It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Pope – Twenty Five Years Taking the UAPee?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
For those keeping up.

kevinrandle.blogspot.com...

So far all I see amongst them is the usual school yard nonsense which takes away from it all.

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep
For those keeping up.

So far all I see amongst them is the usual school yard nonsense which takes away from it all.

Yeah...ah.. I agree

He’s making a career out of defending his career!

I’m now over Nicky..... he’s passé.....a hasbeen.

Not worth a post to be typed...

I’m out off this thread too...
edit on 28-11-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

To be frank, I would not give any one of them the time of day. The latest went off course.

Onwards it all goes.

edit on 28-11-2020 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Pope was a junior office clerk not Britains fox Mulder, there has been a row going on between pope and Clarke for about 12 years regarding his holiness real job at the mod.
the reason it has all come up again is because Clarke got annoyed that pope was contacted by the media and not him as he had started another investigation regarding the calvine ufo photo and the extra years of d notice the mod had put on it as Clarke is trying to get it overturned in court. a reply to: Baablacksheep

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: wobbs62

Yes Wobb but they seem to do little other than throwing mud. It reminds me of a sedated version of the larry Warren drama and that sure got ugly. Philip is true to form re spreading all the Nick stuff. Lot of tender ego's too.

edit on 29-11-2020 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Im no fan of popes but when people start accusing him and others of taking drugs then you have lost the argument, there seems to be a few in ufoligy that like making serious accusations without showing a shred of evidence. reply to: Baablacksheep

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: wobbs62
Pope was a junior office clerk not Britains fox Mulder, there has been a row going on between pope and Clarke for about 12 years regarding his holiness real job at the mod.

the reason it has all come up again is because Clarke got annoyed that pope was contacted by the media and not him as he had started another investigation regarding the calvine ufo photo and the extra years of d notice the mod had put on it as Clarke is trying to get it overturned in court. a reply to: Baablacksheep

According to Clarke, in a recent interview regarding the Calvine photo, the name of the original photographer of the had been redacted from all documentation released under FOIA. So HE lodged an appeal for the names to be revealed after 30 years. No mention of a D Notice.

posted on Nov, 29 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Dater protection protocol, thats what the mod were using as an excuse not to release the files, I hope for the witnesses that their names don't get released as they will no doubt get hounded by many people or their families if no longer alive. a reply to: mirageman

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Not heard of Pope been accused of taking drugs? Likes the bottle though or did.

To be frank all I see is Philip shouting across time and space ( Facebook) and copy and pasting the same party lines on threads about liking Pope and inviting him to his house story when someone asks a question. Then the usual people out to make a noise. What is all this about again?

Aliens landed and they never noticed 😂..

So, Pope is in the dog house and Phil is the screaming banshee telling us.

posted on Nov, 30 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Oh you will be surprised baa, I happened to see a post from phillip about pope, via a friends fb page and someone added to the thread and accused one of the RFI witnesses as being a coc aine addict and added that pope used to disappear with him at conferences to no doubt powder their noses.
lots of nasty crazy stuff being written out there. a reply to: Baablacksheep

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Nothing can surprise me. Close observations suggest they are all in the mud together. In passing another Randles blog. Hope this one produces more than 4 comments like the other. Philip is on a roll with it all so it seems.

edit on 1-12-2020 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: wobbs62
Dater protection protocol, thats what the mod were using as an excuse not to release the files, I hope for the witnesses that their names don't get released as they will no doubt get hounded by many people or their families if no longer alive. a reply to: mirageman

My suspicion is that that no D notice was served on the press [Daily Record]. But a certain amount of psychological pressure may have been brought to bear on the photographer and Daily Record to keep the photo out of the public eye under the umbrella of national security. With the MoD knowing full well what the photo showed. It would also explain why Nick Pope never smuggled a copy out of his office in all of his 3 years there.

I agree if the name[s] are ever released then that will 'release the hounds' and it won't be pleasant if the above is true.

