It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Trueman with Car fuses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Dear friends, I have this little problem with my car. I'm sure I'll find the right answer here and I want to thank you all in advance.

I have a 2014 Scion XD. The cig lighter/power outlet is not working. I heard most of the time the problem is a bad fuse. So I checked the manual and ordered the fuses according to that.

The manual says the corresponding fuse is in a box by the driver's seat. I found the spot and the box there doesn't look at all like the one on the manual. Here the pics :

The manual says it's a 15A locaced in the slot #7.

The box is totally different.

In the front, by the motor there is the other fuse box.

This is the diagram on the cover of that box. I can't tell if the fuse is there maybe.

You can tell my knowledge in this field is very low. Please, if you can answer don't be too technical.

Thanks again !

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

You could just test every fuse. You need a test light to do that the easy way.

You can buy a cheap one at the parts store for less the ten bucks.

ETA- Looks like you can look and see if the fuses are burnt, now that the pics loaded.

edit on 18-10-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman I don't think that second picture is your interior fuse box. JMO

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I agree with Budman, I do not think you’ve found the fuse box yet. Those are relays not fuses.

Check to the lower left of your steering wheel or as you open the driver door in the side of the dashboard.
edit on 18-10-2020 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The first one thats the wrong box it should be underneath that or in that general area its got a black cover on it

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Budman
a reply to: Trueman I don't think that second picture is your interior fuse box. JMO

Exactly. That's all I see in the place where the fuses should be.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Scion xd

Watch the second video at the link. Hope it helps.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
On most vehicles , that fuse box is under the dash near the steering column.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hi Trueman,

Forget the fuse box in the engine bay. Under the hood... I'm in UK so terminology is different.

If you PM me your VIN number I can get you straight there.

A cheap test lamp could be your friend - but you gotta locate the Interior fuse box.

You first pic looks like it although maybe the rear of it. we don't have Scions here.

But I'll see what I can find - hold on...

originally posted by: Trueman
Dear friends, I have this little problem with my car. I'm sure I'll find the right answer here and I want to thank you all in advance.

I have a 2014 Scion XD. The cig lighter/power outlet is not working. I heard most of the time the problem is a bad fuse. So I checked the manual and ordered the fuses according to that.

The manual says the corresponding fuse is in a box by the driver's seat. I found the spot and the box there doesn't look at all like the one on the manual. Here the pics :

The manual says it's a 15A locaced in the slot #7.

The box is totally different.

In the front, by the motor there is the other fuse box.

This is the diagram on the cover of that box. I can't tell if the fuse is there maybe.

You can tell my knowledge in this field is very low. Please, if you can answer don't be too technical.

Thanks again !

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Under driver's dash a small flap to open - there are two under driver's dash.

info here

a reply to: YesTodayTomorrow

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
When you do find the right fuse box, there is usually a diagram on the inside of the lid that says what fuse is where.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Did you recently do anything like replace your headlights or anything to that nature? I am asking if you had any work done to your vehicle recently and if not have you checked if all your lights work? I know it sounds dumb as s hit but your scion will act crazy if all of its electronic sensors and systems are not satisfied resulting in strange and unpredictable results.

Good example my friend last week tried to replace his headlights with an upgraded led style light that drew less power resulted in his wipers to randomly turn on and off and his gauge dimmer would shut off and turn on the interior lights.

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Budman

This was my first thought.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Fuse #12...15amp
Under the big plastic cover to left and below steering wheel..right where your left knee would hit.
The cover has 3 visible tabs that hold it on.
Don't try and put a cig lighter in those outlets.
Ask me how i know...lol
edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: Addded2

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
www.carcarekiosk.com...

good luck

Just a few seconds on that video were enough to see I was looking in he wrong spot. Thank you so much !!!!!!!

I was looking behind the little compartment near that area. I removed the lid and saw what I thought it should be the fuse box.

I was so wrong.

Thank you so much !!!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: YesTodayTomorrow
Under driver's dash a small flap to open - there are two under driver's dash.

info here

a reply to: YesTodayTomorrow

Thank you. That link confirms I was making a mistake. I thought it was behind the little storage compartment. Thank you !!!

top topics

join