It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Jet Pack Spotted at LAX (Second in two weeks)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

a reply to: mysterioustranger

They're pilots running checklists, either on final or on approach, and at night/evening. They're not going to see something, and whip out a phone and try to video tape it, because they have far more important things to do, like getting the plane ready to land.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I was thinking more like some of the people on the ground near where the "Rocketeers" are taking off from. I wouldn't expect a pilot to stop what they're doing the video the flying object.

I wonder if these are people flying with a jet pack, or are these those stunt drones that look like a person? Given that this is LA we're talking about.

posted on Oct, 15 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

The areas that they were seen don't seem to have a lot of people around. If anyone was there to film them, they were probably part of any ground crew involved with it, if there were any.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
6000 feet Hu don't believe it JET packs have VERY VERY short flight times MINTS at most .
Tkae a lot of fuel to get a 200mpound man and 100 pounds of equmint air borne and the tank only holds a few gallons .

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

It wouldn't be professional to go taking pictures on final approach.

I'm not sure of the distances involved but a person is difficult enough to spot at 1000ft distance, to take a picture whilst on final approach of something that may have only been visible for seconds is stretching.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

They find jockeys half that weight (nearly) to ride horses, every pound matters.

Seems it was seen at around 3000ft, I doubt it's fuel was measured in gallons tbh but who knows? The mind wonders.

I guess it's entirely possible it was never launched from the ground, it could even be possible that it's a landing platform built for one way trips.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I understand...but society has put 2 people as pilots...who are also living current in the media fields as well...where we "selfie" and send instantaneously around the world.

Take off, taxi-ing, landing..I'll never believe photos of any reported sightings weren't quickly snapped.

We're sure...as the gov...oh wait...!

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
"This jetpack maker isn't so sure that's what's been spotted over the L.A. skies
“There are only a handful of companies working on this type of technology and none of us have heard about anybody doing something like this,” he said."

NBC story

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

And at that phase of flight, for both sightings, one pilot is reading the checklist, and the other pilot is verifying the checklist. There's a reason there are two people in the cockpit, and it's not so that one can be taking pictures of guys in jetpacks while the other flies.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I can't judge too well without more input but given the situation and the numbers involved I am highly doubtful that an expert photographer could've produced a viable image for others to study.

I mean there's other angles too. How well do you know your phone? I use mine everyday. It would take me atleast 10 seconds to unlock it, get the camera app up and then take a picture of what I can only assume is a tiny fast moving target.

There's also the fact that few people even consider taking a picture when they briefly witness something out of the ordinary. I've personal experience in that field. They say seeing is believing, most people do a little dance with their senses and logic and it eats up time fast.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thank you. I concur, you are correct. I also concur that we all...know evidence gets surpressed.

Knowing it has been, is possible, is likely though not divulged..I'm going with that.

Thnx Z. Your reputation precedes you!👍

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Jumpin in again...regardless...who can zip around in some suit at 6,000 feet????!!!

**PS I get sick up cleaning my gutters!

edit on 16-10-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
the jet pack companies claim this would be impossible. " So maybe alien?

" In theory, some jetpacks can fly at this altitude, though there is no record of them actually doing so. Some boast an altitude between 12,000 feet (3,657 meters) and 25,000 feet (7,620 meters), but they also have a very short flying range of just a few minutes, which means going this high up and back down again is impossible." www.autoevolution.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

Which is why one theory is that it's a landing system for jumpers, and that he came out of an aircraft and was landing.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Which is why one theory is that it's a landing system for jumpers, and that he came out of an aircraft and was landing.

That’s what I’m thinking also or maybe a test to see how it maneuvers at that altitude?

I guess it’s also possible he obtained that height and had a chute for backup in case he wasn’t going to make it back down. Which sounds a bit like a suicide mission to me but I’m sure there’s some crazy out there that would do it in a heartbeat.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
How much do those things weigh?

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
a reply to: whyamIhere

Bet its some rich idiot flying out to meet his girlfriend on an incoming flight...

Trying to show her how brave and adventurous he is. One of those big 777 engines would eat him up and spit him out like a bloody diarrhea.

He has tech no one else in the world does right now. You would be hard pressed to find a jet pack that could make it to 3000 feet with enough fuel to land. Im doubting its a jetpack just on fuel consumption. Maybe its a misidentified drone not to mention the noise they are not quiet. So takeoffs and landings without someone hearing you would be difficult.

Ill say this if this is some cutting edge jet pack they are risking the entire future of the company or person who created it. Because its likely they are going to jail since the FBI is now investigating the incident.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Could it be something as simple as a balloon mocked up as a person with a jet pack with no RC? Would be rather easy to do nowadays.

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This tech has been around for 3yrs

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 16 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Woah.

I was just throwing out possibilities, I guess clocks even get two chances a day to be right.

Still.

Its absolutely stupid to be testing anything around an airport.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join