What many 'ufo consumers' do not probably appreciate is that what appears to be government and military attempts to cover up UFOs is in fact nothing more than protecting defensive capabilities from adversaries.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

Asking whether Nick investigated UFOs for the British Govt. is semantics really. If he read a UFO report during his line of work then he can argue it was part of his job.

The point of this thread was to illustrate how a career in ufology was built from exaggeration and implication.

1) NIck's role included dealing with UFO reports from public and press as a small part of his job. Maybe a few hour a week?

2) HIs grade was one above entry level admin grades in the MoD. This shows how much responsibility the role carried. It was obviously viewed as a minor position within the MoD and of low importance.

3) Nick played the "believer" role initially when he was promoting his first UFO book. Even implicating he may have been abducted. But later changed his mind and the abduction thing was a joke.

4) When evidence was presented to him he has ignored it in attempt to preserve a mystery.

5) He has made a career out of a minor junior role he held for 3 years a quarter of a century ago.

Good luck to Nick for spotting the gap in the market. At least he's not an outright liar who talks in absolutes like some of the muck spreaders out there. But he's also not fully transparent either.

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Yes, all you discuss seems correct.

As far as the alleged abduction story goes he sure denied some things on his own page recently.

A recap of the abduction story.

www.google.com...

But he's also not fully transparent either.

I agree, and suspect Clarke and Philip will be relentless?

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
yes, there must of been a d notice placed on the photo which we won't see for another 50 years because as you say the mod know what it was showing, an American black project.
Mr pope was not technically lying regarding his job as he had to file public reports and send out letters, just greatly exaggerated his office clerk duty's...lol. a reply to: mirageman

posted on Dec, 1 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I am aware that RFI has its own thread, but I am not discussing that incident here - more using the people involved as an example of the wider field. Rendlesham and its many participants and those that have been sucked into its orbit is, in my opinion; a good example of how bad the "human condition" can be, the effects of words and actions - and how that ripples out to other people. What does it actually achieve though?

Ufology and it's "personalities" qualify more as a sociological study of people in my opinion. You could get more answers about these people and their motivations examining it in that way - than wondering what some light in the sky was or any of the other total trash that comes with the usual Ufological baggage.

All Ufology really is at its heart: is people arguing...heroes are born and villains created - depending on which side of the argument your perspective lies, depends who falls into what category.

He Said/ She Said / You Said

What value does this actually add to anything?

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400

Am lost the thread is re Nick Pope.

There is a brief mention of the RFI above but otherwise it's about Nick Pope.

At the moment outside of ATS there are things taking place against Nick as we can see.

Otherwise the state of ufology is the same as it ever was.

edit on 2-12-2020 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

originally posted by: pigsy2400
I am aware that RFI has its own thread, but I am not discussing that incident here - more using the people involved as an example of the wider field.

It was in my original reply Baa - Nick Pope I categorise in with all the rest - and he was involved in RFI as you know.

The Wider field being - one that is poisonous that doesn't achieve anything other than a battle of egos - Pope included.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: pigsy2400
Sorry Pig's I misread your initial post.

You are indeed correct. Very much so.

On a different note isn't something supposed to be occuring today?

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400
What value does this actually add to anything?

For Nick Pope? Seemingly it all allowed him to develop drink and drug habits. I should imagine he feels he's lived it large. He had his moment in the spotlight.

The End.

For the rest of them. Depends what they were in it for. Money, fame, adoration - take your pick, all seem to be liberally supplied by the fan base.

My perspective is that ATS totally cracked Rendlesham wide open. The evidence was weighed, reliable and otherwise. The improbable and impossible. Pope has never even come close because he didn't even try, that'd be biting the hand that feeds him. There is very little to be gained financially from explaining a series of unfortunate events, while there seems to be plenty when you hitch your ride to the convoy of band-wagons. It's an industry, what they do has nothing to do with "truth-seeking" let alone information sharing. Nothing at all.

You know what they say about the truth setting you free? Well, the reverse is true too. Lies imprison you. And not just metaphorically speaking. All the money in the world can't buy you peace of mind.

Don't be sad Pigsy, it's all still to play for. They're stuck in their game of lies, we're free to go wherever the wind blows us.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join