It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF Hints at Introduction of Global Digital Currency

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Never Despise
a reply to: angelchemuel

This may not be a popular view, but remember the context of Nixon's visit: the height of the cold War, when there was an abiding and real fear of the USSR. Nixon's strategy of "triangular diplomacy" split the Chinese from the Soviets forever and paved the way for the end of the cold War.

At the time it was a geopolitical masterstroke.

Nixon did not send jobs to China: that happened on Clinton's watch. Nixon was many things (his abandonment of the gold standard was nasty business), but dividing the Chinese from the Soviets was one of his better moments IMHO and significantly weakened the latter long-term so that Reagan could later administer the coup de grace to the cold War era.

This is a very, VERY astute observation; excellent post.

Yes, one perspective on Nixon's China policy is through the lens of the Cold War. In that respect, making overtures to the Chinese to prevent them from teaming up with USSR was an effective strategy. Now, did China possess economic and military clout in the 70's that they do now? NO, but it was rich in resources, potential and human capital, and history would say that the strategy was effective, based on the Cold War's outcome.

Also, it is a FACT that the major economic industrial/wealth transfer from US ==> China DID pick up momentum during the Clinton administration. If you research into the people that began setting up business partnerships, consultancies, and laying the brickwork for China's brand of "command capitalism" in the 90s, you will find connections to President Clinton.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I have read quite a bit about this, but my question remains.......however can the IMF override the power and authorities behind the current system. Our minds automatically run to the US banking system and the US Dollar status as the world reserve currency. But that status and that system is greatly interlocked with the banking system in London and the European Banking system and the Swiss Bank of International Settlements.

The IMF cant just willy nilly change the world banking system without ending the existing monopoly backed by London, the European Banking industry and the BIS and I just cant see that being possible.

The real authority of the global currency system is in the hands of the central banks. They are the ones that control the levers/gears of monetary policy. IMHO, IMF is more of a propaganda/media outlet; they merely act as a front for the true masters, which are the central banks.

In the US, the Federal Reserve is not a bona fide political apparatus; they are not accountable to citizens nor the 3 branches of government in the US. This has always been pitched as advantageous, as the Fed can act in a manner unconstrained by political accountability (for example, the are supposed to be above election year jockeying), and they are described as "apolitical". By the same token...there is NO mechanism available to US voters to instigate change, or "vote the bums out", as it pertains to the central banks' leadership, e.g. the chairmen/chairwomen of the US Federal Reserve banks.

So in my view, it's more important to gauge the temperature of the global central banks to this idea than the IMF, and it's quite possible the IMF is simply the public face carrying out the will of the central banks.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Never Despise
I get and understand everything you have said.
However, it is the Japanese that hold the majority of America's debt, not the Chinese, (they are second in pecking order) so my digging has revealed today.
Also look into Kissinger a bit more, he was/is a lackey for the Rothschilds. There was more to this than just a geopolitical agenda.
Wish I had kept some of my tabs open now so I could post links.

Rainbows
Jane
PS....the IMF was set up when Nixon got rid of the gold standard.......

edit on pm102America/ChicagoSaturday2020-10-17T14:23:07-05:0002America/Chicago10000000 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Hmm, I had read that the founding of IMF was attributed to the Bretton Woods agreement, but will research it further.

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

new twist: introduction of a digital currency to remove the liquidity and anonymity that traditional currencies provide.

That seems to be the key, I was researching the idea of hacking a financial app with Genymotion on my PC but without the tower data it won't satisfy the authentication algorithm. Guess we will all be doing business through USB cell dongle if we want to use a PC?

posted on Oct, 17 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Like it or not crime is a great employer vast sums of money get into circulation because of it. This money will stop circulating at a time when AI is taking more modes of employment. At present Banks around the world have stopped there gold purchaces. It started with Russia and China and ended up with most of the worlds countries gathering it in. So buckle up if they think they have enough then the reset cant be that far away. The price of Gold and silver has been kept low by the likes of JP Morgan by spoofing and they are still doing it, was this a reason to allow Gold and Silver to be bought up at reasonable prices, so most countries were able to heed the call? At the moment the world economy is in dire shape pricing a fiat currency against economic performance is a fools game, so are we looking at a revaluation of PM's to back the accululated debt?

posted on Oct, 18 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Like it or not crime is a great employer vast sums of money get into circulation because of it. This money will stop circulating at a time when AI is taking more modes of employment. At present Banks around the world have stopped there gold purchaces. It started with Russia and China and ended up with most of the worlds countries gathering it in. So buckle up if they think they have enough then the reset cant be that far away. The price of Gold and silver has been kept low by the likes of JP Morgan by spoofing and they are still doing it, was this a reason to allow Gold and Silver to be bought up at reasonable prices, so most countries were able to heed the call? At the moment the world economy is in dire shape pricing a fiat currency against economic performance is a fools game, so are we looking at a revaluation of PM's to back the accululated debt?

Yes, it makes one wonder if recent events in the metals markets (reports of Fed Reserve no longer purchasing gold, the JP Morgan metal pricing scam, which I might add NOBODY was arrested for) have any connection to this.

IDK though; would it not make sense for central banks and allied governments to be vacuuming up precious metals as part of their strategy for rolling out a global digital currency? Without gold and silver as an alternate form of exchanging value, it would make all parties much more reliant on their new digital currency.

posted on Oct, 19 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Well, I agree with you and that is sorta my point.........the Central Banks arent going to vote themselves out of existence. A global currency wouldnt give the central banks anything to do.......they manage their various currencies and debt.

posted on Oct, 21 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

An internal currency can be anything the government wants, but between countries, it might have to be a Gold-backed currency.If they go digital for internal transactions it will stop runs on the Banks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join