give you the enzymes or stimulate the enzymes you need to complete the process. This chemical is different than the endocannibinoid chemistry, but it may be related...sucks when the article does not let us know. I got interested in this when I noticed that the nineteen year old cats pain went away when she ate raw ground heart and my back soreness disappeared too, and never returned. That research I did must have been about four or five years ago or so. If need be I will subscribe to a yearly research database in the future if free access goes away to all the government paid research. I may not have agreed with some of the things Obama did, but when he made the health research paid by our government free to access, I did like that. But now, to access it third parties have bought the rights for some of it from the people who did the research, so to access the full research including parameters, you have to pay, only the summary is free much of the time.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I have one tongue in the freezer now...I also have some heart...

And people think I'm weird for having organs in the freezer...

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I love eating the heart at well...it doesn't matter what animal.
Lots of nutrition in hearts.

I have been looking for chicken hearts lately, I want to do them battered and fried and dipped in ranch sauce.

As for anchovies?
I'll eat just about anything.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Mmmm and Kipper snacks on crackers! Mouth is now watering thank you Pavlov...

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

There's a pizza joint in Talkeetna Alaska called Mountain High Pizza. They have the Mountain High pizza which is a 15" pizza with every topping they offer on one pie. There are 34 total toppings, and they have 4 of them which are "controversial" so you have to explicitly ask for them to be put on the pizza. Those controversial toppings are jalepenos, blue cheese, pineapple, and anchovies. Last time I had one was after 2 days of fly fishing for king salmon that involved standing chest deep in the river for 12 hours a day. My wife and kids split a large pizza with like 4 different toppings and I slammed an entire 4-5 lb Mountain High plus several beers. I will be 100% honest, the anchovies were amazing when you're already worn out and your body is seeking salt.

www.pizzapietalkeetna.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of tripe, my grandmother used to make it and it wasn't my favorite.

Agreed. The only time I've ever had tripe that didn't have an underlying taste of cow# was when the tripe had been soaked overnight in buttermilk... but the texture is not enjoyable regardless, so I'll pass.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I like hog maw better than cow tripe. The street taco crew makes it so, so porky. It's somehow more porky than really good pork.

As far as cow's tripe goes, it's hit or miss. I think it depends on how it is prepared really. I've had some that I didn't care for at all, but then I go somewhere else, and it's really pretty good.

The texture doesn't put me off.
edit on 19-10-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

That's called Guanciale in Italian and they make the best bacon in the world with it.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

We can consistently get packages of chicken hearts at our grocery store. So we usually eat them with pasta in garlic butter sauce.

As far beef heart goes, there is a butcher shop locally that brines it, smokes it and shaves it thin ... that's some awesome stuff!

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Yeah they do em in Australia. On crackers...I my try em out. I prefer the imported ones that come in glass like Augustus said

Must grab a pizza soon yummy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join